SportsWrath

Please, for the Love of God........

BronxRik

.........Forget the 'Fish & Chips', the 'Bangers and Mash'......Forget the media hype behind this game, and please, please, please...................just fucking destroy the 'Fins on international TV. Let Osi get a dozen sacks, Plax a six pack O' TD's, Jacobs & Droughns a combined 400+ rushing yards, just please, please, please DO NOT FUCK THIS GAME UP. Thank you and good night. :rock:

.........Forget the 'Fish & Chips', the 'Bangers and Mash'......Forget the media hype behind this game, and please, please, please...................just fucking destroy the 'Fins on international TV. Let Osi get a dozen sacks, Plax a six pack O' TD's, Jacobs & Droughns a combined 400+ rushing yards, just please, please, please DO NOT FUCK THIS GAME UP. Thank you and good night. :rock:

Fish and Chips are delicous.

Spoken like a true Giant fan. :rolleyes: These are the type of worries that we, as Gmen fans, usually have. It stinks. You have teams like the Cardinals who are called the "Cardiac Cards", and stuff like that. But Im sorry, we as Giant fans go thru worse. What happens when the Cards lose, you expect it. So not really so much a "Cardiac" moment. But the Ginats are infamous for losing trap games like this. I feel ya bro.

GO GIANTS!

That they are.

Boohyah...does Ireland have Corned Beef, do they eat it on St. Patrick's Day?

The answer is No!. And that's a very annoyed no, not at you Golfin, but in general.

In Ireland, it's Bacon and Cabbage, and that's a lump of salted cured bacon, not sliced. It's boiled in the pot with the cabbage and the meat is delicous. I don't like cabbage myself (as Newman said "vile weed").

What annoyes me about the whole "Corned Beef and Cabbage" deal is that someone in America felt this was a good idea and has convinced everyone in the country that most Irish people eat this all the time and that on St. patricks day that's all they eat. Got news for you, they don't, in fact the Irish themselves don't celebrate St. patricks day anywhere near the extent that Americans do, not even close, it's a national holiday and it's more a religous holiday.

I will say that Corned beef does exist in Ireland, but it's more of a type of cheap luncheon meat that you usually get at the deli or pre packaged and it's sliced. Sorry dude, but the whole corned beef and cabbage deal is a sore point for me.

The answer is No!. And that's a very annoyed no, not at you Golfin, but in general.

In Ireland, it's Bacon and Cabbage, and that's a lump of salted cured bacon, not sliced. It's boiled in the pot with the cabbage and the meat is delicous. I don't like cabbage myself (as Newman said "vile weed").

What annoyes me about the whole "Corned Beef and Cabbage" deal is that someone in America felt this was a good idea and has convinced everyone in the country that most Irish people eat this all the time and that on St. patricks day that's all they eat. Got news for you, they don't, in fact the Irish themselves don't celebrate St. patricks day anywhere near the extent that Americans do, not even close, it's a national holiday and it's more a religous holiday.

I will say that Corned beef does exist in Ireland, but it's more of a type of cheap luncheon meat that you usually get at the deli or pre packaged and it's sliced. Sorry dude, but the whole corned beef and cabbage deal is a sore point for me.

No corned beef and cabbage in Ireland??

Thats it, Im jumpin

Corned beef and cabbage isn't really an Irish dish? Well, is it true that they give pregnant mothers a Guinness IV in the Irish Hospitals, at least?

And by the by... bangers and mash is bloody delicious.

Yes, they get the "IG". Actually Guinness would be a good selection, it's a good builder upper.

No shit. It comes in a can, and it looks like Spam, but is much......um.....'chunkier', almost like our hash. Oh, and it tastes like f'ing dog food, it's horrible. And yes, I've eaten dog food, so I am qualified to make the comparison.

No shit. It comes in a can, and it looks like Spam, but is much......um.....'chunkier', almost like our hash. Oh, and it tastes like f'ing dog food, it's horrible. And yes, I've eaten dog food, so I am qualified to make the comparison.

Rik, we had that shit a lot, but we used to get it sliced. Didn;t make it taste better mind you,but I have to say there were plenty of days when it was between 2 slices of bread. Smelled and tasted awful.

Corned beef and cabbage is fuckin slamming! shits delicious.

Do they do Irish Car Bombs in Ireland/did they come from Ireland? Or is that something we Americans made up because all the alcohol in it is Irish?

Corned beef and cabbage is fuckin slamming! shits delicious.

Do they do Irish Car Bombs in Ireland/did they come from Ireland? Or is that something we Americans made up because all the alcohol in it is Irish?

Easy Storm, I said "some American".

I don't think the Irish car bomb was invented by someone in Ireland. The Irish Flag was.

I wouldn't say that Americans celebrate St. Patrick's Day, it's just used as a way to rationalize drinking like idiots. I guarantee the majority of Americans "celebrating" St. Patrick's Day couldn't tell you 2 things about him or why he's celebrated.

I wouldn't say that Americans celebrate St. Patrick's Day, it's just used as a way to rationalize drinking like idiots. I guarantee the majority of Americans "celebrating" St. Patrick's Day couldn't tell you 2 things about him or why he's celebrated.

The only thing I could tell you is he supposedly drove all the snakes out of Ireland. And yes I know this is supposed to be like an old wizes tail or sumtin.

I wiki'd St Patty several months ago, probly on St Patty's day. :P

The only thing I could tell you is he supposedly drove all the snakes out of Ireland. And yes I know this is supposed to be like an old wizes tail or sumtin.

I wiki'd St Patty several months ago, probly on St Patty's day. :P

HAHAHA...yeah, that is an old wive's tale.

Oh well, most Americans don't the reason for our holidays either. Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc. I would put money that most Americans, especially the younger ones, don't know the stories behind our holidays and why they are celebrated on the days they are.

HAHAHA...yeah, that is an old wive's tale.

Oh well, most Americans don't the reason for our holidays either. Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc. I would put money that most Americans, especially the younger ones, don't know the stories behind our holidays and why they are celebrated on the days they are.

I bet you they do...I learned that shit in like preschool.

I bet you they do...I learned that shit in like preschool.

You know why Christmas is on the Dec 25th and not when Jesus was really born? And you also know why Easter is on a different day every year? And why halloween in on the 31st of October?

They are all three of them Pagan holidays. Christmas and Easter were adopted by the Christian religion to help convert pagans to Christianity.

The first recorded Christian thanksgiving in America occurred in Texas on May 23, 1541, almost 100 years before the Pilgrims.

Halloween is on October 31st because in the seventh century AD, the church moved its All Saints' Day, a holiday for honoring early Christian martyrs, from a day in May to November 1, thus associating it with the old Druid death rituals of October 31. Why did they do that? You guessed it, to try to convert the Celts that the Romans had just conquered.

They taught you all of this in pre-school did they?

I'm not anti-Christian or anything, I just think people should know the real history behind holidays and traditions. Not to discredit the holiday, but just so they know the truth. This country is so full of people who just "go along with the crowd." Sometimes I think we are afraid of knowledge and truth.

Sorry I'm going off on a rant....I'll stop...haha.

You know why Christmas is on the Dec 25th and not when Jesus was really born? And you also know why Easter is on a different day every year? And why halloween in on the 31st of October?

They are all three of them Pagan holidays. Christmas and Easter were adopted by the Christian religion to help convert pagans to Christianity.

The first recorded Christian thanksgiving in America occurred in Texas on May 23, 1541, almost 100 years before the Pilgrims.

Halloween is on October 31st because in the seventh century AD, the church moved its All Saints' Day, a holiday for honoring early Christian martyrs, from a day in May to November 1, thus associating it with the old Druid death rituals of October 31. Why did they do that? You guessed it, to try to convert the Celts that the Romans had just conquered.

I'm not anti-Christian or anything, I just think people should know the real history behind holidays and traditions. Not to discredit the holiday, but just so they know the truth. This country is so full of people who just "go along with the crowd." Sometimes I think we are afraid of knowledge and truth.

Word yo. I don't understand how so many people think someone can have a kid

in less than three weeks with the Immaculate Conception. On a side note when I was in

6th grade I put down the "Immaculate Reception" on a religion test and go lambasted

for it. Easter isn't on a different day every year though, Easter is always on a Sunday dude.

Somebody's been subscribing to Dan Brown's blog.

Word yo. I don't understand how so many people think someone can have a kid

in less than three weeks with the Immaculate Conception. On a side note when I was in

6th grade I put down the "Immaculate Reception" on a religion test and go lambasted

for it. Easter isn't on a different day every year though, Easter is always on a Sunday dude.

I should have said different date. Easter is actually a pagan fertility holiday, hence the bunnies and the eggs.

The whole "driving the snakes out of Ireland" refers not to actual snakes, but to Saint Patrick (who was a missionary) converting the Irish locals when he came there and getting rid of the Pagan religions... "driving out the snake (Satan)."

I should have said different date. Easter is actually a pagan fertility holiday, hence the bunnies and the eggs.

That's actually not true either. Think about it; eggs come in a dozen, and there are twelve eggs... just like there are twelve apostles. One egg in the dozen is almost always cracked... the JUDAS EGG. The eggs are colored and hidden to represent the different attitudes of each apostle, and there spreading the word of God to the corners of the world after Jesus' death and resurrection.

OK, I just made that last part up. But the first part is true. :)

You, sir, are an idiot.

Bunnies are fake, eggs aren't.

What I was told is that when Simon of Cyrene helped Jesus carry the cross

the next day eggs were placed in his house and were beautiful colors.