SportsWrath

.....:::::BREAKING NEWS:::::.....

Lughead

Coughlin Returning

Hold The Phone; Coughlin Returning, Reese Hired as G.M.

Posted Jan 9th 2007 1:55PM by Dan Benton

Filed under: NY Giants, NFC East, NFL Rumors

It looks like the Giants were sending out smoke screens like they did last year with the Lavar Arrington signing. Earlier today there were reports all over that Tom Coughlin's days in New York were numbered and he was on his way out of town. They were added to the rumors about Bill Parcells possibly taking over as Giants G.M. Neither were accurate and the Giants will make an announcement today that may shock some people.

According to some of my own sources and WFAN, the Giants will announce that Tom Coughlin will return next year after signing a one-year contract extension and that Jerry Reese will take over for the retiring Ernie Accorsi as Giants G.M.

The announcement should be made at some point this afternoon.

Fatcessa retracted his statement and said it was only speculation. Right now anything can happen.

yup :doh:

Update:

WFAN is now claiming their original report is pure speculation. They assume if Coughlin was going to be gone, he'd have already been fired. The people I know are sticking to their guns and they say he will return.

See this is why I refuse to listen to fat fucktards who somehow got their retarded opinions broadcasted across the tri-state area. They pass speculation as fact, are totally ignorant to how football is played, and spend more time with the Tunas cock in their mouths than talking about the local teams.

<_<

Fuck him.

That is why I said "Aww fuck" when I heard he would be GM and Coughlin staying. Clean house in both the FO, coaches, AND players. Get rid of the cobwebs and old-mind-setted foggies who still live in the glory days of dynasties and team-building over multiple years. That just doesn't work. Bring in fresh blood, a new energetic coach, and turn this team around.

But nope, same old shit.

So, we'll be underachieving and be the most penalized team in the NFL again?

Awesome.

Thank you New York Football Giants.

Jerry Reese?

Yes. Why shouldn't a guy get a promotion? If I was in his position, I'd want the promotion too. Besides, the GM position isn't exactly rocket science... unless you're the genius who passed on Reggie Bush.

I don't think we are firing TC. I don't think we are willing to go through the process of interviewing new coaches and eventually wind up getting a new one.

What's the point of keeping an incompetent coach?