SportsWrath

Lorenzen will never be starting caliber QB

Sephiroth

I've heard this argument at least two dozen times. But I don't really get it.

If there's ONE position on the team where you could be heavy and slow as shit, I'd say it's the QB (barring punters and kickers, of course). What's the big drawback to being a big fatass behind center? The only thing I could think of would be that if he were to get hit in the knees or ankles, they may cave in easier under his weight.

Shit, Phil Simms couldn't outrun your grandma, but he's the best QB the Giants have ever had... and Montana, etc. weren't exactly fleet of foot.

Discuss.

If there's ONE position on the team where you could be heavy and slow as shit, I'd say it's the QB (barring punters and kickers, of course). What's the big drawback to being a big fatass behind center? The only thing I could think of would be that if he were to get hit in the knees or ankles, they may cave in easier under his weight.

Shit, Phil Simms couldn't outrun your grandma, but he's the best QB the Giants have ever had... and Montana, etc. weren't exactly fleet of foot.

Discuss.

I think the problem is that people are affraid Hefty may suffer a heart attack in the middle of a drive.

he is more mobile than Collins ever was and can shrug off defenders but is more of a unknown than anything at this point and eli will never be benched for him so only thing you have to look off of is the preseason. Besides from what i hear eli completes 80% of his passes in pratice but he sucks during the game so maybe our db's or the scheme was horrible and when we get the new DC and new DB's he will improve.

He still needs to be in shape. Frankly, if there's one thing that's embrassing abou this team is that our backup QB is heavier than the center he takes the snap from, or almost heavier.

He needs to lose 30-40 lbs. Right now, he's a big slob.

he is more mobile than Collins ever was and can shrug off defenders but is more of a unknown than anything at this point and eli will never be benched for him so only thing you have to look off of is the preseason
I don't think he should start over Manning... yet. I'm waiting for Eli's annual mid-season collapse to start petitioning for that one (and with Gilbride as our OC, it's practically a given that it'll happen).

He still needs to be in shape. Frankly, if there's one thing that's embrassing abou this team is that our backup QB is heavier than the center he takes the snap from, or almost heavier.

He needs to lose 30-40 lbs. Right now, he's a big slob.

I would tend to agree with you, however, if he can play it wouldn't bother me. Shit, I went to school with a kid who was the starting fullback for our football team, and weighed 240 his freshman year. But he was the fastest kid on the team, and would put you on your ass with his blocking, and had hands of glue. So nobody cared that he was a big fat fuck.

It won't be embarrasing if he tosses 3 TDs a game... unless you're the opposing team.

Discuss.

Sephiroth, J-Load is far from slow. He has what it takes to back up Eli and win games for us. It sure doesn't hurt that our QB can run over Linebackers.

I like him in the game on those 3rd and 4th and inches play where his fat ass leans forward for the 1st down. I like this wrinkle and would love to see this continue and when a team stacks 10 in the box against it we let the throwboy play action and heave one up for grabs to Plax one on one.

I like him in the game on those 3rd and 4th and inches play where his fat ass leans forward for the 1st down. I like this wrinkle and would love to see this continue and when a team stacks 10 in the box against it we let the throwboy play action and heave one up for grabs to Plax one on one.

If we did a play fake with him then I'd be okay with it. But I was fuming after the 2nd time he came in and called a timeout. I know we were lined up illegally but we all know it was going to be a QB sneak and in a situation late in a playoff game... it just pissed me off.

If we did a play fake with him then I'd be okay with it. But I was fuming after the 2nd time he came in and called a timeout. I know we were lined up illegally but we all know it was going to be a QB sneak and in a situation late in a playoff game... it just pissed me off.

Well the Giants have never been very inventive with play calling. How many times do they call a play action when Jacobs is in? Every time you see him on the field, you know the ball is going to him. They should have had some formations with both Tiki and Jacobs in the backfield. Even line up Jacobs as a fullback sometimes. With a guy that size there are so many options.

fred was an excellent bowler too.

When he'd get up on his tippy toes....then walk on them up to the line........and boom! Rocket that rock into the pins....yeah dude was a stone aged Jessie Owens.

I'm only half joking about Lorenzen....I caught a couple of his games when he was at Kentucky....as weird as it sounds...Big Boy was quite nimble.

C. Wagon