SportsWrath

Eli Takes Shot at Tiki...

Virginia Giant

This is where I disagree with the Romo thing. He started in 10 games last season. 4 were good, maybe 5. How does that tell you he's earned it? Talk about Inconsistency, torching the Bucs and then getting obliterated by the Giants and Saints, you'd be better off having Brad Johnson back there IMO.

He didn't get obliterated by the Giants. He led them down the field for a game winning FG at the Meadowlands by throwing a perfect pass over the head of your overpaid, overhyped safety. The Saints didn't obliterate Romo. They obliterated the entire Cowboys team. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the Giants only crossed the 50 once when they played the Saints. I don't make excuses for Romo, but he can't play defense too and I really don't think Brad Johnson would have faired much better in last years game...

As a Cowboys fan I am concerned about the Saints this season. If you really believe the Giants can make the playoffs, you should be concerned too. New Orleans will not be a good place to travel to in January 2008.

The Dog has to agree that it is a step in the right direction, at least in the sense that he made the comment and not his daddy...

This does bring up an interesting discussion point - what defines a leader, specific to the QB position? Admittingly, the Dog has questioned Mannings leadership ability from draft day forward, but the Dog is not sure that is fair, as a leader may come in various forms...if anyone would care to express their thoughts on the subject, the Dog would welcome them to do so...

Talk and saying he is going to be fill the leadership void doesn't make a lead. He's going to have to do three things in short order:

1. Get in a teammates face and not back down.

2. Wave Coughlin off on a play and call his own shot at the line on a critical down...and deliver.

3. At some point, this guy is going to have to put his head down and sell his body out on a 3rd down run/scramble or a goal line situation. Not having the wheels for it is not an excuse...its a balls deal. In the almost 40 plus games this kids played he hasn't done anything close to that..that I can recall. At some point he has to show he is a football player.

C. Wagon

Talk and saying he is going to be fill the leadership void doesn't make a lead. He's going to have to do three things in short order:

2. Wave Coughlin off on a play and call his own shot at the line on a critical down...and deliver.

3. At some point, this guy is going to have to put his head down and sell his body out on a 3rd down run/scramble or a goal line situation. Not having the wheels for it is not an excuse...its a balls deal. In the almost 40 plus games this kids played he hasn't done anything close to that..that I can recall. At some point he has to show he is a football player.

C. Wagon

:clap:

Part of 'leadership' is your offense counting on a QB to make the 3rd and 10 precise pass that converts to a third down. Eli and like all other starting QB's are the ones starting the plays on offense (unless you like to 'direct snap' it to a FB)...and starting QBs must 'oooze' in confidence. Must be able to be a little cocky (not just with words but with actions). For example, when I watch a Giants game this season and Eli throws a pin point pass to S.Smith for a BIG first down.....that pass must make me say at my home (while watching it) "Damn, IF I was Eli I wouldn't have made that throw but Damn....he fit that pass in there?"

Also people get caught up with this 'body language' thing displayed by Eli....I did too. But I am confident that the 'mopey' look will subside this year due to plays being called that's to Eli's liking. I really think Eli likes the 'hurry up' game and the short and intermediate passing attack. And when Toomer, Smith, Shock, and S. Moss are on the recieving end of those short passes it'll build his 'leadership' skills and confidence will seep out from the recievers, coaching staff and Eli himself. IMO of course!

The Dog would agree with your first statement as part of the essentials...As for the body language piece, the Dog believes that would have to change in a hurry...there is nothing more disheartening in the Dog's opinion then seeing your QB make a mistake, and then watching him spend the next 20 odd minutes looking as if he is fighting back the tears...with Manning, it brings the Dog back to draft day (fair or not), and how that whole situation played...then the Dog starts to wonder if he is a legitimate NFL QB or a pouting child...difficult to judge, as he has shown signs of both over the last three years...

C. Wagon

You dont think the comeback against Denver, (Throw to Toomer after marching us down field), the 24 point comeback against Philly this last season in our first meeting or the way he commanded the offense down the field 3 different times in the Seattle game the year before last, only to have it lost by a missed FG's, shows anything chuck?

How are ya BTW?

You dont think the comeback against Denver, (Throw to Toomer after marching us down field), the 24 point comeback against Philly this last season in our first meeting or the way he commanded the offense down the field 3 different times in the Seattle game the year before last, only to have it lost by a missed FG's, shows anything chuck?

How are ya BTW?

BB1....I'm good....nice seeing you around too.

The guy is good in the 2 minute...no question...and it shows potential...I'm not down on the guy. Dog asked what he needed to do ...I took that to mean "what he can do better?"

Think about it you go back to all the good to great QBs ....they all lead by example...they improved and did whatever they could to win...almost all the time.

Think of when you played ball as a kid....wasn't the QB ..or at least the good ones....sort of a prick but you didn't mind cause he'd bleed right along with you?

That is all I'm saying - Eli needs to be a bit more of a prick and want it more (whatever it is...first down, etc)...then anyone on the offense if you expect them to follow him.

C. Wagon

BB1....I'm good....nice seeing you around too.

The guy is good in the 2 minute...no question...and it shows potential...I'm not down on the guy. Dog asked what he needed to do ...I took that to mean "what he can do better?"

Think about it you go back to all the good to great QBs ....they all lead by example...they improved and did whatever they could to win...almost all the time.

Think of when you played ball as a kid....wasn't the QB ..or at least the good ones....sort of a prick but you didn't mind cause he'd bleed right along with you?

That is all I'm saying - Eli needs to be a bit more of a prick and want it more (whatever it is...first down, etc)...then anyone on the offense if you expect them to follow him.

C. Wagon

Well, now, after this post I couldnt agree more. I just read the orig. post wrong I guess. He needs to lead by example, light a fire under thier butts. I just thouht you meant he's done absolutley zero.

As far as the QB when I was young, that was usually me. :rolleyes:

This is where I disagree with the Romo thing. He started in 10 games last season. 4 were good, maybe 5. How does that tell you he's earned it? Talk about Inconsistency, torching the Bucs and then getting obliterated by the Giants and Saints, you'd be better off having Brad Johnson back there IMO.

They had a cowboy fan last year with the handle bad edd come to the saints forum. Before the game he was like "The saints cant win because the cowboys have won x amount of championships" and blah blah blah. He said brees was an overrated qb who hasnt been up against anyone, and has never seen a real championship QB like Romo. I dont think it was the same bad egg though because he was giving the giants props for the defeat in the meadowlands. Anyway we never heard from him again after that game.

He didn't get obliterated by the Giants. He led them down the field for a game winning FG at the Meadowlands by throwing a perfect pass over the head of your overpaid, overhyped safety. The Saints didn't obliterate Romo. They obliterated the entire Cowboys team. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the Giants only crossed the 50 once when they played the Saints. I don't make excuses for Romo, but he can't play defense too and I really don't think Brad Johnson would have faired much better in last years game...

As a Cowboys fan I am concerned about the Saints this season. If you really believe the Giants can make the playoffs, you should be concerned too. New Orleans will not be a good place to travel to in January 2008.

I for once agree with you.

I didn't see the interview but I think the Romo situation is a difficult one. I think it is risky to give him a new contract now. But I don't think the Cowboys have much of a choice. If he plays as well as he did last season, and they don't sign him early they could be put in a situation where they will overpay to keep him. So I would rather see them sign him now and work with him, rather than overpaying or starting from scratch with a rookie (unless they can get some vet FA QB next year -- but I don't know who would be available).

Romo has a good enough arm to make all the necessary throws and he has shown he can win in pressure situations. He also has a very good work ethic, seems to be a decent leader, and the team likes him. If they give him a better line and a consistent running game signing him should be worth the risk. I also think an improved defense will make a big difference as that was the root of their problems late last season. But it is not the ideal situation...

Good points. Now is the Doff allowed to disagree without the silly Eli remarks? Ok...here goes. The Doff thinks that based on Romo's LAST 4-5 games of the season (which wasn't stellar) is the reason why Dallas is 'prolonging' this extension. Doff says IF Romo would have played lights out all the way, the would be NO doubt the Cowboys would have hammered a deal....NOW! Romo said he "doesn't really care how much he makes". He was also saying he is basically leaving it up to his agent to make a deal. The Doff is assuming Toni wants big loot without tainting negotiations...by saying so in the public.

That is why it makes no sense for prognosticators to worry about Jones saving money now by signing Romo. Jones will be only too happy to pay Romo top dollar because he knows he will get it back tenfold in success on the field and marketing opportunities if Romo is successful. He is already one of the most popular quarterbacks in the league and he has yet to win a playoff game. CBS NFL.COM July 11, 2007

It's clear Romo would prefer to solidify his future. And the Cowboys, who have no viable alternatives, appear willing to cast their lot with the four-year veteran. He is the quarterback the Cowboys groomed for the future. But the future is now, and it's time to pay the guy who will probably be the Dallas starter for the next several years.

"I'd definitely like [an extension] before the season begins, but you never know how things will go," Romo told the Dallas Morning News this week....The only other experienced quarterback on the roster is 15-year veteran Brad Johnson, who is no longer a starting-caliber player. Dallas passed on Brady Quinn in the first round of this year's draft, choosing to deal its top selection to Cleveland and allow the Browns to snatch the former Notre Dame star.....If the Cowboys were to grab one of the top quarterback prospects in next spring's draft -- like Louisville's Brian Brohm, Michigan's Chad Henne, Kentucky's Andre Woodson or Hawaii's Colt Brennan -- Jones would be forced to lay out huge money for an unproven player at the game's most unpredictable position. (Dallas has Cleveland's No. 1 pick as well as its own in the 2008 draft.) The Dallas owner would have a hard time reconciling that. So the question for the Cowboys isn't whether to sign Romo to an extension, but rather, for how much? And that is the primary challenge to hammering out an accord that meets the needs of both sides.

Romo owns just 10 regular-season starts and has launched only 337 pass attempts. Although his record as a starter is an estimable 6-4, Romo's performance in his final five starts wasn't nearly as good as the numbers he amassed in the first five. ESPN June 2007

They had a cowboy fan last year with the handle bad edd come to the saints forum. Before the game he was like "The saints cant win because the cowboys have won x amount of championships" and blah blah blah. He said brees was an overrated qb who hasnt been up against anyone, and has never seen a real championship QB like Romo. I dont think it was the same bad egg though because he was giving the giants props for the defeat in the meadowlands. Anyway we never heard from him again after that game.

Nope, sounds like the douchebag we got here.

Nope, sounds like the douchebag we got here.

Bigblue, I don't call you names, yet you curse at me all week. :furious: I think you need a vacation from these boards.

Anyway, as usual, you are wrong again. The only message board I visit is the Giants message board. You people will never have to share me with anyone.

Bigblue, I don't call you names, yet you curse at me all week. :furious: I think you need a vacation from these boards.

Anyway, as usual, you are wrong again. The only message board I visit is the Giants message board. You people will never have to share me with anyone.

Oh, its a coincidence someone else calls themself bad egg and is a troll on another board? :rolleyes:

I love Tiki, but fuck that oreo

I loved Tiki as a player but how should he act? Like a 'non-oreo'? I guess he should hold his dick in front of the camera, talk broken english and wear gaudy earrings and Jesus pieces around his neck. ;)

court jester, the Dog is pretty sure troll has a very negative connotation...is that so in your mind?

Some people say Troll has a slightly different meaning. For me, if youre on a board constantly that is not your team, and you go around bashin the team every chance you get, thats a troll.

And no, not me goin to the Cardinals board, I live in AZ now, and I visited there once...ONCE.

Some people say Troll has a slightly different meaning. For me, if youre on a board constantly that is not your team, and you go around bashin the team every chance you get, thats a troll.

And no, not me goin to the Cardinals board, I live in AZ now, and I visited there once...ONCE.

and you go on the eagles board to "talk trash" (your words)...the dog wonders, if you hadn't been kicked off the cardinals board twice, would you still be there? most likely...if you weren't already the court jester, the dog might accuse you of being a troll...you know, going on other teams message boards to "talk trash"...because as evidenced by your time on the cardinals board, you certainly didn't go there with any intellectual debating in mind...not that you do that here...

and you go on the eagles board to "talk trash" (your words)...the dog wonders, if you hadn't been kicked off the cardinals board twice, would you still be there? most likely...if you weren't already the court jester, the dog might accuse you of being a troll...you know, going on other teams message boards to "talk trash"...because as evidenced by your time on the cardinals board, you certainly didn't go there with any intellectual debating in mind...not that you do that here...

I dont think Bad Egg is a troll, he comes here and actually believes this diarreah he is spouting off and has been here for some time. I just think hes wrong.

READ AGAIN numnuts, it was once for a short time. :rolleyes:

Youre like a little kid, I gotta stop you before you go into this HUGE explanation and its all for not. Evidenced, yes, definatley. Evidence that I was there once, for a short time.

Ya know, you should really try a girlfriend, family, etc. Your constant time in your mommies basement isnt doin you any good anymore. You arent paying attention.

READ AGAIN numnuts, it was once for a short time. :rolleyes:

Youre like a little kid, I gotta stop you before you go into this HUGE explanation and its all for not. Evidenced, yes, definatley. Evidence that I was there once, for a short time.

Ya know, you should really try a girlfriend, family, etc. Your constant time in your mommies basement isnt doin you any good anymore. You arent paying attention.

interesting court jester - the dog notes that you are logging more time here then anyone, and on saturdays all day as well? you were there for a short time because they kicked you off...you then reregistered again, and they kicked you off again...and if you would note, a vast majority of the time, you are responding in every thread the dog goes on, sidetracking it down to this type of mindless banter...the dog sincerely hopes that once the season starts, and there is more to discuss, you are able to stick to fact based debate, and not weak insults...

......if youre on a board constantly that is not your team, and you go around bashin the team every chance you get, thats a troll. Or a fan of said team??? One wonders if....?

Anyway,,,,hey BigBlue? You ever go to the new Arizona Cardinals stadium? I used to live in AZ and in San Diego. Before the NFL realigned the divisions....I'd check out my Giants every year at Sun Devil stadium. I even went while I lived in Diego, CA...

......if youre on a board constantly that is not your team, and you go around bashin the team every chance you get, thats a troll. Or a fan of said team??? One wonders if....?

Anyway,,,,hey BigBlue? You ever go to the new Arizona Cardinals stadium? I used to live in AZ and in San Diego. Before the NFL realigned the divisions....I'd check out my Giants every year at Sun Devil stadium. I even went while I lived in Diego, CA...

Oh yeah, the company I work for did all the IT work in that place. Its a big selling point for us, the stadium. I even got to go to a few games last season( when it didnt interefere with Giant games of course) and sit in our suite. It was ....SWEET! LOL!

I used to go EVERY year when the Giants and Cards were in the same division. It was a blast! Where you at now?