SportsWrath

The "Eli is not Peyton" Monday Night Football review

boohyah

We won on Monday Night Football. Monday Night Football officially rules!!! :rock::rock:

But it was such a dud of a game IMO. Not on our end but Jeez the Falcons blow. And although Harrongton is not a great QB, you have to feel sorry for the guy, because his wide receivers suck so much. Anybody on here who complains about Shockey and Burress dropping passing from now on, should preface it by saying "at least they are not the Atlanta Falcons wideouts".

As much as we may wig out about the long TD run last night, with this defense we play, we can only hope that teams don't burn us and that we contain them as much as possible, but sometimes we are going to see what happened last night happen against us, and we can only hope it doesn't happen frequently. The Falcons gave Harrington some more help against the rush and did a decent job keeping it to 4 sacks. But that also has something to do with Harrington running a short field offense to cut down on his errors, he gets rid of the ball quicker. That said, Jerry Reese has some decision to make in the off season regarding the line, because you know he's got to be still stinging about Strahan holding out and not wanting to do that again,now that he has a book coming out, and the fact that Strahan right now out of 4 defensive ends, ranks fourth. (I said at the beginning of the season, he was still the best defensive end on the team, but I'm wrong). I'm not sure when Tuck becomes a free agent, but Reese may want to lock him up at the end of the year if he keeps this up. It's not the sack from last night, Tuck plays hard and he's been asked to do it out of position and still does it. Assuming the Giants cancel the Kiwi experiment in the offseason ( I hope so), and move him back, I seriously see Stray gone next year.

Aaron Ross is still a rookie and still makes plays like one, but there's been a difference since he became a starter, we may have a keeper if he continues to improve. James Butler slowed up in his persuit of Roddy White on the 39 yard gain once he looked up and saw he was about to be picked off, he should be called out for that, because he should have tried to stop him earlier. Everyone else did a good job overall.

Forget the completion rates and the big throws with Eli, the biggest improvement has been his poise. His leadership skills are much improved and he's starting to be the main focus on the team. I still want to give him till game 9-16 to start seeing his overall improvement, but even in the earlier games in previous seasons, he hasn't been like this. The first quarter last night was about as good as it gets with Eli and that's why it kills us so much when he screws up. His passes were dead on, and the ones that weren't caught were mainly the receivers fault or good coverage (D'angelo Hall is a braggard, but he seems to have some good coverage skills). Our running game last night was around 200 yards, and it was good to see Droughans run hard when he got his carries. I swear, the trade for Carter was worth it if only for one play on Special teams play, where he got hit on the return and stood up and then just swatted the guy away, classic!!. Jacobs churned out the hard yards and Ward got the short end of the stick but at least got a TD.

Congrats to Amani for the record, I'm sure Giants fans are happy to see Tiki's name come off one of the records he set. Toomer has the ability if he keeps himself in shape of playing for 3-4 years at a top level if he keeps this up because he's in great shape and runs great routes. Plax IMO is on pro bowl pace and another great TD catch last night. Shockey did well last night also. Did anyone see how pissed Eli was when Matthews dropped that out route, because fact is, Eli's has had trouble making that pass in the past, but not this year.

Special teams had a okay night, but shit, could Tynes have hooked that extra point any further and still got it in between the uprights. That fucker will cost us a game down the stretch, to me he's a lazy kicker.

Coughlin did a decent job letting his team play and keeping his poise, it's a side of him the he needs to keep showing because he comes off as a goof too many times when they get up close with the camera. You may think that's not a big deal, I think it is, he's the face of the franchise and if he looks like he's out of control, the team will follow suit. That said, 21-10 up in the Parcells era, we're running the ball, this era, we're passing it still. To me it's just too risky, especially after the Titans debacle, you'd think we'd scale it down some.

Lastly, how bad is it when the TV schedule comes out these days, we are hoping not to be on Monday Night Football, or at least I am. Good grief, even with Jaws in there now, the analysis is slightly better but overall it sucks. Kronheiser is a fucking joke, if you got rid of him tomorrow, you'd lose zero. He's only interested in being a Dennis Miller type and that's all, he's not interested in making the broadcast better. You could replace Tirico with a crash test dummy and get the same results. And kudos to the shitheads at ESPN who thought it would be a good idea to bring on Jimmy Kimmel to absolutely kill the game stone dead. This is the guy who has the one schtick for everything he does, so was it any surprise to see him take a shit on the broadcast like he did.

Trap game coming up. 49ers are not living up to expectations, however I fear the Gore.

Good analysis but I have to kind of disagree with one thing. Tynes scares the crap out of me and I assume almost everyone here. I am not going to fault him on the extra point because the laces were in front instead of being back on the snap and the snap wasn't that great. Every single one of Tynes bad kicks has been a bad snap except the week against the Eagles.

The snaps have been very average. Eli's throwing fucking lasers out there, very impressive. If only he could drop the couple of stupid passes for INTS each week. The first one was into quadruple coverage, just retarded. The second was just underthrown and a good play by Hall.

I love Ward's contact position, but he wasn't seeing the holes very well last night. Good to see Brandon back and rumbling.

Why was McQuarters fair-catching EVERY punt, even when he was free and clear? Obviously a coaching decision...but why?

Props to the Falcons rookie Tackles, they held up very well for their first NFL game. As agreed I'll lose The Spagatar for this week as we failed to reach the 10+ sack/INT/FF goal.

Excellent anlysis boohyah. I agree completely.. my comments below:

Did anyone see how pissed Eli was when Matthews dropped that out route, because fact is, Eli's has had trouble making that pass in the past, but not this year.

That pass, I believe, would've been the 13th cosective completion... I don't blame Eli for getting pissed.

Special teams had a okay night, but shit, could Tynes have hooked that extra point any further and still got it in between the uprights. That fucker will cost us a game down the stretch, to me he's a lazy kicker.

The laces were facing the kicker. It was a bad hold.

Excellent anlysis boohyah. I agree completely.. my comments below:

That pass, I believe, would've been the 13th cosective completion... I don't blame Eli for getting pissed.

The laces were facing the kicker. It was a bad hold.

So you don't agree with me completely...................ASSHOLE!!! :furious:

Droughns was a fantastic trade because he is money on short yardage. This is great so that Jacobs can rest.

Also good to see that Giants well against a team that should have been beaten and hopefully the same thing happens next week.

Theisman was on off the record (a TSN show) and they had one of these 10 question things and asked him about Kronheiser commentating. He said something to the affect of abysmal. I got a laugh because it's like the pot calling the kettle black. Theisman seemed like a nice enough guy though and even remembered events from his CFL days.

The snaps have been very average. Eli's throwing fucking lasers out there, very impressive. If only he could drop the couple of stupid passes for INTS each week. The first one was into quadruple coverage, just retarded. The second was just underthrown and a good play by Hall.

I love Ward's contact position, but he wasn't seeing the holes very well last night. Good to see Brandon back and rumbling.

Why was McQuarters fair-catching EVERY punt, even when he was free and clear? Obviously a coaching decision...but why?

Props to the Falcons rookie Tackles, they held up very well for their first NFL game. As agreed I'll lose The Spagatar for this week as we failed to reach the 10+ sack/INT/FF goal.

Yah, about McQuarters, there was one time a Giant blocker very obviously had the Falcons winger blocked and was pushing him behind RW, and no one else was around for a good 10 yards and RW waves fair catch. So lame...we need an offensive minded player back there returning punts. Sinorice Moss wouldnt be a bad idea.

Ron Jaworski's talent is wasted in the booth with those 2. When Kornheiser put on his ELI mask and talked about Strahans book he said something along the lines of Strahan criticizing ELI's leadership as well. Now we know Tiki did this, but Strahan in no way EVER either in his book or in the media ever did this, yet Tony referred to this as happening. Now we all know the truth, but some Goober sitting on his couch in bumfuck America who knows nothing about the Giants now probably thinks that Strahan too criticized ELI.

ESPN has become such a Circus, Its also amazing how dumb Emmitt SMith is.

Ron Jaworski's talent is wasted in the booth with those 2. When Kornheiser put on his ELI mask and talked about Strahans book he said something along the lines of Strahan criticizing ELI's leadership as well. Now we know Tiki did this, but Strahan in no way EVER either in his book or in the media ever did this, yet Tony referred to this as happening. Now we all know the truth, but some Goober sitting on his couch in bumfuck America who knows nothing about the Giants now probably thinks that Strahan too criticized ELI.

I must say the Eli face mask thing was stupid. Also having PTI during halftime is very lame (I guess if you can't think of anything then just recycle). :TD:

It's bad when Theismann calls them out.

That Goober, is probably a dallas cowboys fan, which means they don't count.

Theisman was on off the record (a TSN show) and they had one of these 10 question things and asked him about Kronheiser commentating. He said something to the affect of abysmal. I got a laugh because it's like the pot calling the kettle black. Theisman seemed like a nice enough guy though and even remembered events from his CFL days.

Did you hear Kimmel joking about Theisman's leg?

Yah, about McQuarters, there was one time a Giant blocker very obviously had the Falcons winger blocked and was pushing him behind RW, and no one else was around for a good 10 yards and RW waves fair catch. So lame...we need an offensive minded player back there returning punts. Sinorice Moss wouldnt be a bad idea.

Moss had the chance to win the PR position in camp but hasn't been used in a game. I think we can assume he sucked. Pity.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tyree get a shot, but again, why not out of camp?

Did you hear Kimmel joking about Theisman's leg?

Yeah what a douche. The guest "celebrity" announcing shtick is stupid and should be stopped. Most the time they just ramble on incoherently. On Off the Record they asked him about the hit and he said he's seen it once and he never wants to watch it again; apparently LT has never watched it.

Yeah what a douche. The guest "celebrity" announcing shtick is stupid and should be stopped. Most the time they just ramble on incoherently. On Off the Record they asked him about the hit and he said he's seen it once and he never wants to watch it again; apparently LT has never watched it.

All of it needs to go. Just show the damn game.