SportsWrath

POWER RANKINGS 10/9

jerseygiantfan

Baddegg

Actually, no you can't. The Cowboys have played opponents with a combined record of 4-19. The Giants have played opponents with a record of 13-6.

HERE WE GO AGAIN! The Giants opponents have 13 wins.

THE COWBOYS WITH 5 ACCOUNT FOR NEARLY HALF OF THEM! AND THE PACKERS MOST OF THE REST. AND THE GIANTS LOST TO BOTH! :o

THE COWBOYS WITH 5 ACCOUNT FOR NEARLY HALF OF THEM! AND THE PACKERS MOST OF THE REST. AND THE GIANTS LOST TO BOTH! :o

Again, your the one saying you can use that argument for any team, when you can't. The fact that the Giants lost to 2 very good teams and the Boys beat 4 teams that are not very good. I'm not using the record of opponents to argue my case that the Giants are better or anything, just correcting your incorrect argument.

You know what? Youre right, but it dont mean diddly. Listen to an older vet. You dont start judging a team till at least, week 4. Starting outta the gate can be rusty for some sometimes. but by week 6, you should know what a teams made of.

You know what? Youre right, but it dont mean diddly. Listen to an older vet. You dont start judging a team till at least, week 4. Starting outta the gate can be rusty for some sometimes. but by week 6, you should know what a teams made of.

No he's not dude, VG is right. Read his last post.

Again, your the one saying you can use that argument for any team, when you can't. The fact that the Giants lost to 2 very good teams and the Boys beat 4 teams that are not very good. I'm not using the record of opponents to argue my case that the Giants are better or anything, just correcting your incorrect argument.

Interesting argument VG. On one hand, the Cowboys aren't very good and are overrated because they haven't beat a good team. On the other hand, the Giants have lost to "2 very good teams", the Cowboys being one of them... :huh:

Interesting argument VG. On one hand, the Cowboys aren't very good and are overrated because they haven't beat a good team. On the other hand, the Giants have lost to "2 very good teams", the Cowboys being one of them... :huh:

The Cowboys have to be considered one of the best, simply due to being undefeated and having the luxury of playing us before our D got its shit together. Thyere not, but theyre undefeated. You have to give credit where credit is due. But they will be exposed as the year goes on.

I believe he was saying we lost to you and the Packers, the two good teams we've faced. The Cowboys have played like no one with a winning record besides us...doesn't mean they are overated, means they are better than us at this point.

When did I say the Cowboys were not a good team? When did I say they were overrated because of who they beat? Very good teams beat teams they should beat, which is what the Cowboys have done.

You're assuming I am using the teams you have played as an example to why the Cowboys are overrated, I am not. You are the one who said you can use the strength of schedule argument to dismiss any teams win/loss record, when you just can't. The Cowboys are a very good team that beat 5 teams that they are better than

The Giants are a decent team that lost to two teams that were better than them, beat 1 team that might actually be better than us, and beat two teams that we are better than.

I do think the Cowboys are overrated, not because of who they have beat, because they are better than those teams, but because the media seems content to skip the rest of the season and put the Boys in the super bowl vs the Pats.

But that's my point...We shouldn't have to. Not with the talent we have on our team.

gateb, there's nothing to think about. I agree with you 100%. But what I'm trying to say to you is, now instead of commiting stupid penalties to kill drives...We are now comminting costly turnovers. Now I'll ask you, do you think we are play like a top ten team?

To be honest, I think the list goes.

1. Pats

2. Colts

3. Steelers

4. NFC's best team (Cowboys... Packers)

5-20. teams in the same boat.

There are a lot of teams that underachieve with a lot of talent. There are some teams that overachieve with little talent. Every team is beatable, and every game is winnable. What allows teams to obtain that 11-5 record is keeping dumb mistakes at a minimum, whether it be a penalty or stupid fumbles/INTs. There are going to be those mistakes, but you can't let them happen a lot.

I don't think there is any concencus top 10 list following #5. Parity has created a lot of teams on the same level.

When did I say the Cowboys were not a good team? When did I say they were overrated because of who they beat?

For the record I'm the one made this argument. I believe the boys are not as "powerful" as the rankings suggest. The love affair between ESPN and the boys is pathetic to say the least. I whole-heartedly believe the Giants are better than the boys.. hands down.

To be honest, I think the list goes.

1. Pats

2. Colts

3. Steelers

4. NFC's best team (Cowboys... Packers)

5-20. teams in the same boat.

There are a lot of teams that underachieve with a lot of talent. There are some teams that overachieve with little talent. Every team is beatable, and every game is winnable. What allows teams to obtain that 11-5 record is keeping dumb mistakes at a minimum, whether it be a penalty or stupid fumbles/INTs. There are going to be those mistakes, but you can't let them happen a lot.

I don't think there is any concencus top 10 list following #5. Parity has created a lot of teams on the same level.

Besides the Colts and the Pats, I can't think of any team worthy of the 3rd spot and beyond... My bias tells me the the Giants are better than the boys and the Packers... and chances are I'm right.

Besides the Colts and the Pats, I can't think of any team worthy of the 3rd spot and beyond... My bias tells me the the Giants are better than the boys and the Packers... and chances are I'm right.

But so far, both teams have proven you wrong.

But so far, both teams have proven you wrong.

The bosy are average at best.

Our defense in the first 2 weeks was an eye-sore. We got it together afterwards. I can say that over the past 3 weeks, the Giants are the best team in the NFC.