SportsWrath

Gilbride receives extension

Taylorized56

Via Rotoworld

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that the Giants have signed offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride to a two-year extension. Gilbride, who received a lot of praise for his play-calling during the playoffs, had a contract that was set to expire next month. He'll now be with the team through the 2009-10 season.

I wasn't the biggest Gilbride fan during the regular season, though he did seem to listen to Manning more and call more plays catering to Eli's strength's during the postseason and did a nice job during the playoff run.

The playcalling did change at the end and that played a huge part in the SB win. I have not always been a fan of his but you can't argue with what he did in the post-season. Plus keeping Eli and the offense in the same system works well for next season.

:clap:

2 More years of Shockey doing 3 yards curls on every play. :TU:

:TD:

:LMAO: damn Nem you can be really mean. I mean we all criticized the guy when he sucked.. it's only fair that we pay him his dues when he performs. Last I checked the New York Football Giants are the world champs... take a chill pill will ya ;)

Although Im glad for Gilbride, cant say I dont agree with this statement. It seems like he doesnt use Shockey like he should.

Maybe if Shockey showed some consistency out there, he would've used him more... it's kindda hard to get on a rhythm if you keep dropping the ball... not being hard on Shocky but I think he needs to take his game to the next level.. he's nowhere where he should be.. he played better in his rookie year than any other year as far as I know.. except for blocking duties.

Eh, I kinda wish we could hire someone else. But I don't know who. I'm praying his playcalling stays consistent in the regular season next year. Even after the SB I still don't trust him.

I'm afraid we may be falling into the "grass is greener on the other side" mentality. Let's face it.. we were 10-6 during the regular season... probably 11-5 if Eli didn't have that awful game against Minny... and we had the most awsome playoffs of all.. the guy deserves to be rewarded.

Maybe if Shockey showed some consistency out there, he would've used him more... it's kindda hard to get on a rhythm if you keep dropping the ball... not being hard on Shocky but I think he needs to take his game to the next level.. he's nowhere where he should be.. he played better in his rookie year than any other year as far as I know.. except for blocking duties.

Again, Shockey had 3 drop balls all year.

I'm real mixed on this. He's responsible for some really bad games this year. But he's also called some excellent games.

Me too. I'm not entirely convinced Eli just went with what was called. I think he took a few notes from Peyton and changed the calls in the huddle. And no one, and I mean no one, could have called the miracle play to Tyree. I believe Eli & Co. just went balls to the wall and played their asses off.

Fuck this loser. He costs us games and was DIRECTLY responsible for our anemic offense underachieving through most of the season. We won the SB despite this fucker, not because of him. Not fucking us through the play-offs does not justify keeping him.

So Plax having 7 drops and 11 the year before. And amani having 8 this year is OK. But Shockey having 3 is waaaay to many. :rolleyes:

All I'm saying is Shockey has to live up to his reputation... Plax elevated his play this year which got him off the hook as I was his biggest critic. Remember I was the one who called for a trade with Oakland to get Randy Moss here.. and that was back in the offseason long before NE got him.

Look I love Shockey. He just has to play the level we KNOW he's capable of playing.. that's all.

Shockey's Stats from 2007, yet another injured year:

NYG 14 57 619 10.9 3.

Kinda puts a crimp in Nem's "He only runs 3 yard curls."

Actually, it just proves my point how good Shockey is. Shockey turns 3 yard curls into 11 yards gains. :)

HEY LOOK NEM, BURRESS DIDN'T DROP 11 PASSES.

I hate it when I am brutally right.

I hate it when people can't read. HEY GOLF, I SAID "So Plax having 7 drops and 11 the year before."

Actually, it just proves my point how good Shockey is. Shockey turns 3 yard curls into 11 yards gains. :)

I hate it when people can't read. HEY GOLF, I SAID "So Plax having 7 drops and 11 the year before."

Nah, Shockey can't break tackles anymore so it doesn't matter.

Didn't have 11 drops the year before

Yeah, what games are you watching again? The guy hasn't broken many tackles

since 2002 and I attribute that to all his injuries, isn't really a knock on him...he just doesn't

break tackles anymore.

I agree. There was a bootleg play this year at home, I think it was against the Vikings, where he was out in the open with only one guy in front of him. And he went down really easily for a 4 yard gain or something.

He's not the same player. Injuries, no chemistry with quarterbacks, and not performing his routes well is what did him in.

It's a shame.