SportsWrath

Simeon Rice to visit on Monday.

fishgutmartyr

Strahan is taking some time off, he's not going anywhere, and I don't see Rice coming in. Strahan is 35, and has been here a long time and probably thinks he's earned some special favors. In a sense he kinda has. I don't see the big deal to be honest. And if he does retire, well we already got the replacement. I like Tuck, i'd love to see what he can do healthy. Or if worse comes to worse, WILLIAM JOSEPH TO DEFENSIVE END!! :TU:

what amazes me in all of this is that Reese doesn't seem to understand the term "no comment".

It was a clusterfuck the second they kept Coughlin

as head coach.

I'm not getting into this again.

With a def. coordinator that wouldn't think Brent Alexander is a long term solution, and maybe some players that buy into the team concept, I thought we would have a shot. Silly me.

Strahan is taking some time off, he's not going anywhere, and I don't see Rice coming in. Strahan is 35, and has been here a long time and probably thinks he's earned some special favors. In a sense he kinda has. I don't see the big deal to be honest. And if he does retire, well we already got the replacement. I like Tuck, i'd love to see what he can do healthy. Or if worse comes to worse, WILLIAM JOSEPH TO DEFENSIVE END!! :TU:

Fuck that. Strahan had nearly half his contract (about $20 mil) as guarenteed, and is receiving $4 mil in special favors. Plus, the idea was he was going to practice once a day.

Besides, there's a new coordinator and new system. It would be kind of nice for him to get some time in to learn it.

I don't know if I would go for Rice, either, since you're replacing one old guy with another. But since mr. Strahan doesn't choose to contact anyone but apparently Osi, and camp has already started, beggars can't be choosers, and trying to go through the season with just Tuck has to make people on that team a little nervous (not talent-wise, but because of his foot).

Joseph starting at DE for any portion of the season makes me queasy.

what amazes me in all of this is that Reese doesn't seem to understand the term "no comment".

Reese wouldn't need to say anything if Strahan was in camp.

the one thing i think is kinda gay is that strahan is intentionally calling coughlin when he knows coughlin is asleep or at practice. that's weak, if you're going to do something like this you have to be a man about it

Yeah, I was thinking the same ting. I would never want to lose the best DE in the game, poss. of all time. But he's on the end of his rope, and normally getting Rice woul sound great, but I dont know about the physical and pay cut stuff. We dont need distractions like that.

Oh dear...the dog would like to say for the record that this is a...oh never mind... :rolleyes:

Fuck that. Strahan had nearly half his contract (about $20 mil) as guarenteed, and is receiving $4 mil in special favors. Plus, the idea was he was going to practice once a day.

Besides, there's a new coordinator and new system. It would be kind of nice for him to get some time in to learn it.

I don't know if I would go for Rice, either, since you're replacing one old guy with another. But since mr. Strahan doesn't choose to contact anyone but apparently Osi, and camp has already started, beggars can't be choosers, and trying to go through the season with just Tuck has to make people on that team a little nervous (not talent-wise, but because of his foot).

Joseph starting at DE for any portion of the season makes me queasy.

Reese wouldn't need to say anything if Strahan was in camp.

Reese didn't need the Strahan deal for him to learn to say No comment Fish. He's been spouting of quite a bit, his comments about Luke were out of line.

New system yes, but a system that needs 2 defensive ends like last year. Sure there's some adjustments but in the end, he's still playing the same position.

I'm not saying he's right, but I'm trying to measure how 'wrong" he is here. The guy is 35 and plays one of the most demanding slots on the team. Forget the money for one second, I think he's earned a few breaks. Strahan has rarely let Giant fans down in the past. He'll be back in a few days.

Reese didn't need the Strahan deal for him to learn to say No comment Fish. He's been spouting of quite a bit, his comments about Luke were out of line.

New system yes, but a system that needs 2 defensive ends like last year. Sure there's some adjustments but in the end, he's still playing the same position.

I'm not saying he's right, but I'm trying to measure how 'wrong" he is here. The guy is 35 and plays one of the most demanding slots on the team. Forget the money for one second, I think he's earned a few breaks. Strahan has rarely let Giant fans down in the past. He'll be back in a few days.

That's what I am thinking. The old guy probably just wanted the week off.

Then couldn't he have just called the coach and gm and say this like a man, and not try to weasel out of the fines? Why the prima donna move?

I'd have more respect for that guy than I do for this one (click)

And as far as Reese is concerned, he's said one thing totally out of line since his hiring, and was about LP. Hell, you get more than that in a week from that lockerroom...

looks like he just wanted some time off, he didn't count on reese being as good at the PR game as he proved to be this past week. im sure the seattle fans never stayed mad at walter jones when he was doing this for three years straight

Those feelings have grown even stronger in the past week, the source said, as he has heard some "tough talk" from Giants GM Jerry Reese and read reports that the Giants believe his holdout is driven by money.

I wonder if the Giants feel that his holdout is driven by money because he's asked for more money, and is now holding out. :confused: