SportsWrath

Its not the play calling, its not the coaches

xxi-xxv

This kid needs to go back up his big brother for a few years

Funny thing after todays loss.....and IF the G men do NOT make the playoffs. This 'regime' might be dismantled soon. Eli will go to a new team in 2 yrs and fucking shine. :cwy:

This shit is depressing! :cwy:

...or the receivers could catch the ball when it comes there way.

Seriously, last week and this week was Steve Smith's chance to fuck up.

That was an easy touchdown for fuck's sake.

At this point I could give a fuck less what Eli's numbers are, I don't care

and could care less. Simms led the team to a Superbowl with 22 interceptions

compared to 21 touchdowns. I don't care anymore. I like the win and I'm leaving

it at that.

it at that.

I guess that's what it is all about. Finding a way to win when your QB has struggled for 4 weeks. Run the ball - YES - and the defense did IT!!!!

...or the receivers could catch the ball when it comes there way.

Seriously, last week and this week was Steve Smith's chance to fuck up.

That was an easy touchdown for fuck's sake.

it at that.

Spot on. Eli may not throw the ball between the #s but our WRs (except for Toomer) don't really make tough catches... hell they don't make the easy one's either.

That drop by Smith was inexcusable. It's not hard to haul a pass like that...

Eli is who he is.. he can be really good and he can suck. We have a decent QB and we'll leave it at that.

Eli is who he is.. he can be really good and he can suck. We have a decent QB and we'll leave it at that.

And that is all this team needs to win. Especially if Bradshaw is as VG put it the real deal. Jacobs and Bradshaw are a dangerous pairing. Unlike the fake pairing of Droughns and Jacobs, Bradshaw is a different type of runner. Having those two really lightens the load for Eli. We do not need a QB to win our games, which I think is something our coaches think they have. We have and we need a QB that can run the game for us, make smart throws, do well off of playaction (which Eli does very well), and when it comes crunch time doesn't wilter. Fact is Eli plays his best in pressure situations, and he really is the kind of QB this team needs....so long as this team stops relying on him to win the game.

Here's what we need to do in the offseason:

1. Fire Gilbride.

2. Get "Plan B" quarterback ready in case Eli doesn't pan out.

3. Draft or sign a top-flight LT.

That's my wish list, at least.

I'd agree with that. What would you do with Diehl though?

He's been pretty good for someone who was suppose to suck this year.

And that is all this team needs to win. Especially if Bradshaw is as VG put it the real deal. Jacobs and Bradshaw are a dangerous pairing. Unlike the fake pairing of Droughns and Jacobs, Bradshaw is a different type of runner. Having those two really lightens the load for Eli. We do not need a QB to win our games, which I think is something our coaches think they have. We have and we need a QB that can run the game for us, make smart throws, do well off of playaction (which Eli does very well), and when it comes crunch time doesn't wilter. Fact is Eli plays his best in pressure situations, and he really is the kind of QB this team needs....so long as this team stops relying on him to win the game.

And the Irony is Eli will be better with less pressure. Defenses will have to play the run more.. gets our WRs more open.

I'd agree with that. What would you do with Diehl though?

He's been pretty good for someone who was suppose to suck this year.

Man, I don't know. Stick him back at Guard when the youngster replaces him and then groom him for RT when Kareem becomes a FA in a year? Not quite sure.

Eli will be a good qb someday when he's used the right way.

So far, he's been used as if he's Peyton. Putting the whole offense on his shoulders and passing first to set up the run.

Hell that wasn't working 2 years ago and yet we're still doing it.

We've got an outstanding RB corps and yet we still come out passing first.

It's very simple and it's been done for many years.

You pound the ball again and again to set up play action passing.

You only throw it when you absolutely have to or to catch the defense when they're playing the run.

We need an OC who understands this basic concept.

So far, he's been used as if he's Peyton. Putting the whole offense on his shoulders and passing first to set up the run.

You only throw it when you absolutely have to or to catch the defense when they're playing the run.

There is no reason why Manning should throw for over 30 times a game,

unless the Giants are down. Give him the Roethlisberger treatment, but don't

dumb down the playbook.

I am through defending ELI with how his guys drop passes. Yes he had 8 official drops against the Skins, thats still 26 incomplete passes on the night. Yes he had some drops vs the Bills and a huge one by Smith that could have changed the game, it does not dismiss the terrible Ints and fumbles he had.

I will always take wins and I could care less what his stats are, but with games like yesterday they are winning in spite of him and quite frankly average Qb would be better for this team at this point then what he is giving.

There is no reason why Manning should throw for over 30 times a game,

unless the Giants are down. Give him the Roethlisberger treatment, but don't

dumb down the playbook.

Man, I kind of think that's EXACTLY what they have to do. Let him think less and play more.

I remember after the Baltimore game his rookie year, the coaching staff asked what they needed to do to make his life easier... and he said simplify the playbook. After they did so, his game started to come alive. It was good then; maybe it'll be good now too.

Couldn't agree more.

Man, I kind of think that's EXACTLY what they have to do. Let him think less and play more.

I remember after the Baltimore game his rookie year, the coaching staff asked what they needed to do to make his life easier... and he said simplify the playbook. After they did so, his game started to come alive. It was good then; maybe it'll be good now too.

Yeah, I remember hearing an announcer saying (might have been Aikman) that

Gilbride is worried that Eli might not be able to use the whole playbook and that it

could hinder him late in the season with all the complex routes and stuff like that.

Doesn't help that Gilbride doesn't know what he is doing though.

I still think the Giants have him do WAY, WAY too much. Making the calls

at the line, etc.

For a young or intermediate QB the line calls should always be done by the center or the most experienced lineman if the center is a rookie or young. His Omaha....Omaha....is an example of him trying to point out the unaccounted for blitzer; and he is seldom correct.

Gillbride's system requires the QB and receiver to read the defense simultaneously as the play developes. If the QB sees one thing and the receiver sees another, the WR might break in while the QB throws an out.

This offense needs to be dumbed down, better yet Gillbride needs to go. Buddy Ryan didn't punch him in the face for nothing.

Lets see here, last year it was Hufnagels fault, now its Gilbride's fault. Maybe we can also blame Chris Palmer as well?

No you're right, Gilbride is an excellent OC.

Look no further than the Washington game for evidence supporting that.

And don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying any of those coaches are to blame for Eli. Eli is what he is.

I'm saying they're to blame for not realizing it sooner.

How do you continue to put the game on his shoulders over and over again?

How do you abandon one of the best running games in the NFL over and over again?

It looks like they finally figured it out vs Buffalo, but something tells me they'll go right back to what isn't working vs the Pats.