SportsWrath

Plax practiced today ....wow

UK-Giantsfan

He said his injured ankle "didn't necessarily feel better. It felt about the same."

Who is he bullshitting? How can your ankle not get better for weeks now? Shit there is a certain level of pain tolerance every person has..

I just think he likes it when people say he's playing injured. It's a fucking ankle injury... usually 3 days and you're good to go...

Thats bad news, the motherfucker plays like an ALL Pro when he only suits up on Sunday. Why fuck with success?

It's no rocket science really... It's amazing what rest can do for an athlete. I don't know if they practice on Fridays.. but I sure hope they don't or it's a walk thru. Besides, when you're 6 5", it's hard not to catch jump balls over 5 9" CBs.

I just think he likes it when people say he's playing injured. It's a fucking ankle injury... usually 3 days and you're good to go...

Ankles, especially high ankle sprains, are some of the most variable injuries out there. They can linger for six months sometimes, especially if there's ligament damage.

Ankles, especially high ankle sprains, are some of the most variable injuries out there. They can linger for six months sometimes, especially if there's ligament damage.

I've been injured before... As a matter of fact my jelly-like ankles are the most that got hurt. Just because there's a little bit of stiffness left it doesn't mean you're injured. Ijust don't buy the hype that much.. I say if you're able to run then you're not injured.

I had one from putting my foot down in a pot hole as I stopped at a stop light on my motorcycle. I tripped over...the bike fell on my ankle and a "lightning bolt" charged straight through my body as a result. To cut it short it was a high ankle sprain with ligament damage. I still limp on cold days....and this happened in '87. I say he should say fuck it to practice for the rest of the year.

I've been injured before... As a matter of fact my jelly-like ankles are the most that got hurt. Just because there's a little bit of stiffness left it doesn't mean you're injured. Ijust don't buy the hype that much.. I say if you're able to run then you're not injured.

Did you get quartazone injections before playing?

Who is he bullshitting? How can your ankle not get better for weeks now? Shit there is a certain level of pain tolerance every person has..

maybe you should call him and tell him your "in the army at 15 at 98 pounds" and the "I was the only one to survive maneuvers" stories to motivate him to elevate his game.

Did you get quartazone injections before playing?

No. Maybe I play injured and I have no problem with it. Maybe I have high pain tolerance... or when it comes to football, I don't care. I have been tackled from behind on a muddy field during one of our pick up games.. incidently his knee landed on my ankle and he and I heard a thud.

I was in pain but didn't think much of it. I hobbled to my car, grabbed some tape from the trunk and taped my ankle .. I used a lot of tape it looked like I was dragging weights with my leg... and went back to play. And after the game I went to the ER. I don't recall what the exact diagnosis was.. hairline fracture.. ligament damage.. whatever.. but the doctor was shocked to hear that I continued playing after the injury and that I was only brought to the ER after the game.

I don't know man.. I just think sometimes those injuries in the NFL are exaggerated.

Burress questionable for Dallas game

Associated Press, Updated 17 hours ago

STORY TOOLS:

print

send

blog LIKE THIS STORY?

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress did not practice Friday and was listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys.

Burress has not taken part in practice for most of the season while he contends with a nagging right ankle injury he sustained in training camp. He made a rare appearance on Wednesday but did not practice on Thursday.

"After any time he works he might be sore, but I don't think it will be an issue," Giants coach Tom Coughlin said Friday.

Despite the injury, Burress leads the Giants with 37 receptions and eight touchdowns this season.

Running back Derrick Ward also did not practice Friday and was listed as doubtful for Sunday's game with ankle and groin injuries.

The Giants announced Friday that they had extended fullback Madison Hedgecock's contract through the 2012 season. In eight games this season, the third-year pro has five catches for 38 yards.