SportsWrath

DESPITE THE RECENT PROBLEMS IN THE BIG EASY...

BadEgg

Last season, as the Saints were dismantling the Cowboys, I couldn't help to think that the wrong Cowboys coach went to New Orleans and that the Big Tuna should have been in the Big Easy and Jerry should have kept Peyton.

But you guys had Peyton first and he took your team apart as well. So what do you think of Peyton? Do you regret that the Giants let him go and didn't make an effort to get him back before he went to NO?

Or is he overrated?

I can never overrate someone who pretty much gave the Giants their first

every offense. I always liked his system, but New Orleans got lucky last year.

The only way they make the playoffs this year is if they get another catastrophic

hurricane. :ph34r:

One year after Payton gave us our offense as you say, he came back the following year and had a stinker and Fassel had to take over the reigns.

I think he's overated. They got Drew Brees, Deuce McAllister and got lucky with Colston..........or and yes, had Reggie Bush gift wrapped.

I concur, 1 good year and the Saints will be back to being the Saints. Looks like the Lions may be the Saints of last year. Even a broken clock is right once a day.

I think he's overated. They got Drew Brees, Deuce McAllister and got lucky with Colston..........or and yes, had Reggie Bush gift wrapped.

I'm not ready to put Peyton in the Hall of Fame, but doesn't he deserve some credit for bringing in Brees, drafting and using Colston, as well as designing an offense and calling plays that recognize the potential of all of these players?

Ironically, one of the reasons they are losing is because he is not using his talent properly this season. I also think that losing Horn is hurting them. But I don't know if Peyton can be called a bust already.

I'm not ready to put Peyton in the Hall of Fame, but doesn't he deserve some credit for bringing in Brees, drafting and using Colston, as well as designing an offense and calling plays that recognize the potential of all of these players?

Ironically, one of the reasons they are losing is because he is not using his talent properly this season. I also think that losing Horn is hurting them. But I don't know if Peyton can be called a bust already.

Horn leaving wasn't much of a factor, down the stretch last year he barely played.

Horn leaving wasn't much of a factor, down the stretch last year he barely played.

I know he was injured near the end and I can't recall exactly how much he played. But I think he did play injured some games and, when he was on the field, even injured, you had to account for him. This took some of the heat off Colsten. I guess what I am saying is I don't know if Colsten is ready to be a #1 receiver full time.

Last season, as the Saints were dismantling the Cowboys, I couldn't help to think that the wrong Cowboys coach went to New Orleans and that the Big Tuna should have been in the Big Easy and Jerry should have kept Peyton.

But you guys had Peyton first and he took your team apart as well. So what do you think of Peyton? Do you regret that the Giants let him go and didn't make an effort to get him back before he went to NO?

Or is he overrated?

Between him and John Fox, yes, I think we regret letting them go.

Between him and John Fox, yes, I think we regret letting them go.

I forgot about Fox. What is unbelievable is that I think they held onto Fassel and let these guys go. But I guess they had to at the time. Who knows, if Carolina misses the playoffs you may get another shot at Fox.

I forgot about Fox. What is unbelievable is that I think they held onto Fassel and let these guys go. But I guess they had to at the time. Who knows, if Carolina misses the playoffs you may get another shot at Fox.

fox just signed a 5 year extension prior to last season and the owner loves him.

it's not like we fired these guys, they got better job opportunities with other teams

I dont regret all that much for letting him go. He was given a lot of super players in expert positions, thanks to the brilliance of the Chargers and Texans and a good draft. But in anycase, the person Im thinking of right now that we should be regretting is John Fox. With a non-existant defense, I cant think of much else.