SportsWrath

We didn't re-sign Brandon Short?

Nas

That doesn't make sense. Brandon did very well for us let alone a back up. What am I missing here? :confused:

Clearly, the Giants need to fortify their linebacker situation. They severed ties with two injury-riddled veterans, LaVar Arrington and Carlos Emmons, and opted not to re-sign Brandon Short, leaving the cupboard nearly bare at the position after Antonio Pierce.

That doesn't make sense. Brandon did very well for us let alone a back up. What am I missing here? :confused:

i am also confused ....because i cant remember him being cut by the G men .... and i dont recall any other team signing him ....and he did a decent job last year considering all our injury problems

???

Short signed a one year contract, so he was a free agent already. Now as far as why he wasn't re-signed? I couldn't begin to tell you. Maybe it's another one of those "Get younger and healthier" moves.

Do we really need to take this gamble?

It was a gamble last season and it worked out. He doesn't make much money and when it comes to linebackers, we need depth. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, Short wants to play for us.

Short signed a one year contract, so he was a free agent already. Now as far as why he wasn't re-signed? I couldn't begin to tell you. Maybe it's another one of those "Get younger and healthier" moves.

How young does our Gm wanna get? To the point of in-experience? I mean wtf is goin on, fuckin bullshit!!!! :furious:

How young does our Gm wanna get? To the point of in-experience? I mean wtf is goin on, fuckin bullshit!!!! :furious:

If I remember correctly, Arrington and Short were drafted in the same draft (2000), and they both had injury issues, with Arrington's being worse of course. So maybe in this case it's not so much about the age as it is the health. I dunno... I'm just trying to make sense of this and it's not working.

If I remember correctly, Arrington and Short were drafted in the same draft (2000), and they both had injury issues, with Arrington's being worse of course. So maybe in this case it's not so much about the age as it is the health. I dunno... I'm just trying to make sense of this and it's not working.

What makes sense to me is that Brandon was a bright spot for us last season. Can't say the same about that deadbeat Eagle-reject Emmons. I don't care who we get, Short played well and should be resigned. And he's not going to break the bank either.

Look at the history of the gm's the Giants have had. There was Young, then Awful Accorsi and now: No experience Reese. Let's all face the truth, the owners of the Giants don't care about winning or the fans. The stadium is sold out for the next 30 years so they make tons of money no matter what happens to the team. We mean nothing to them and all they care about is increasing their bank accounts. Ticket prices were raised by them again this year.

Look at the history of the gm's the Giants have had. There was Young, then Awful Accorsi and now: No experience Reese. Let's all face the truth, the owners of the Giants don't care about winning or the fans. The stadium is sold out for the next 30 years so they make tons of money no matter what happens to the team. We mean nothing to them and all they care about is increasing their bank accounts. Ticket prices were raised by them again this year.

I don't see your point. George Young is widely recognized as an innovator and a model for the modern GM. and what does anythis have to do with signing Brandon Short? You're a big grouch.

Young and Accorsi were very good GMs in my opinion. Reese needs to get his shot too. I don't understand why everyone looks for "experience"... kindda reminds me of a few years back whenever I looked for a job, the fucking employer wanted "experience" and I was left to ask.. how the fuck do I gain "experience" if your sorry ass won't hire me?"

Besides, Reese has experience. He just didn't have the final say before today.

Brandon Short played two games, then wound up bouncing on and off the "questionable list" for the rest of the season. What's hard to understand? It's guys like that who have left our LBs so shaky the past two years.

I like the idea of having young guys as backups so they can develop, rather than cutting them or letting them languish on the practice squad. Sure it's a gamble, but who are you playing when the starter and the backup can't be expected to stay on the field?

I know young guys can get injured, too. But at least you don't have to manage their practices like we were early in the season with Short.

Brandon Short played two games, then wound up bouncing on and off the "questionable list" for the rest of the season. What's hard to understand? It's guys like that who have left our LBs so shaky the past two years.

I like the idea of having young guys as backups so they can develop, rather than cutting them or letting them languish on the practice squad. Sure it's a gamble, but who are you playing when the starter and the backup can't be expected to stay on the field?

I know young guys can get injured, too. But at least you don't have to manage their practices like we were early in the season with Short.

I don't think he was acitvated until week 3-4 Fish to begin with.

Still, if they did resign him, what's the harm, he costs little and he plays hard when he does play. Plus he's only a backup.

I don't think he was acitvated until week 3-4 Fish to begin with.

Still, if they did resign him, what's the harm, he costs little and he plays hard when he does play. Plus he's only a backup.

If our starter is out for a few games, we can't afford to have our backup get injured. That is exactly what happened last year and the year before, and another year older doesn't bode well for Brandon. I like Brandon, just not his legs.