SportsWrath

Nem/VG sorry guys but.........

boohyah

CB Walker signs with Packers

Posted by Mike Garafolo March 13, 2007 3:32PM

Categories: Free Agency Cornerback Frank Walker's time with the Giants ended today. As expected, the team made no attempt to re-sign the four-year veteran who inked a deal with the Packers today.

One of my loyal e-mailers is Walker's No. 1 fan. He's upset Walker won't be a Giant anymore, but is glad to see he landed on his feet. This guy loves Walker's ability and said he should have been playing instead of dressing for only 11 games last season and seeing time mostly on special teams.

He's not alone. One defensive starter told me late last season Walker was the team's "best corner" and should have been in the rotation. Another starter, according to a source, called one of Walker's close advisors and told him to "make sure Frank keeps his chin up" because he'll get a chance elsewhere. That player also told the advisor Walker was one of the team's top defensive backs and should have been playing -- at least on third downs.

You see, Walker spent the last two seasons in Tom Coughlin's and Tim Lewis' doghouses because of undisciplined play, plenty of penalty flags and a horrible fourth-and-10 pass caught between him and S Brent Alexander late in a loss to the Bengals in December 2004. The completion set up Cincy's winning TD. According to one player, Lewis rode Walker particularly hard, telling him on one occasion he would cut him if he was GM.

We'll see if a new start with the Packers will allow Walker to reach his potential.

Bob Lattinville, the agent for G Corey Hulsey, confirmed his client visited the Giants yesterday. Lattinville said the Giants didn't make an offer, but told him they would remain in touch. Chances are they're waiting to see what happens with Grey Ruegamer.

Lattinville expects Hulsey to visit the Lions sometime in the next week or so.

MG

NEM? was that you? :rolleyes:

The packers secondary is either now the greatest in the NFL...........or the dumbest.

Say whatyou will, walker is a good football player, makes CW and WD look like idiots.

Say whatyou will, walker is a good football player, makes CW and WD look like idiots.

I will say what I will.

You're willing to give Walker the benefit of the doubt that he's a good player after 4 years being the last option at corner, but you're not willing to give Webster a chance at corner after just 2 years, one starting. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'm not sure how he makes Demps look like an idiot. Demps has been a starter in this league for years.

I will say what I will.

You're willing to give Walker the benefit of the doubt that he's a good player after 4 years being the last option at corner, but you're not willing to give Webster a chance at corner after just 2 years, one starting. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'm not sure how he makes Demps look like an idiot. Demps has been a starter in this league for years.

Webster was getting beat every chance he got. And Dempsall of a sudden forgets how to tackle when he comes to the Giants. Maybe not giving CW a chance is jumpingthe gun, but FW can stay and he can leave as far as Im concerned.