SportsWrath

The Giants better file a complaint

BIGBLUE01

I agree with that. The only real horrible call I saw was the holding on Snee. If Cofield wasn't a dumb ass, that personal foul would have killed that drive. Our team played dumb at times, but I mostly blame the D for not making a stop at the end after they had a nice long rest durring the offensive TD drive. I also blame the offense for not scoring a TD on either of the drives that ended inside the 5 yd line.

You HAVE GOT to be kidding me. :confused: The ONLY bad call??? There were tons! Most of which made a huge impact. And like someone brought up, the Tiki 1st down. How do you get that obvious of a 1st down, and there's a question? And Westbrook, would get em at will, and be close to the line. Bullshit. Are you tellin me you didnt see RW get pushed in the back at least a couple of times right before he was gonna make the tackle? Watch the game again if you have it recorded, you'll see. The refs called the ticky tack and close call fouls, but the hugely obvious ones went uncalled, and usually they were committed by the Egirls. Giant players were getting thrown to the ground all day long.

You HAVE GOT to be kidding me. :confused: The ONLY bad call??? There were tons! Most of which made a huge impact. And like someone brought up, the Tiki 1st down. How do you get that obvious of a 1st down, and there's a question? And Westbrook, would get em at will, and be close to the line. Bullshit. Are you tellin me you didnt see RW get pushed in the back at least a couple of times right before he was gonna make the tackle? Watch the game again if you have it recorded, you'll see. The refs called the ticky tack and close call fouls, but the hugely obvious ones went uncalled, and usually they were committed by the Egirls. Giant players were getting thrown to the ground all day long.

I didn't say it was the only bad call, I said it was the only horrible call. I agree with you guys on the spots, I was yelling at the TV about that all day long, and we shouldn't have had to waist a challenge on that. But as far as the other calls, I think that stuff happens all the time and we probably got away with just as much as they did. There were some blatent holding calls against the eagles that I saw, but I also saw Tiki get away with one picking up a blitz on a nice pass play and O'Hara got away with one on Tiki's long run. So I think those even out. I would much rather refs not call things than create a 2nd and 30 on a phantom hold. That's bullshit.

No offense, but the ones complaining sound like typical losers. By no means did they cost us the game. On Shockey's third and two catch Diehl got away with a holding idk how he got away with.

It works both ways. Accept the loss and say your team (or coaches) lost it, not the refs.

No offense, but the ones complaining sound like typical losers. By no means did they cost us the game. On Shockey's third and two catch Diehl got away with a holding idk how he got away with.

It works both ways. Accept the loss and say your team (or coaches) lost it, not the refs.

Exactly. There were some bad calls and some non-calls, but the refs were not the reason the Giants lost. Once again, it was shitty playcalling and a porous defense. Oddly enough, that's the same reason we lost 8 games in the regular season...funny how that works, huh?

Exactly. There were some bad calls and some non-calls, but the refs were not the reason the Giants lost. Once again, it was shitty playcalling and a porous defense. Oddly enough, that's the same reason we lost 8 games in the regular season...funny how that works, huh?

Well, the haters can say 7 because of what the refs did in the Colts game....

But we still could've done a lot better in that game.

there is no such rule.

The rule is a 'flagrant' unsportsmanlike penalty can be 15 yards and an ejection.

Another rule that's too subjective. I don't think he should've been ejected, but I do think there should've been two fouls on him.

There is no way in hell that L.J. Smith wasn't holding on Westbrook's 49 yard TD run.

The Westbrook td hold was blatant and out in the open ... but I figured it would not be called because of the flak they would get for "reversing" a td after all of those whiffs by Giants trying to tackle him. Troy and his bitch even talked about one mugging that McQuarters had on a run play where he was held continuously, tackled, and the e-gal sat on him to keep him out of the play. Now I know holds are subjective but if that was not a hold I have never seen it. The Giants lost because they deserved it, but the e-gals did not need the extra help. You know what, maybe we need to go back to the days where an offensive player was not allowed to extend his arms outside of the shoulders...because as it stands now holding can be called on every play. Lastly some defensive linemen can consistently get a holding call (the late Reggie White) yet a guy like Strahan can be taken to the dance by offensive linemen trying to know him better and rarely get the call. :TD: I have been watching Giants ball since 68' and the only consistent years of more or less even handed officiating was during the Jerry Markbreit - Jerry Seaman era. And even Markbreit used to have a jones for the Giants when they used to play the Broke Backs or 69'ers where there would be a devastating holding call made against the Giants to help bury them. However when the Giants became consistent winners he became more evenhanded. Jerry "Squeaky" Seaman was more or less even handed from the get go. We need full time professional refs and not some moon lighting banker or whatever.

No offense guys, but we werent watching the same game. No it didnt go bothe ways, I didnt see Tiki or OHara hold, but I saw RW get pushed down in the back before making the tackle numerous times. And they were costly.

As far as complaining, I dont see it like that. If you go out there, and beat my team by playing better, you deserve the win. I have no problem with that. If you produce your points by playing dirty and gettin help from the refs, thats bullshit. How can you say the D played bad, they did a good job. Westbrook only ran for so much because his teammates were clipping, and Garcia only had 150 or so yds.

The rule is a 'flagrant' unsportsmanlike penalty can be 15 yards and an ejection.

Another rule that's too subjective. I don't think he should've been ejected, but I do think there should've been two fouls on him.

i agree but the man said 2 personal fouls was an automatic suspension, there's no rule like that.

a) the snee holding call--it was meant for o'hara, the officials said the wrong name.

b) the penalties offsetting was the correct call. there dont have to be the same number infractions on both sides on a dead ball. if runyan threw 10 peopel to the ground and got ten flags, and cofield just got one flag they would still offset. whether that rule is stupid is up for debate, but it was enforced correctly. and although it does seem like runyan got away with murder, a lot of that has to do with the rule i just mentioned, and i htink it'sfair to argue he should've been ejected, but it's definitely debatable considering he didn't throw any punches

No offense guys, but we werent watching the same game. No it didnt go bothe ways, I didnt see Tiki or OHara hold, but I saw RW get pushed down in the back before making the tackle numerous times. And they were costly.

As far as complaining, I dont see it like that. If you go out there, and beat my team by playing better, you deserve the win. I have no problem with that. If you produce your points by playing dirty and gettin help from the refs, thats bullshit. How can you say the D played bad, they did a good job. Westbrook only ran for so much because his teammates were clipping, and Garcia only had 150 or so yds.

No offense taken. Sometimes watching your own offense is tough because you are looking at the ball carrier or the qb and miss some of the crap the blockers are doing. As far as the D, I don't know if you are refering to me but I don't think they played bad. I do think they came up small in a big spot by allowing the Eagles to drive down the field to set up the field goal. Overall I think they did a decent job and if the O could actually punch the ball in from inside the 5, they never would have been in that position.

No offense taken. Sometimes watching your own offense is tough because you are looking at the ball carrier or the qb and miss some of the crap the blockers are doing. As far as the D, I don't know if you are refering to me but I don't think they played bad. I do think they came up small in a big spot by allowing the Eagles to drive down the field to set up the field goal. Overall I think they did a decent job and if the O could actually punch the ball in from inside the 5, they never would have been in that position.

Yeah, that I agree with, if the O woulda cashed in on the great field position in the 1st half, it very well may have been a different story. <_<

Two personal fouls on one player results in an ejection, and Runyan SHOULD HAVE been flagged the second time.

It wouldn't have mattered.

There is no way in hell that L.J. Smith wasn't holding on Westbrook's 49 yard TD run.

True, but the refs missed other obvious ones yesterday as well on both sides of the ball.

a) the snee holding call--it was meant for o'hara, the officials said the wrong name.

b) the penalties offsetting was the correct call. there dont have to be the same number infractions on both sides on a dead ball. if runyan threw 10 peopel to the ground and got ten flags, and cofield just got one flag they would still offset. whether that rule is stupid is up for debate, but it was enforced correctly. and although it does seem like runyan got away with murder, a lot of that has to do with the rule i just mentioned, and i htink it'sfair to argue he should've been ejected, but it's definitely debatable considering he didn't throw any punches

The rule about personal fouls (short version) basically says that a player can do what Runyan did but the minute Cofield retaliates it makes both penalties offset no matter how many guys Runyan would have gone after. Again and again this is a problem with the Giants, it seems like no matter how many times it happens they just let their temper & emotion get the better of them. If Cofield didn't retaliate then at the very least it would have been a 15 yard personal foul & if the ref had a brain in that skull of his he would have ejected that fucking cheap-shot artist. <<=(By that I mean Runyan, not Cofield.)

I didn't realize that. What's funny is Coughlin must not have known it either. He was arguing with the official and holding up 2 fingers like "there should be two flags on Runyon".

It wouldn't have mattered.

True, but the refs missed other obvious ones yesterday as well on both sides of the ball.

The rule about personal fouls (short version) basically says that a player can do what Runyan did but the minute Cofield retaliates it makes both penalties offset no matter how many guys Runyan would have gone after. Again and again this is a problem with the Giants, it seems like no matter how many times it happens they just let their temper & emotion get the better of them. If Cofield didn't retaliate then at the very least it would have been a 15 yard personal foul & if the ref had a brain in that skull of his he would have ejected that fucking cheap-shot artist. <<=(By that I mean Runyan, not Cofield.)

Of course it would have mattered. Maybe the refs keep a closer eye on him knowing he's been flagged twice for personal fouls. Maybe he does it again, then gets ejected since it would have been his THIRD such penalty. To let it go just because it didn't mean anything because the penalties were offsetting is just not right. Do your job and officiate the game correctly.

That said, Cofield should have kept his cool. But that's easy to say when you are sitting home watching TV. I wish Strahan were playing. Runyan would have pissed his pants if Mike came back at him.

i agree but the man said 2 personal fouls was an automatic suspension, there's no rule like that.

I didn't say suspension. I said ejection. Maybe it's not the rule, but usually if a guy is flagged for 2 such penalties, he's hitting the showers.