SportsWrath

Serious talk from Reese !

UK-Giantsfan

When you let a player go, you've pretty much said what you need to say about the player. Luke understands the business and has gotten himself a new job so good for him. Reese shows very little class here for an organization that likes to preach class and also an organization that only a few days had Coughlin say in a press conference that the team needs to talk less to the press. How does the team expect it's players to stop ripping on each other when their GM rips a former player, who was respected in the locker room.

Furthermore, Luke was having his best year last year and who knows what he could have been at years end if he had not "broke his leg". And Reese's comment about LT is ignorant. If the position is so overated, why bring in Bob whitfield a few years back as a backup, I mean regardless what you think of Bob and his ability to headbutt and look left and right at the same time, the guy was a starter for years in Atlanta.

Remarkable stuff from Reese IMO, I was hopeful, but I'm starting to wonder.

Truth hurts sometimes. But it is kind of shitty he did that to a player that's still active.

Methinks somebody is tired of taking crap for that move.

Thats what it sounds like.

it was certainly the truth, but I dont think it was approriate to rip him like that. He could just said, we're fine a LT, next question.

Same thing I was thinking, no doubt its all true, but thats pretty low rent ripping an ex player from your club, let along one thats still playing.

"People act like Petitgout was the second coming. He never made the Pro Bowl, and I don't think he ever was a first alternate. Now all of a sudden he's the savior? That's ridiculous. I don't think we're that bad off without Luke Petitgout. He was not a star left tackle. He was a solid left tackle on some occasions and other times he wasn't. Luke has been a marginal player for a long time."

That man speaks the truth

I think that Luke came into his own and was playing at a very high level before he got injured. Regardless, there's no need to bad mouth the guy. That's bush league, Reese and not following in Mr. Mara's classy footsteps.

I think that Luke came into his own and was playing at a very high level before he got injured. Regardless, there's no need to bad mouth the guy. That's bush league, Reese and not following in Mr. Mara's classy footsteps.

And to me, worse than what Tiki said.

ALthough it was a little harsh, its kinda true. Luke was solid for us but not a pro bowl caliber, cant lose type player. I think Diehl will fill in fine.