SportsWrath

Marion Barber

Lubeck

Everytime I read something about this guy they always say he is underrated....if every single article lists him as being underrated is he REALLY underrated?

Just a pet peeve of mine. I am sure it has to do with the fact Jones starts and Barber comes in later but it seems odd that they ALL call him underrated.

Marion Barber was okay, but I hate his grandson.

I know what you mean about "under-rated". Extremely overused and often misused term. My personal least favorite term is "blockbuster". It's used to describe any hyped-up movie these days, and before it's released! A "blockbuster" means that people are lined up for longer than a block to see it. It can't be a "blockbuster" before it's released!

I'm gonna go take a shower...

Marion Barber was okay, but I hate his grandson.

I know what you mean about "under-rated". Extremely overused and often misused term. My personal least favorite term is "blockbuster". It's used to describe any hyped-up movie these days, and before it's released! A "blockbuster" means that people are lined up for longer than a block to see it. It can't be a "blockbuster" before it's released!

I'm gonna go take a shower...

:rolleyes:

People say that Jacobs will wear down with his physical running style. Barber runs 5 times as hard, how come that issue is never brought up?

Because Barber is quicker and more compact and tends to bounce off people and sometimes duck out of the way, if you watch closely. Jacobs is bigger and has a running style in which he tends to run over people to take more hits. He is also harder to bring down and, as a result, takes more hits.

People are right about Jacobs. He will not last unless he starts avoiding hits. Besides Bettis, they're are not too many running backs in the modern NFL with Jacobs' running style that have lasted a long time. The Giants would be better served to use Ward, in combination to Jacobs, when he is healthy.

And all this hate for Barber? Why? He is a competitive player who does not talk trash and shows up ever week. He should be respected, not hated.

You gotta be kidding? No one runs harder than BJ. Esp. not big head barber.

Barber runs very hard. You see his run against the Patriots? How about against the Vikings? I saw him take a complete pounding against the Bears but still play very well. I just wonder if he could play 16 games that way, that's all. He's a lot more physical then some people think.

I'll do you one further and hope they knock him outta the game. But I've gotta call a spade a spade... he's a really good back.

Personally, rather than knocking a player out of the game, I would hope that my defensive coaches are savy enough to devise a game plan to defend, or at least neutralize, that particular player. I would also hope that the players are talented enough to execute the game plan. Now, maybe you Giants fans are desperate enough to root for an injury. However, even if Marion goes down, keep in mind that you will most likely be unable to injure every good back you face. Thus, in time, you would pay the piper anyway...

Personally, rather than knocking a player out of the game, I would hope that my defensive coaches are savy enough to devise a game plan to defend, or at least neutralize, that particular player. I would also hope that the players are talented enough to execute the game plan. Now, maybe you Giants fans are desperate enough to root for an injury. However, even if Marion goes down, keep in mind that you will most likely be unable to injure every good back you face. Thus, in time, you would pay the piper anyway...

LOL!! Who comes after Jones? Romo? LMAO!!!