SportsWrath

Gibril Wilson signed for one more year

boohyah

I saw that earlier, but there were people in the store and I couldn't post it yet. There was a blog in the Star Ledger saying that he was thinking too much about what he had to do instead of playing with the same quickness and aggression that he had in his rookie season and Spags was going to bring him back to his rookie self. Spags has me really excited about the NYG defense. Hopefully he and the G-Men don't let me down.

I saw that earlier, but there were people in the store and I couldn't post it yet. There was a blog in the Star Ledger saying that he was thinking too much about what he had to do instead of playing with the same quickness and aggression that he had in his rookie season and Spags was going to bring him back to his rookie self. Spags has me really excited about the NYG defense. Hopefully he and the G-Men don't let me down.

Me too. Honestly, after TL did what he did with out D, i cant understand how he got another job.

I hope you're right.

And we still have Gilbride and the conditioning coach? :confused:

Gilbride ran the offense the last 2 games, and did a pretty decent job. Now the conditioning coach should be the one i question.

Gilbride ran the offense the last 2 games, and did a pretty decent job. Now the conditioning coach should be the one i question.

The yanks canned their conditioning coach already...why can't the giants learn

2 Games don't make a career, SDMF. From what I know about Gilbride is.. he sucks.

gilbride has never has success in this league. I have no idea how he keeps getting jobs...let alone promotions. He's awful

Seems like the entire defense had a problem with Tim Lewis........Lets take this time to thank Ernie Accorsi for letting John Fox walk. I dont know why he didnt tell him to stick around another year and that he was next. Instead he lets him walk and then his new team goes to the superbowl 2 years later, then EA hired Tom Coughlin and then Fox's team walks over our team in the playoffs 4 years later.

EA was not a good GM

gilbride has never has success in this league. I have no idea how he keeps getting jobs...let alone promotions. He's awful

Seems like the entire defense had a problem with Tim Lewis........Lets take this time to thank Ernie Accorsi for letting John Fox walk. I dont know why he didnt tell him to stick around another year and that he was next. Instead he lets him walk and then his new team goes to the superbowl 2 years later, then EA hired Tom Coughlin and then Fox's team walks over our team in the playoffs 4 years later.

EA was not a good GM

I'm not sure John Fox would've stuck around for a maybe.

2 Games don't make a career, SDMF. From what I know about Gilbride is.. he sucks.

Thats fair. But he was also the only guy I saw getting in Eli's face when he wasn fuckin up. And thats what he needs. Someone to light a fire under his ass. And if we had a better defense, we win in Philly and go to the next round.

Thats fair. But he was also the only guy I saw getting in Eli's face when he wasn fuckin up. And thats what he needs. Someone to light a fire under his ass. And if we had a better defense, we win in Philly and go to the next round.

Well TC should've gottin in Shockey's face and Plax's face.. and Tiki's face.. everytime each on of them fucked up.. on or off the field. Eli, may fuck up but he does his best not to.... it's not never carelessness on Eli's part.

Well TC should've gottin in Shockey's face and Plax's face.. and Tiki's face.. everytime each on of them fucked up.. on or off the field. Eli, may fuck up but he does his best not to.... it's not never carelessness on Eli's part.

I agree, Plax, Shockey and especially Tiki don't have half the class

Eli Manning has.

Has Eli criticized the coach staff once? Nah

Eli ever scream and throw his hands up when Shockey and Plax drop balls? Nah

I'd love to see Eli get in Plax's face when he loafs on a pass pattern. What would

Plax say?

A few months ago I did a little research on how Gilbride did as a HC and OC. Here's his last eight years:

'95 Jaguars - 28th total offense (team finished 4-12)

'96 Jaguars - 3rd in total offense (team finished 9-7)

'97 Chargers 27th in total offense (team finished 4-12, Gilbride was HC)

'98 Chargers 24th in total offense (team finished 2-4 before Gilbride was canned for legendary coach June Jones... yep, Gilbride was THAT good).

'99 Steelers - 23rd in total offense (team finished 6-10)

'00 Steelers 19th in total offense (team finished 9-7)

'02 Buffalo Bills - 8th in total offense (team finished 8-8)

'03 Buffalo Bills - 28th in total offense (team finished 6-10)

Bang-up job he did. :TD: Hate to break it to everyone, but our "O" is gonna suck this year. Spags will win us a few, but look for our offense to finish in the bottom third of the league.

I agree, Plax, Shockey and especially Tiki don't have half the class

Eli Manning has.

Has Eli criticized the coach staff once? Nah

Eli ever scream and throw his hands up when Shockey and Plax drop balls? Nah

I'd love to see Eli get in Plax's face when he loafs on a pass pattern. What would

Plax say?

It's just not Eli's style. He takes the high road and it shows. It's up to the audience to see the players' behavior and support whoever is right. It's no wonder I back Eli evey step of the way.. it's the same reason why Toomer is my favorite player.

Giants aren't owned by George Steinbrenner.
I wish they were. He cares about winning. Mara and Tisch, since the stadium is totally sold out for the next 25 years, don't care about the team or the fans. Their sole concern is their bank accounts. How long would Toxic Tom have been retained if Mr. Steinbrenner were the owner of the Giants? IMO, about how long it takes to fart. :LMAO:

I hope Wilson can come to back to his rookie self under the Spagster.

But sometimes I really wonder what the fuck the front office is thinking. It was quite obvious both our co-ordinators and his fucking replacement were douchebags of the highest quality. Both the fuckers along with Gilbride who did his entire fucking best to completely fuck Eli up, all of them should be have been subtly assassinated. We needed a new OC badly this year for a shot in the arm, instead we have the same shits, with a weakened running attack and a weaker offensive line. Nice job fuckers! :brooding:

I wish they were. He cares about winning. Mara and Tisch, since the stadium is totally sold out for the next 25 years, don't care about the team or the fans. Their sole concern is their bank accounts. How long would Toxic Tom have been retained if Mr. Steinbrenner were the owner of the Giants? IMO, about how long it takes to fart. :LMAO:

I don't think that's the case at all US Pat. In the NFL there's a salary cap. All 32 teams pretty much have equal chance. On average, a team should win a Super Bowl once every 32 years. Looking at the past 32 years, would you say we've been more winners or losers?

Those guys (Giant's owners) are realistic.

I don't think that's the case at all US Pat. In the NFL there's a salary cap. All 32 teams pretty much have equal chance. On average, a team should win a Super Bowl once every 32 years. Looking at the past 32 years, would you say we've been more winners or losers?

Those guys (Giant's owners) are realistic.

Nas, the salary cap has nothing to do with employing a qualified staff of managers and requiring them to be effective. Just look at the qualities of Toxic Tom and the people he employed as his assistants. Do you really think Steinbrenner would have kept them on his payroll? The fact that Mara/Tisch did not get rid of him last year after he demonstrated his lack of leadership and management of the assistants (when their game plans failed), speaks volumes.

Nas, the salary cap has nothing to do with employing a qualified staff of managers and requiring them to be effective. Just look at the qualities of Toxic Tom and the people he employed as his assistants. Do you really think Steinbrenner would have kept them on his payroll? The fact that Mara/Tisch did not get rid of him last year after he demonstrated his lack of leadership and management of the assistants (when their game plans failed), speaks volumes.

Personally, I wouldn't have kept TC after last season. However, I recall pretty much everyone here was for hiring him when we did. Everyone thought we needed a disciplinarian. The Mara/Tich family take a hands off approach unlike that clown in Dallas. The blame should be squarely on the GM. Now that we have Reese in place, I feel we have a very solid GM. Most of us gave the draft a thumbs up and let's see if TC does soemthing this year.. or .. he'll be gone