SportsWrath

Is it just Make Me Some Food Ho, or.....

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

I thought the game plan was sound.

Against the second best offense in the NFL, you play ball control... short passes... run Jacobs, wear 'em down, keep your D rested, and hope you're holding the ball in a close game at the two minute warning.

We didn't execute.

I thought the game plan was sound.

Against the second best offense in the NFL, you play ball control... short passes... run Jacobs, wear 'em down, keep your D rested, and hope you're holding the ball in a close game at the two minute warning.

We didn't execute.

the game plan was sound but i think the situational playcalling was atrocious. i also think droughns should've gotten more carries in the first half to keep jacobs fresh for the 2nd half. i mean ward spelled jacobs a LOT when he was healthy and droughns has proven that he is a capable runner even in the role as a featured back, he's a great asset to have considering what we gave up for him so why not utilize him more?

oh and i think the giants are absolutely retarded for designating droughns as the short yardage/goal line back. yeah when you have a guy like jacobs as a reserve and the starter is a guy like tiki barber it makes sense to use the big guy as the goal line back, but droughns is no better in this role as jacobs was last year and no better in any short yardage situation as jacobs is, so why do it?

oh and i think the giants are absolutely retarded for designating droughns as the short yardage/goal line back. yeah when you have a guy like jacobs as a reserve and the starter is a guy like tiki barber it makes sense to use the big guy as the goal line back, but droughns is no better in this role as jacobs was last year and no better in any short yardage situation as jacobs is, so why do it?

You know, I don't really get that either... but it seems to have worked to this point, and I'm not gonna argue with success.

i think we are 3rd in the NFL in 3rd and short efficiency, and i can understand it cuz droughns is a bruiser too, but i just think we aren't playing our best hand in these situations and i really hope it doesn't end up biting us in the ass

I was ripping my hair out when we were in no huddle last night running fucking draw plays with little time to spare.

tell me about it. I couldnt believe what I was seeing. And like I said, it wasnt just lst night, its been like this all season in even the games we've won. The offensive play calling has been down right awful all season.

I was ripping my hair out when we were in no huddle last night running fucking draw plays with little time to spare.

Two things I cannot stand from the Giants playcalling. The 'Shotgun-hand-it to the RB play' AND the 'long drop back passes' when the Giants should be throwing quicker passes to Toomer or Shockey.

i think we are 3rd in the NFL in 3rd and short efficiency, and i can understand it cuz droughns is a bruiser too, but i just think we aren't playing our best hand in these situations and i really hope it doesn't end up biting us in the ass

You're just pissed because Brandon didn't get the 6 points for your fantasy team. :P

I still think Gilbride is a little better than Hufnagel, but that isn't saying much. I wonder if in this offseason we keep Coughlin and hire a new OC?

I wonder how would the Giants respond if Coughlin pulled a Fassel and started calling plays. :P

I still think Gilbride is a little better than Hufnagel, but that isn't saying much. I wonder if in this offseason we keep Coughlin and hire a new OC?

I wonder how would the Giants respond if Coughlin pulled a Fassel and started calling plays. :P

I just saw a clip of Gilbride as OC for the Houston Oilers getting punched on the sidelines by the DC. Perhaps Spags should give him a crack? Of course it would have to be an uppercut...