SportsWrath

To: Tiki

jranieli

:clap:

"I guess I'm just happy for Tiki that he's making a smooth transition into the media world. It'll be interesting to see if he has anything else to say (about anything) besides the Giants and what his comments will be on that. It's one of those deals; I'm not going to lose any sleep (over) what Tiki has to say. I guess I could have questioned his leadership skills last year with calling out the coach and having articles about him retiring in the middle of the season and (how) he's lost the heart. As a quarterback, you're reading your running back has lost the heart to play the game and it's about the 10th week. Well, I could see that a little bit at times. But I'm not going to get concerned and I'm going to go out there and play ball.

"It's just one of those deals. The guy goes to the media and he's got to say stuff. He's been put in a situation where he's got to talk. That's just the way it is. That's the world we live in and you have to deal with it."

That's what you must believe. You have no choice, after selling the farm to SD.

Last I checked San Diego has won as many playoff games as the Giants

during this span. I can take comfort in the fact that the Giants don't have

a cheating linebacker.

Last I checked San Diego has won as many playoff games as the Giants

during this span. I can take comfort in the fact that the Giants don't have

a cheating linebacker.

C'mon, Golfingkid. Our differences aside. I wouldn't take any comfort in that. I am as big a Cowboys fan as anyone, but if the NFL cracks down, I think the performance enhancing substances will be found outside of Sandiego...

C'mon, Golfingkid. Our differences aside. I wouldn't take any comfort in that. I am as big a Cowboys fan as anyone, but if the NFL cracks down, I think the performance enhancing substances will be found outside of Sandiego...

While you may be right, the fact is that he got caught with his hand in the

cookie jar. All of his performances in the past and future will be subject to

scrutiny. How the NFL let him play in the probowl is insane.

I would say the NFL has the best drug testing policy in all major sports

and it will only get tougher with Goddell calling the shots.

I think it was yesterdays Ledger that had the dissection of Tikis comments on Eli so I'll return the favor here.

Eli Said: I guess I'm just happy for Tiki that he's making a smooth transition into the media world.

Eli Meant: I guess Tiki has truly found his place in the media backstabbing all those who helped him get to where he is.

Eli Said: It'll be interesting to see if he has anything else to say (about anything) besides the Giants and what his comments will be on that.

Eli Meant: Tiki may make great headlines and commentary when trashing his former team but when is he going to step up and be a REAL analyst?

Eli Said: It's one of those deals; I'm not going to lose any sleep (over) what Tiki has to say.

Eli Meant: Tiki abandoned his team midseason, why should I care about the opinion of someone like that?

Eli Said: I guess I could have questioned his leadership skills last year with calling out the coach and having articles about him retiring in the middle of the season and (how) he's lost the heart.

Eli Meant: Well no need to explain he flat out tore Tiki a new one with that sentence.

Eli Said: As a quarterback, you're reading your running back has lost the heart to play the game and it's about the 10th week.

Eli Meant: By week 10 Tikis mind was already in some TV studio, and anything he did thereafter was about that and that alone. Any individual performances he did were about cementing his image, not about helping the team.

Eli Said: It's just one of those deals. The guy goes to the media and he's got to say stuff. He's been put in a situation where he's got to talk. That's just the way it is. That's the world we live in and you have to deal with it.

Eli Meant: Tiki spent his entire career in the NY media and they trained him well.

I heard this on The Afternoon Blitz today and was cheering. Then Adam Schein (a Giants fan) said Eli was "way out of line" by questioning Tiki's heart.

Uh... note to Adam... Eli was paraphrasing. TIKI questioned Tiki's heart.

I LOVE these new signs of life from our starting QB. Good for Eli, and I agree with him 100% Now if we could get Strahan and Plax to shut the hell up we might be able to see our team go back to playing football games.

Eli Said: As a quarterback, you're reading your running back has lost the heart to play the game and it's about the 10th week.

Eli Meant: By week 10 Tikis mind was already in some TV studio, and anything he did thereafter was about that and that alone. Any individual performances he did were about cementing his image, not about helping the team.

in that case, i'd like to see a lot of other giants cementing their image. that's ridiculous. don't question what tiki did with a ball in his hand it's what he does with a mike in his face that's the problem.

Totally, blu. Tiki's heart shouldn't be questioned. I've never seen a player before or since that was so tough. EVERY game he'd get up gimply, hold a wrist, a finger would be out of joint... and two plays later he's back in.

But when Tiki says, "My heart's not in it anymore," he's open for criticism. If you're heart's not in it, stay home and we'll play a guy who wants to play. His production on the field said otherwise, but I can't be pissed at his teammates for being angry about that statement.

in that case, i'd like to see a lot of other giants cementing their image. that's ridiculous. don't question what tiki did with a ball in his hand it's what he does with a mike in his face that's the problem.

Well in this case we will just have to agree to disagree. I am not saying he wasn't playing hard...I am saying he was doing so to create an image of himself.

While you may be right, the fact is that he got caught with his hand in the

cookie jar. All of his performances in the past and future will be subject to

scrutiny. How the NFL let him play in the probowl is insane.

I would say the NFL has the best drug testing policy in all major USsports

and it will only get tougher with Goddell calling the shots.

Fixed. As far as I know none of the major US sports subscribe to World ANti-Doping Rules. If so Merriman would have been out for a year or more. 4 weeks is just pathetic.

Fixed. As far as I know none of the major US sports subscribe to World ANti-Doping Rules. If so Merriman would have been out for a year or more. 4 weeks is just pathetic.

Yeah, my faux pas.

If Merriman were subjected to say the Olympics drug testing he wouldn't play again.

Well in this case we will just have to agree to disagree. I am not saying he wasn't playing hard...I am saying he was doing so to create an image of himself.

we don't disagree at all. my point is who cares why they play hard as long as they do. yes, you'd like them to be a positive in the locker room but you can't have everything.

i will question the team falling apart due to his early retirement announcement though.

You almost have to wonder if the motivation behind Tiki's success up until the last snap he played was more about people saying "well I played hard until the minute he left for his TV gig" then "I just never wanted to let my teammates down, whom I have been a leader of and a key component of". It's amost like Tiki's motivation was based on the fact he did not want it questioned more than wanting to win for his teammates.

Plow is right this was a season long distraction and a true leader of men would never let this happen and would keep this to himself.

You almost have to wonder if the motivation behind Tiki's success up until the last snap he played was more about people saying "well I played hard until the minute he left for his TV gig" then "I just never wanted to let my teammates down, whom I have been a leader of and a key component of". It's amost like Tiki's motivation was based on the fact he did not want it questioned more than wanting to win for his teammates.

Plow is right this was a season long distraction and a true leader of men would never let this happen and would keep this to himself.

Exactly what I was saying.

You could say that his production dropped after game 10.

Besides his tendency to destroy Washington, I don't think it's a coincidence that his last game was his best last season. Oh, well.

I can't blame Eli for being pissed.