SportsWrath

Giants V.S. Redskins 12/16/07

Lughead

So on my way home from work I hear Bob Papa on the radio talking about the 86 NFC Championship game and how we pounded the ball down Washington's throats all game and won 17-0 in a game where the conditions were similar to what they are now. Why did I expect the same from this coaching staff?

Parcells and Belichek era. How I do miss those days. Those guys were coachs.

So on my way home from work I hear Bob Papa on the radio talking about the 86 NFC Championship game and how we pounded the ball down Washington's throats all game and won 17-0 in a game where the conditions were similar to what they are now. Why did I expect the same from this coaching staff?

I was going to say the same thing. Just about every time they ran...they got positive yardage. This is one of those games when you need a decent ground game....timely defense....and a half assed Field goal kicker and you have a game.

FIFTEEN!!!!

(Simms...once he and the plan came together...was a master of the Meadowlands conditions)

And he also said that there was a method to throwing the ball there.....a tight spiral with a low arcing almost flat trajectory because of the turtle back field out there. Simms used to get a lot of balls batted down at the line until he changed his delivery.

I was going to say the same thing. Just about every time they ran...they got positive yardage. This is one of those games when you need a decent ground game....timely defense....and a half assed Field goal kicker and you have a game.

A running game? You're insane... it will never work!

Eli must have slept with Kevin's wife. "Just keep winging it Eli. You can do it!"..... "But KG, it's 3rd and 1"

Disgusting.........Eli didnt even connect ONE FUCKING PASS!

I've seen a lot of "firsts". A QB that threw three INTs returned for TDs (vs Vikes)......11 offensive drops by various recievers on the Giants. 2 fouth down conversions in a row...by the Giants....

....frustrating as a fan to see the Giants once again 'back' into a playoffs. And the funny thing is it is possible that the Giants could be eliminated!!!!

I've seen a lot of "firsts". A QB that threw three INTs returned for TDs (vs Vikes)......11 offensive drops by various recievers on the Giants. 2 fouth down conversions in a row...by the Giants....

....frustrating as a fan to see the Giants once again 'back' into a playoffs. And the funny thing is it is possible that the Giants could be eliminated!!!!

Shades of 1988 and......"Al Toon catches the ball"........"I just sat there and watched the 69'ers lay down like dogs". Wait a minute someone just walked across my grave. :(:unsure::o

....frustrating as a fan to see the Giants once again 'back' into a playoffs. And the funny thing is it is LIKELY

that the Giants could be eliminated!!!!

FIXED

I wonder how would TC do as the playcaller.

Not any worse than Gilfuck or HuffHole. Fuck....Far Rockaway's H.S. coach can call a better game than those humps. Where is the offensive quality control....there is supposed to be an assistant available whose only job is to monitor tendencies and nonsensical play calling. Shit does Coughlin get the last say on the offensive play calls. I mean he was a TE coach when he was here the first time around under the Prostitute.....so he has to know what winning football is all about.

I hate to say it, but it is very possible. Buffalo is not going to be a picnic. Hell, I think Buffalo would have destroyed the Skins. Obviously if we dont win next week, we are done. We will not beat the Pats and I dont even want to watch that game. It's going to be a good old fashion ass whooping. Look at next week as an elimination game.

And he also said that there was a method to throwing the ball there.....a tight spiral with a low arcing almost flat trajectory because of the turtle back field out there. Simms used to get a lot of balls batted down at the line until he changed his delivery.

Yes....comes with practice and being fiery. Simms had 'it'. Wasn't the best QB but he was a gritty SOB. Stood up to Parcells when necessary. Adjusted his game so he could last in NYC. Seems like these dumb ass coaches aren't working with Eli at all. And seriously, when Gilbride signals in a 'chuck play' to Eli...seems like Eli doesn't wanna do it......case in point...Eli spends too much time at the line pointing and 'Omaha-ing', 2 seconds left on the play clock, Eli takes a 7 step drop and focus in on ONE WR!!!!! I really believe Eli doesn't feel right with the plays. I would send Plax deep...let Landry bite on it and throw passes to the TE underneath or get #44 involved. I'm sure he catches check downs better than Jacobs. Sheeeeez!!!!

Even a scrub like Collins adjusted his throws tonight.

Yes....comes with practice and being fiery. Simms had 'it'. Wasn't the best QB but he was a gritty SOB. Stood up to Parcells when necessary. Adjusted his game so he could last in NYC. Seems like these dumb ass coaches aren't working with Eli at all. And seriously, when Gilbride signals in a 'chuck play' to Eli...seems like Eli doesn't wanna do it......case in point...Eli spends too much time at the line pointing and 'Omaha-ing', 2 seconds left on the play clock, Eli takes a 7 step drop and focus in on ONE WR!!!!! I really believe Eli doesn't feel right with the plays. I would send Plax deep...let Landry bite on it and throw passes to the TE underneath or get #44 involved. I'm sure he catches check downs better than Jacobs. Sheeeeez!!!!

Even a scrub like Collins adjusted his throws tonight.

Every time I hear Opie say Omaha I cringe...because I know its going to be a bad adjustment to a blitz that will either be intercepted, sacked for a loss, sacked and fumbling, ball bouncing off of fingers. This is not a crisp offense. Everyone jokes about Fassell but I believe he would be the best coach for Opie right now. He and/or Payton down in the Dike Town would call a better game than Gilfuck.

Every time I hear Opie say Omaha I cringe...because I know its going to be a bad adjustment to a blitz that will either be intercepted, sacked for a loss, sacked and fumbling, ball bouncing off of fingers. This is not a crisp offense. Everyone jokes about Fassell but I believe he would be the best coach for Opie right now. He and/or Payton down in the Dike Town would call a better game than Gilfuck.

My wife and son wonders why I say "Fuck, snap the ball" or "Hey, get the freakin play OFF already" 34 times a game to my TV. "Omaha -Omaha!!!!" the pointing and the burning the play clock is annoying. Giants, we are gonna do THREE things from the shotgun....a draw play, check down to a back or a chuck to Plax or Toomer....THAT'S it!!!!! No secrets! Defenses know this.....that is why Landry played center field. 10 D guys against eleven and we kept chucking it. WoW!!!!