SportsWrath

.....:::::BREAKING NEWS:::::.....

Lughead

Giants Say no thanks to Parcells

January 9

Newark Star-Ledger (registration required): "The Giants have rebuffed an overture from Cowboys coach Bill Parcells about returning to the organization as general manager, according to a high-ranking NFL executive familiar with the team's thinking."

Tuna swims into GM picture

January 9

New York Daily News: "Could the Giants' general manager search end with a Tuna surprise? The stage was set for that longshot scenario yesterday when Scott Pioli turned down a chance to be the next GM of the Giants, and hours later a report surfaced that Bill Parcells was interested in the job."

Big Blue should tap Parcells as coach

January 9

Bergen Record columnist Ian O'Connor: "Parcells is adrift the way the Giants are adrift, and with both parties deliberating their futures, this question begs to be asked: If the Giants need a new coach, why wouldn't they check on the availability of the old coach, the only one who's given them a Super Bowl title, never mind two?"

Parcells may be lured back to Big Apple

January 9

NFL.com: " Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli rejected the chance to interview for the Giants' general manager job Monday, but his father-in-law, Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells, is a contender for it, according to a high-ranking NFL source."

Report: NY might want Parcells

January 9

Dallas Morning News (registration required): " But NFL.com, citing a high-ranking NFL source, reported Parcells could be a candidate for the New York Giants' general manager spot created by Ernie Accorsi's retirement."

Cowher Would Be A Steel

January 9

New York Post columnist Steve Serby: "If Charlie Weis is determined to stay in South Bend, Bill Cowher is easily the best man for the job."

In Vacuum of Silence, Coughlin Sits Tight

January 9

New York Times (registration required): "The Giants made no decision on whether to retain Coach Tom Coughlin. And in their quest to fill their vacant general-manager position, the Giants were left one intriguing candidate fewer. Scott Pioli, who helped build the New England Patriots into a three-time Super Bowl champion as the vice president for player personnel, declined to interview with the Giants. "

Coughlin In Limbo As Many Long For Change

January 9

New York Post: "Tom Coughlin's tenure as head coach of the Giants could be days or even hours away from coming to an embarrassing end, one-year shy of fulfilling his four-year contract and not a moment too soon for many Big Blue loyalists... Win in 2007 or else, as the coaching candidate landscape after next season could include Bill Belichick, Bill Cowher or Charlie Weis."

Coughlin still Giant question

January 9

New York Daily News: "Several organizational sources said it appeared that co-owners John Mara and Steve Tisch were leaning toward bringing their embattled coach back for one more year, but no official announcement was made."

Uncertainty for coaches

January 9

Newsday: "Defensive coordinator Tim Lewis' job is in jeopardy, and the Giants will need a quarterbacks coach and possibly a new offensive coordinator if Kevin Gilbride doesn't keep the gig he had the final week of the regular season and in Sunday's 23-20 loss to the Eagles... Coughlin's job is still not assured, but with the Giants being rebuffed by Patriots executive Scott Pioli yesterday, continuity may be on the minds of the owners."

Giants Consider Coughlin decision

January 9

Newark Star-Ledger (registration required): "Tom Coughlin will soon find out if that's truly the case -- perhaps as soon as today. The Giants coach continues to wait for his verdict after a disappointing 8-8 regular season and a first-round playoff loss to the Eagles on Sunday... According to a person familiar with the situation, Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis has expressed interest in the job (despite his public stance that he'll fulfill his contract with the Fighting Irish), but his buyout is believed to be more than $20 million. Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher is an intriguing option, but he has indicated he will need a year away from football to recover and regain his passion for the game."

Decision Tom?

January 9

Bergen Record: "The world will know by as early as today whether Tom Coughlin will be back as Giants coach next season. But without viable alternatives for the head coaching position, Coughlin is likely to keep his job."

As Giants pack up, Coughlin has nothing to say

January 9

Journal News: "Coughlin's refusal to come out of the office marked the first time a Giants coach has dodged the media since 1992, when Ray Handley was fired three days after his final game."

Giants Are Silent On Coughlin's Future

January 9

Hartford Courant: "Coughlin's future remained in limbo Monday when co-owners John Mara and Steve Tisch, who assumed control after their fathers' deaths, wouldn't comment for a second straight day... Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher would also be a strong candidate, but he has promised to spend time with his family in their new home in Raleigh, N.C., and probably wouldn't consider another job for at least one season."

First move: Keep Tom 1 more year

January 9

Newsday columnist Bob Glauber: "Why not wait until Bill Cowher is ready to come back, which he is not right now. Or wait until Notre Dame's Charlie Weis is more interested in jumping to the NFL, which he is not. Or wait for Parcells, who is under contract another year in Dallas. Or even Bill Belichick, who might be having some contract issues with the Patriots."

A stay looms as loss

January 9

New York Daily News columnist Gary Myers: "The Giants unloaded their lockers into large plastic trash bags and headed out the door and into the offseason not knowing if they will be subjected to another year of Tom Coughlin. Even one more year of Coughlin is one year too many."

Fox on prowl to crush Tom

January 9

New York Daily News columnist Bob Raissman: "Tom Coughlin was fired before Sunday's Giants-Eagles wild-card kickoff. Terry Bradshaw and his Fox Sports colleagues wielded the ax. And while the dismissal was just a show - John Mara and the Tisch brothers will make the real call - it again demonstrated how Coughlin's presence and personality (or lack thereof) can lead to a media assassination."

Patriots' Pioli says no

January 9

Newsday: "Scott Pioli, the Patriots' vice president of player personnel, turned down a chance to interview for the Giants' general manager's job yesterday."

Pioli decides to stay with New England, rather than join Giants

January 9

Journal News: "The Giants' search for a new general manager took a turn yesterday when New England vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli refused an interview... The turndown would seem to give the inside track on the job to Giants director of player personnel Jerry Reese, who is also believed to be under consideration for the Tennessee Titans' GM job left vacant when Floyd Reese resigned. "

Giant rejection by Pioli: Pats VP not interested

January 9

Boston Herald: "Vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli announced yesterday that he has declined an opportunity to interview for the New York Giants’ general manager job and will remain in New England... Tom Mills, the agent for tight end Daniel Graham [stats], said there have been no recent talks on a contract extension for the free agent and, it appears the two sides won’t negotiate until after the season. "

Pioli rebuffs Giants

January 9

Boston Globe: "The New York Giants were granted permission to speak with Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli for a potential top job in their front office, but Pioli declined the request yesterday."

Pioli says he rejected Giants' offer

January 9

Providence Journal (registration required): "The Patriots' vice president of player personnel released a statement yesterday that confirmed he had been asked by the Giants to interview for the team's general manager position, gotten permission to do so -- and turned it down."

Pioli Sticks With Pats

January 9

Hartford Courant: "Scott Pioli, Patriots vice president of player personnel, will not interview with the Giants, who are looking to replace the retiring Ernie Accorsi as general manager."

Jacobs the focus with Tiki leaving

January 9

Newark Star-Ledger (registration required): "Whether he likes it or not, Jacobs has become the center of attention in the Giants' backfield. Running back Tiki Barber is officially retired (save for one final appearance in next month's Pro Bowl)... There's also a chance the Giants will pursue Chargers backup Michael Turner, who rushed for 506 yards on 80 carries (6.3 average) this season behind LaDainian Tomlinson."

O'Hara wants to get deal done

January 9

New York Post (scroll down): "C Shaun O'Hara is the only other unsigned starter and the New Jersey native strongly wants to return. Contract talks early in the season went nowhere and O'Hara hopes he can get a deal done before hitting the open market as an unrestricted free agent... P Jeff Feagles said he's leaning toward coming back for a 20th NFL season."

Long search continues for Dolphins

January 9

Palm Beach Post: "The Dolphins spoke to defensive coordinator Dom Capers in Jacksonville, where he is on vacation, before interviewing Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin... Possible additional prospects are Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops, Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz, Colts assistant head coach Jim Caldwell, 49ers defensive coordinator Mike Singletary, Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan, Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz and Giants defensive coordinator Tim Lewis."

Which just befuddles me. The Giants have known since what, last year Accorsi is retiring, and you mean to tell me they never had a short list of candidates?

Yeah, that's been scaring me, too. OK, not having coaching candidates lined up is one thing, but they've known for 2 years that Accorsi was ready to retire. He only stayed on this long because all of the deaths last year. What the hell were they waiting for? At least make contingency plans.

Yeah, that's been scaring me, too. OK, not having coaching candidates lined up is one thing, but they've known for 2 years that Accorsi was ready to retire. He only stayed on this long because all of the deaths last year. What the hell were they waiting for? At least make contingency plans.

And I`m not talking about the in-house candidates either.

More along the lines of Scott Pioli, Floyd Reese, etc.

And I`m not talking about the in-house candidates either.

More along the lines of Scott Pioli, Floyd Reese, etc.

They should have at least rated the personnel guys in the other teams.

Although I don't think I'd mind either Reese too much. Jerry went for an injured Webster a little high, but Jamaar Taylor wasn't a bad gamble in the 5th round. I think what bugs most fans is what Taylor could have been if he had healed properly.

Floyd went through some cap hell, but it was pretty short, and he's got the makings of a solid y(Y)oung team in Tenn.

I think they nknew for sure Piolo was going to take the job as NY Giants GM. I guess that blew up in their face, just like everything else.

See this is why I refuse to listen to fat fucktards who somehow got their retarded opinions broadcasted across the tri-state area. They pass speculation as fact, are totally ignorant to how football is played, and spend more time with the Tunas cock in their mouths than talking about the local teams.

Especially Fatessa....he gives better head than any bitch The Prostitute has ever had in his life. :rolleyes:

I guess we will have to pitch in for an airplane and a banner along the lines of "3 years of underachieving ...we have had enough. No money for mediocrity". That along with a fan boycott of the games would send a clear message, because if they keep Cheer Leader I doubt very much if I watch any games this year. That they do not even consider speaking to Cohwer and yes The Prostitute indicates to me that they have a terminal case of headuptheass arrogance as only the Giants management can achieve. Cheer Leader must have pictures of the Tisches and Maras playing drop the soap with each other or something.

I guess we will have to pitch in for an airplane and a banner along the lines of "3 years of underachieving ...we have had enough. No money for mediocrity". That along with a fan boycott of the games would send a clear message, because if they keep Cheer Leader I doubt very much if I watch any games this year. That they do not even consider speaking to Cohwer and yes The Prostitute indicates to me that they have a terminal case of headuptheass arrogance as only the Giants management can achieve. Cheer Leader must have pictures of the Tisches and Maras playing drop the soap with each other or something.

that's the best way to get the message across to them. I refuse to spend any money on this team until he's gone

Cowher stated he was going to take a year of to take a brake from the game and and to see if he can gain a pasion for it again.

so would you want a coach who has lost his passion for the game any more or at least for the moment ?

so this is it, its make or brake for Coughlin now get it done or he is done IF he gutts his coaching staff and gets the right guys ? what if he turns things around? then what? Say we go 12-4 get a 1st -rd bye and make it to the big dance ? while Cowher,Bilecheck and wiess are sitting there.

Cowher stated he was going to take a year of to take a brake from the game and and to see if he can gain a pasion for it again.

so would you want a coach who has lost his passion for the game any more or at least for the moment ?

so this is it, its make or brake for Coughlin now get it done or he is done IF he gutts his coaching staff and gets the right guys ? what if he turns things around? then what? Say we go 12-4 get a 1st -rd bye and make it to the big dance ? while Cowher,Bilecheck and wiess are sitting there.

That is what I am afraid of ... to tell you the truth. Sad, but I would not want TC back if he won the SB.