SportsWrath

If the Giants clinch the 5th spot.........

boohyah

.........do we sit the regulars, or at least sit some.

Just wondering, because it's being going round the talk shows. It was irritating to hear Mike and the Maddog, complain that if the Giants don't play the full team against the Pats, that it would be wrong.

.........do we sit the regulars, or at least sit some.

Just wondering, because it's being going round the talk shows. It was irritating to hear Mike and the Maddog, complain that if the Giants don't play the full team against the Pats, that it would be wrong.

Well as much as I'd like for us to be the team to stop the NE machine.. in the same manner we did it do the then 13-0 Denver, I think it will be wise to rest our regulars.. at least the injured ones.. and hopefully not get any more players injured.

Coughlin will not sit anyone . why should he? we need to build momentum going into the post season. we got in a rut against Minni and it took most of the Chicago game to get out of it. We struggled with Philly and our offense has been very stagnate . I dont see how "Resting" players will help "IF" we go into the playoffs. If anything we need to play them and continue to crawl out of our slump. Cause if you know Giant history we aint resting players and come in the playoffs like we were shot out of a Cannon .

Coughlin will not sit anyone . why should he? we need to build momentum going into the post season. we got in a rut against Minni and it took most of the Chicago game to get out of it. We struggled with Philly and our offense has been very stagnate . I dont see how "Resting" players will help "IF" we go into the playoffs. If anything we need to play them and continue to crawl out of our slump. Cause if you know Giant history we aint resting players and come in the playoffs like we were shot out of a Cannon .

Well let's just say everyone will be in uniform but the back ups will get much needed game-time experience.

If you look at recent Giants history you're wrong. Shockey has be sat week 16 in every year except one. There's no way they'll play Burress either.

I think the dinged up starters will rest if the game means nothing. If you can't get your shit together by week 17 then the epiphany isn't just going to magically happen. Better to have everybody rested up and ready to rumble.

If you look at recent Giants history you're wrong. Shockey has be sat week 16 in every year except one. There's no way they'll play Burress either.

Ooops I tried to say two things at once.

Shockey did not get "SAT" because we only had to play meaningless games to finish the season he was on the bench due to injury.

Cause if you know Giant history we aint resting players and come in the playoffs like we were shot out of a Cannon .

Giant history:

When was the last time we "Rested Players"?

How long has it been since we have been dominate in the Playoffs due to our Offense?

Ooops I tried to say two things at once.

Shockey did not get "SAT" because we only had to play meaningless games to finish the season he was on the bench due to injury.

Semantics really. Wasn't it that lingering turf toe? He played 15 of 16 games the last three years. If it was a meaningful game he would have played. Same scenario this year with Burress.

I was thinking about this the other day and honestly... even if we win out, I don't think we rest players at all.

Think about it psychologically. If we're headed to the playoffs... we know at some point we'll have to play either Dallas or Green Bay, BOTH of whom handed our asses to us this year. It's a little intimidating.

But, if we go in having just knocked off the "greatest team ever..." That's a huge, HUGE momentum swing in our favor as we go into the postseason, and might honestly propel us deep into the playoffs.

I'd say no to sitting the starters.

I was thinking about this the other day and honestly... even if we win out, I don't think we rest players at all.

Think about it psychologically. If we're headed to the playoffs... we know at some point we'll have to play either Dallas or Green Bay, BOTH of whom handed our asses to us this year. It's a little intimidating.

But, if we go in having just knocked off the "greatest team ever..." That's a huge, HUGE momentum swing in our favor as we go into the postseason, and might honestly propel us deep into the playoffs.

I don't think the Giants are intimidated by anyone. Both Dallas' games were shootouts. Like I stated before, we're one good safety away from winning both games. Green Bay is very beatable.... Lucky for them our D was lost the forst 2 weeks of the seasons.

The prudent thing to do is rest your players... sit out the injured ones and let the starters play just to stay "fresh". If someone gets injured and is out for the season, we won't hear the end of it.

I don't think the Giants are intimidated by anyone. Both Dallas' games were shootouts. Like I stated before, we're one good safety away from winning both games. Green Bay is very beatable.... Lucky for them our D was lost the forst 2 weeks of the seasons.

The prudent thing to do is rest your players... sit out the injured ones and let the starters play just to stay "fresh". If someone gets injured and is out for the season, we won't hear the end of it.

The Giants proved they weren't intimidated by Dallas a few weeks back and it made no difference, Dallas are just that confident and good. I do agree they can beat everyone else.

It's a no win situation for Coughlin. The O has struggled and would need the practice but what if Eli gets injured badly? If the Pats are 15-0 it would be nice to beat them but having a healthier team is more important and the risk for injury is too much of a gamble.

i dont think TC will sit anyone ( except Plaxico ) if we clinch tonight .....that's just his way !

However he may well approach the Pats game a bit like the 3rd pre season game with the starters only in for the first half.

c'mon lets beat those Deadskins tonight !

Go Giants

( oh and boohyah ....well done Man U for the victory today over Liverpool ! dammit )

i dont think TC will sit anyone ( except Plaxico ) if we clinch tonight .....that's just his way !

However he may well approach the Pats game a bit like the 3rd pre season game with the starters only in for the first half.

c'mon lets beat those Deadskins tonight !

Go Giants

( oh and boohyah ....well done Man U for the victory today over Liverpool ! dammit )

UK, I would have responded sooner, but I hadn't watched the game on Sunday (just watched it last night) and I knew if I read you post you would have mentioned the result. That was one uninspired game and if I was a Liverpool fan I would be unhappy about it.