SportsWrath

POWER RANKINGS 10/9

jerseygiantfan

Top 10 baby!!! Now were talking!

Because of last nites game, I will finally give the cowboys a little respect. Although that win was more the Bills suckin than anything, they still pulled it out. But they now have us ahead of Wash. Thats more like it.

Because of last nites game, I will finally give the cowboys a little respect. Although that win was more the Bills suckin than anything, they still pulled it out. But they now have us ahead of Wash. Thats more like it.

I didn't watch the game but I can't believe Bills put up that much of a fight, it was a close game.

Yeah, the Cardinals and the team we dominated in the second half deserve to be in front of us :confused:

Eh, it sounds about right to me. Until we start playing more consistant football on all 3 phases of the game. Then you can put us as a top 10 team...

Eh, it sounds about right to me. Until we start playing more consistant football on all 3 phases of the game. Then you can put us as a top 10 team...

The Dog likes your honesty...personally speaking, the power rankings really are quite silly in general, whereever your team of choice may fall...too muc time getting all worked up over them is inane and wasteful of one's good time...

The Dog likes your honesty...personally speaking, the power rankings really are quite silly in general, whereever your team of choice may fall...too muc time getting all worked up over them is inane and wasteful of one's good time...

And like clockwork, every week, power ranking get posted, Giants fan comment, and the dog wastes his time by explaining to us how we're wasting our time. :rolleyes:

Call me crazy, but I don't think the Cards have been playing all that consistently on all 3 phases of the game.

Good team, but we are better.

Where are we ranked in penalties right now? IMO, that's a huge reason why we've won 3 straight. We've stayed in games and haven't killed ourselves with dumb penalties. Last year we stay in games, make a dumb penalty, and lose by a little.

The Blue cant help but notice that whenever a Giant fan gets excited its a waste of time, but when someone doesnt, you like thier honesty. :rolleyes: Yet you cant name your team. Whats that called again???

Oh yeah, Chicken Shit.

Call me crazy, but I don't think the Cards have been playing all that consistently on all 3 phases of the game.

Good team, but we are better.

Which is why they're not a top ten team. And they're probably ranked higher than us because they beat Pittsburg, who is ranked 4. And we beat the Redskins, who is ranked 8. So its really not a big deal...The point is, lets worry about playing more consitant football and everything will fall into place by the end of the year. I guarantee you, the moment the Offense, Defense and Special Teams collectively perform in a high and consistant level, we will get the respect you think we should get. Until then, we are right where we belong.... In the middle of the pack.

Where are we ranked in penalties right now? IMO, that's a huge reason why we've won 3 straight. We've stayed in games and haven't killed ourselves with dumb penalties. Last year we stay in games, make a dumb penalty, and lose by a little.

Oh great, so we have less penalties than last year. (Which I'm happy to hear) But now we are finding other ways to shoot ourselves in the foot. Do you realize the offense gave up 10 points and the Special Team surrendered another 7 for a total of 17 points against the 1-4 Jets? Can you honestly tell me that we are playing good football?

Which is why they're not a top ten team. And they're probably ranked higher than us because they beat Pittsburg, who is ranked 4. And we beat the Redskins, who is ranked 8. So its really not a big deal...The point is, lets worry about playing more consitant football and everything will fall into place by the end of the year. I guarantee you, the moment the Offense, Defense and Special Teams collectively perform in a high and consistant level, we will get the respect you think we should get. Until then, we are right where we belong.... In the middle of the pack.

Oh great, so we have less penalties than last year. (Which I'm happy to hear) But now we are finding other ways to shoot ourselves in the foot. Do you realize the offense gave up 10 points and the Special Team surrendered another 7 for a total of 17 points against the 1-4 Jets? Can you honestly tell me that we are playing good football?

Well, Nem, I consider that GOOD football is finding ways to win. GREAT football is winning and not NEEDING to find a way to win. We are playing good football because we are finding ways to win. The Patriots are playing great football.

Well, Nem, I consider that GOOD football is finding ways to win. GREAT football is winning and not NEEDING to find a way to win. We are playing good football because we are finding ways to win. The Patriots are playing great football.

I would agree with you. However, with the amount of talent this team has, they shouldn't be "finding" ways to win. They should be dominating most of their games....

I would agree with you. However, with the amount of talent this team has, they shouldn't be "finding" ways to win. They should be dominating most of their games....

Unfortunately very few teams that are good on paper excel like they should. This is just the Giants way and I think most have us have just learned to live with it. If the O plays great then the D stinks it up (Dallas game) and if the D plays great then the O stinks it up (Eagles game) and if both the O and D play great then ST stinks it up. <_<

The Giants will of course dominate a game or 2 this year and we will all get hope. The Giants will then of course lose to SF or MIA.

I feel quite the opposite. I feel the cowboys are more lucky than good. During the shootout with us, we were neck 'n neck with them. Lucky then it was our first game of the season and the defense didn't have it together then.

Who have they beat? Miami? the Rams? Buffalo?

Come on now, let ESPN build them up. I feel we're better than the cowboys and that's not just the Giants fan in me talking.

I feel quite the opposite. I feel the cowboys are more lucky than good. During the shootout with us, we were neck 'n neck with them. Lucky then it was our first game of the season and the defense didn't have it together then.

Who have they beat? Miami? the Rams? Buffalo?

Come on now, let ESPN build them up. I feel we're better than the cowboys and that's not just the Giants fan in me talking.

HA HA HA...You people love to fall back on the "who have they played" argument...You can say that with almost any team, including the Giants...

What's even more laughable is that "our defense wasn't together" excuse. The same could be said about the Cowboys. Openng night, they were missing they're best DB (and best defensive player), they're best pass rusher, they're nose tackle, a key LB, all the while trying to implement a new defensive scheme. And Tank will be an upgrade over what they have now.

Not to mention the Cowboys have played the entire season without their best WR.

And you can say the Eagles offense "wasn't together" two weeks ago because of injuries...

Excuses, excuses, excuses...Same old story, different year... :o

Making a dumb penalty is just as bad as a turnover in some cases. There were probably a million times last year where we were driving and had momentum and then were called for a holding penalty to make it second and 20 and killing the drive.

Think, what if there was a holding on madison hedgecock's 6 yard catch? It would have been 1st and 20 by Plaxico's play, and who knows what wouldve happened from there.

Keeping dumb penalties at a minimum are huge.

HA HA HA...You people love to fall back on the "who have they played" argument...You can say that with almost any team, including the Giants...

13-10 is the combined record, a little bit better then 6-19 for you guys.

Making a dumb penalty is just as bad as a turnover in some cases. There were probably a million times last year where we were driving and had momentum and then were called for a holding penalty to make it second and 20 and killing the drive.

Think, what if there was a holding on madison hedgecock's 6 yard catch? It would have been 1st and 20 by Plaxico's play, and who knows what wouldve happened from there.

Keeping dumb penalties at a minimum are huge.

13-10 is the combined record, a little bit better then 6-19 for you guys.

Oh good lord, NOW I"VE HEAD IT ALL!!!!! Five (5) of those wins in the combined record stat are because the COWBOYS ARE 5-0!!!! :doh:

And one of those wins was against the Giants!!!

Unfortunately very few teams that are good on paper excel like they should. This is just the Giants way and I think most have us have just learned to live with it. If the O plays great then the D stinks it up (Dallas game) and if the D plays great then the O stinks it up (Eagles game) and if both the O and D play great then ST stinks it up. <_>

The Giants will of course dominate a game or 2 this year and we will all get hope. The Giants will then of course lose to SF or MIA.

But that's my point...We shouldn't have to. Not with the talent we have on our team.

gateb, there's nothing to think about. I agree with you 100%. But what I'm trying to say to you is, now instead of commiting stupid penalties to kill drives...We are now comminting costly turnovers. Now I'll ask you, do you think we are play like a top ten team?

gateb, there's nothing to think about. I agree with you 100%. But what I'm trying to say to you is, now instead of commiting stupid penalties to kill drives...We are now comminting costly turnovers. Now I'll ask you, do you think we are play like a top ten team?

Yes, but that is because aside from the top 2 teams (IND, NE) no other team has dominated every game they have played. Being a top 10 team this year does not translate to being an elite team. AGS.

Speaking of penalties, there is one penalty in particular that I don't think we have committed yet, or at least not to any significant degree like we have in the past. Any guesses?

What's even more laughable is that "our defense wasn't together" excuse. The same could be said about the Cowboys. Openng night, they were missing they're best DB (and best defensive player), they're best pass rusher, they're nose tackle, a key LB, all the while trying to implement a new defensive scheme. And Tank will be an upgrade over what they have now.

And you can say the Eagles offense "wasn't together" two weeks ago because of injuries...

I coulda swore T.O. has been playing...... :rolleyes:

[/i]

Oh good lord, NOW I"VE HEAD IT ALL!!!!! Five (5) of those wins in the combined record stat are because the COWBOYS ARE 5-0!!!! :doh:

And one of those wins was against the Giants!!!

To be truthful, the Dog thinks that if this is a comparison that people want to make, then you have to look at the combined records of the teams they have beaten...and not even the Patriots by that rationale have beaten anyone as of yet...the cowboys are 5-0 vs. a combined 6-19...the giants are 3-2 vs a combined 5-8...doesn't mean much to the Dog, except that they are beating the teams they should beat, and losing (in this case the Giants have the only losses between the two teams) to teams that are quality...zzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

I didn't say the cowboys suck. I just feel they're widely over-rated. As they've been more lucky than good.

I whole-heartedly believe the Giants are better than the Cowboys... hands down. Sure we completely sucked the first 2 games of the season but I'm glad we got it together.

Baddegg

Actually, no you can't. The Cowboys have played opponents with a combined record of 4-19. The Giants have played opponents with a record of 13-6.

Best pass rucker? I thought Ware was in the game?

Simply not true, Glenn is a fine WR, but he is NOT a better WR than Ownes.

Yes you can, but even without westbrook and their LT, that doesn't account for 12 sacks. And you could also say our offense wasn't together when we lost our best RB in the first quarter of the first game.

Football is all about excuses, we'll see how things go as the season progresses and the Cowboys come back to earth.