SportsWrath

What lost us the game.

Sephiroth

1. Two FLAT OUT AWFUL calls be the officials... one on the kickoff TD, one on Jacobs' TD

2. TO being covered one-on-one.

3. Eli being outplayed by Romo. This was a career-defining game for him... Romo was the better Qb tonite... and Dallas didn't give up the bank to get him. Eli will ONLY EVER BE AN AVERAGE QB. (EDIT: average-to-good. Not great).

4. Jacobs running like a girl for much of the game. If you're 265 lbs, you had better punish people... and Jacobs didn't... just like he didn't for the snaps he played in the first Dallas game.

We lost this game at the end of the 2nd quarter. When we took a 14-10 lead and then forced a punt to get the ball back with 2:45 we got way too pass happy. I like the idea that the coaches feel this team has the ability to turn a 14-10 lead into 17 or 21 -10 going into the half, but in reality the Dallas offense is too potent to give more chances to(which they wound up doing). A sack and incompletion allowed for too much time and of course Dallas scored. Give the offense credit for tying it up(thanks to a stupid Dallas penalty)but there is no way we should have relinquised the ball at that time. I would have been perfectly content with three Jacobs dives into the line, use clock and Dallas timeouts and punt it back to Dallas, with less than 2 minutes to go and no timeouts. Just silly coaching there. Again, I like the go for the jugular thinking, but sometimes you just have to know your opponent in that spot and yesterday we did not.

I dont think it was all Eli's fault. They were getting good presure on him, and Dallas was covering our WR's pretty good as well. He could have played better, but so could everyone else.

Is that your way of saying that flat footed Plax couldn't get open if his life depended on it? Heck I can't recall a catch by our WR besides that one by Toomer. It's no wonder Eli took 5 sacks... As opposed to throing INTs left and right.

Yeah we agree Eli didn't play great but to point the loss on him is outrageous. He played good enough to win. Our D was outplayed by Dallas' D and our WR were outplayed by Dallas'..

And yes I can point out the 2 calls being utter bullshit but that happens to every team every now and then.

We lost this game at the end of the 2nd quarter. When we took a 14-10 lead and then forced a punt to get the ball back with 2:45 we got way too pass happy. I like the idea that the coaches feel this team has the ability to turn a 14-10 lead into 17 or 21 -10 going into the half, but in reality the Dallas offense is too potent to give more chances to(which they wound up doing). A sack and incompletion allowed for too much time and of course Dallas scored. Give the offense credit for tying it up(thanks to a stupid Dallas penalty)but there is no way we should have relinquised the ball at that time. I would have been perfectly content with three Jacobs dives into the line, use clock and Dallas timeouts and punt it back to Dallas, with less than 2 minutes to go and no timeouts. Just silly coaching there. Again, I like the go for the jugular thinking, but sometimes you just have to know your opponent in that spot and yesterday we did not.

As always XXI, you're right.

1. No creditable deep threat. The entire game was played within 30 yards of the line of scrimmage. This resulted in Manning basically calling a game in a box with very limited options which lead to him burning the play clock three times trying to decide between a 20 yard out or a 20 yard seam route to Shockey...or a 15 yard slant to Plex or Toomer.

C. Wagon

I know what you mean chuck... but against the second best offense in the NFL that torched you for 40-some-odd points the last game, ball control is actually a pretty good way to go. I thought the game plan was solid: three yards and a cloud of dust, keep the ball outta their hands, and hope you're holding it with the game close with under two minutes to go.

Unfortunately, we just didn't get the job done.

You literally quoted an e-mail my dad sent me.

It was almost like the Bears game, where we couldn't go into halftime content and we had to call a timeout on third and 21, and essentially gave them seven.

I know what you mean chuck... but against the second best offense in the NFL that torched you for 40-some-odd points the last game, ball control is actually a pretty good way to go. I thought the game plan was solid: three yards and a cloud of dust, keep the ball outta their hands, and hope you're holding it with the game close with under two minutes to go.

Unfortunately, we just didn't get the job done.

Having the deep threat stretches the field... gets the players more chance to get open... It seems Eli had the cowboys all over him everytime the ball was snapped.