SportsWrath

mickeef

BIGBLUE01

:P

Slightly off topic.

I was at my local watering hole last nite, and there was a guy there, who I had met about two weeks prior, that was in town from Boston(just outside actually, I believe he said he lives in Brockton or sumthin like that), but got a DUI here and has to stay a little longer than planned. The reason I am directing this at you, is he's a big Giant fan and a Red Sox fan. Honestly, youre the only one I know like that. I took off my jacket, exposing my Osi jersey, and we immediatley started talking. I dont even know if you live in Boston, but you came to mind when talkin to this guy. :)

:P

Slightly off topic.

I was at my local glory hole last nite, and there was a guy there, who I had met about two weeks prior, that was in town from Boston(just outside actually, I believe he said he lives in Brockton or sumthin like that), but he got nice hand job here and wants to stay a little longer than planned. The reason I am directing this at you, is he's a big dildo fan and a felching fan. Honestly, I love you. I took off my shirt, exposing my hard nipples, and we immediatley started kissing. I dont even know if you live in Boston, but you came to mind when I was kissing this guy. :)

So why didn't you ask him if he was me? Afraid to admit you belong to a nerdy sports message board in public? Yeah, me too. :)

Seriously, though- nah, that ain't me (though that dude also has impeccable taste). I'm in upstate NY, near Poughkeepsie.

So why didn't you ask him if he was me? Afraid to admit you belong to a nerdy sports message board in public? Yeah, me too. :)

Seriously, though- nah, that ain't me (though that dude also has impeccable taste). I'm in upstate NY, near Poughkeepsie.

Me too, litle south of PO town, maybe we have bumped into each other at the Home Depot?

LOL :P

I honestly didnt think it was you, but I did think maybe a brother or something. Oh, and BTW, if you didnt catch the hidden message in this post, I'll give it to you plain and simple.

DONT COME TO AZ AND DRINK AND DRIVE! As a matter of fact, dont even jaywalk here, they LOVE to fill thier jails. <_<

:LMAO: I think it's hilarious when people call that area "upstate" NY. I live in Orange County and in no way are we upstate NY. My girl went to Cortland and those people only refer to that area as middle NY. It's amazing how city centric NY is.

:LMAO: I think it's hilarious when people call that area "upstate" NY. I live in Orange County and in no way are we upstate NY. My girl went to Cortland and those people only refer to that area as middle NY. It's amazing how city centric NY is.

If you cannot get to NYC bt train or car within a reasonable amount of time IMO thats makes you upstate NY. Where we are here in Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, with trains and new improved roads the city is an easy commute. I am in southern Dutchess and it takes me 40 minutes to get to WHite Plains, 55 to the Bronx, hardly upstate when you consider how close we are.

I call Westchester "upstate".

I was just going to say- I was born and raised on LI. Westchester is "upstate".

It's not like I wear being from "upstate" like a badge of honor, either. It was totally depressing giving up my Brooklyn address when I came up here.

If you cannot get to NYC bt train or car within a reasonable amount of time IMO thats makes you upstate NY. Where we are here in Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, with trains and new improved roads the city is an easy commute. I am in southern Dutchess and it takes me 40 minutes to get to WHite Plains, 55 to the Bronx, hardly upstate when you consider how close we are.

I'm next to New Paltz and it takes a solid hour and 45 minutes to Manhattan (Mid-Hudson Bridge to Taconic), and I don't drive slow. Not exactly a reasonable amount of time (not when your buddies are hopping on a train back to Queens and they'll be asleep by the time you get out of the Bronx).

I'm next to New Paltz and it takes a solid hour and 45 minutes to Manhattan (Mid-Hudson Bridge to Taconic), and I don't drive slow. Not exactly a resonable amount of time (not when your buddies are hopping on a train back to Queens and they'll be asleep by the time you get out of the Bronx).

Ahhh.....New Pfaltz. Some of my french ancestors came to New Pfaltz with other Hugenots back in the 1600's, the most notable I suppose, was named Louis Bevier, who married Marie LeBlanc. His great grandson, Samuel Bevier bought land off of the Otsiningo Indians and he became the first setter in what is now called Binghamton. He (Samuel) ran a ferry across the Susquehanna River at a spot that is not called the Bevier Street Bridge. Actually, my father's and brother's middle name is still Lewis (they anglicized the spelling in the 1700's) that has been passed down for 11 generations now in honor of old Louis. I've never been to New Pfaltz, but I think Louis Bevier's house still stands and is a historical marker. It should be a pretty little historical type village if my thinking is correct. Certainly not "the city" you'd be used to.

Me too, litle south of PO town, maybe we have bumped into each other at the Home Depot?

lol Which one? I think there's three within a few miles of each other. One across from Marist, one Wappingers, and I think there's another one in Fishkill.

I'm next to New Paltz and it takes a solid hour and 45 minutes to Manhattan (Mid-Hudson Bridge to Taconic), and I don't drive slow. Not exactly a reasonable amount of time (not when your buddies are hopping on a train back to Queens and they'll be asleep by the time you get out of the Bronx).

I am in East Fishkill. 1/4 mile from Taconic and a few miles to 84. 84 is mile marker 36 so in 40 minutes I am at the 287 interchange(end of Taconic) if need be or am at Jackson Ave on the Sprain in 45 minutes. You are further up then I am and away from the thouroughfare. SOuthern Dutchess is really convienent to Westchester County. I am in a very prime spot for my closeness to the TSP and 84. Even Route 55 to where the local high school is is only a few exits up the Taconic

Staten Island is NOT part of New York City, I refuse to believe it.

Laugh my ass off.

When I was a student at Cortland State, at least half the kids were from Long Island. In one class the prof asked everyone on our first day to go around the room and tell the class your name and where you're from and what your major is.

One of the guys slouched in his chair and had this cocky, laid back, eye's rolled back in his head look as if to make sure the teach knew he was bored, as he gave his name and said he was from "thee ahlund".

The teacher snapped back, "no kiddin, so you're from Staten Island", to which the kid suddenly sat up and became alert and acted angry and said, "NO....LONG ISLAND".

The teacher said, "oh....I thought there were more islands in New York than just Long Island".

I am a Long Ghiland Man from Brooklyn (Kings County), through Queens and Nassau (prior 1898 when they were both Queens County) and Suffolk. Staten Island might as well be Jersey to me. The Bronx might as well not exist except as a place of employment and Manhattan is .....well....Manhattan.

I am a Long Ghiland Man from Brooklyn (Kings County), through Queens and Nassau (prior 1898 when they were both Queens County) and Suffolk. Staten Island might as well be Jersey to me. The Bronx might as well not exist except as a place of employment and Manhattan is .....well....Manhattan.

I'm born and raised in Queens NY, near the Brooklyn border.

Guest StrahansGap

I still can't figure out why we call Bronx, " The Bronx". :confused: Why don't we start calling Queens, "the Queens" and Brooklyn, "the Brooklyn"? Anyone have an answer?

I still can't figure out why we call Bronx, " The Bronx". :confused: Why don't we start calling Queens, "the Queens" and Brooklyn, "the Brooklyn"? Anyone have an answer?

actually i do- jonas bronck, a dutchman used to own a lot of the land that is now a section of the bronx. On weekends, he and his family would invite his friends from the city to visit. they would say ' we are going to the broncks' and the name stuck.

I was just going to say- I was born and raised on LI. Westchester is "upstate".

It's not like I wear being from "upstate" like a badge of honor, either. It was totally depressing giving up my Brooklyn address when I came up here.

What part keef? I was born in Oceanside. Moved to jersey when I was tyke, then out here.