SportsWrath

I know we won but..

Nas

Am I the only one who feels we won mainly because the redskins suck major balls? Let's face it, Tike ran for 2 50+ yarders because the redskins couldn't tackle or appeared unwilling to tackle.

That's why I'm not so upbeat about your next game.. our Defense blows.

Am I the only one who feels we won mainly because the redskins suck major balls? Let's face it, Tike ran for 2 50+ yarders because the redskins couldn't tackle or appeared unwilling to tackle.

We won because Tiki luckily busted threw some closing holes

It's not like the Defence helped any

Draft picks, Coughlin stays, Gilbride looks good as a playcaller.....yeah nothing to care about.

I don't know about Gilbride. There is nothing we did differently. Unless you count the Carter TD. Washington's D was awful. Now only if our team plays like it's capable of playing. Playing like we played against Dallas.. even in a loss.

One thing we know for sure though.. our D needs help and Tim Lewis is the problem.

I don't know about Gilbride. There is nothing we did differently. Unless you count the Carter TD. Washington's D was awful. Now only if our team plays like it's capable of playing. Playing like we played against Dallas.. even in a loss.

One thing we know for sure though.. our D needs help and Tim Lewis is the problem.

I really should have explained more on that Gilbride one...I was talking about this to my friend last night at the bar. The announcers were talking about it being better playcalling, Carucci in his Game Notes mentioned it....but no one mentioned the fact that the Giants won on the legs of Tiki Barber who was playing his potentially last game of his career and was putting it all out on the field. That wasn't playcalling that was the inspired rushing of one player.

But to the average Joe-Shmoe observer the playcalling was better. And the Giants FO tends to view things as average Joe-Shmoes.

looks like every defense in the NFC blows right now.

Draft picks, Coughlin stays, Gilbride looks good as a playcaller.....yeah nothing to care about.

Ending your season on a saturday night to a divison rival who is terriable, closing out the season losing 7 of 8

That is just embarassing, who cares about 5 picks in the draft you can find great talent anywhere in the draft, Gilbride will find out who he is next weekend and TC still does not have job security

Ending your season on a saturday night to a divison rival who is terriable, closing out the season losing 7 of 8

That is just embarassing, who cares about 5 picks in the draft you can find great talent anywhere in the draft, Gilbride will find out who he is next weekend and TC still does not have job security

And backing into the playoffs after a 8 week span with 2 wins and abyssmal performances in all the games isn't?

Our defensive scheme sucks and we have no playmakers. Osi takes himself out of every play and Lewis continuously sends 4 rushers and drops 7 back while there are always 2 guys wide open.

I'm pumped for this Sunday but I'm just wiped from this season. I can't take some of the stupid stuff we are doing.

Screw that we are in the fucking playoffs and nothing else matters, bring on those damn NFC East Chumps, the Iggles!

No fuck that. We suffered during the season. Teams like this don't win championships or at least don't deserve to. Winning hides a lot but we're wise enough to see thru the bullshit. Even during the first 8 games of the season, the wholes were there (Midas pointed that out). We had guys yapping left and right.. huge egoes... us being outcoached.. players quitting on plays.. players headbutting opponents.. twice.. in one fucking game... Defense that sucks balls. I want our season to be worth watching.. not necessarily undefeated but show me some fight. Lose like the game we lost to Dallas.. I'm fine with that.. lose to like we lost to the Saints or the Titans and heads better fucking roll.

Our defensive scheme sucks and we have no playmakers. Osi takes himself out of every play and Lewis continuously sends 4 rushers and drops 7 back while there are always 2 guys wide open.

I'm pumped for this Sunday but I'm just wiped from this season. I can't take some of the stupid stuff we are doing.

Exactly how I feel.

Barely winning against a lousy Redskins team and needing a career game from Tiki to do it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Our only chance is if we keep possession of the ball, and score on most of our possessions. We absolutely need to keep the defense off the field as much as humanly possible, especially in the first half, so they have some gas in the fourth quarter.

Captain Obvious says "you're welcome."

Barely winning against a lousy Redskins team and needing a career game from Tiki to do it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Our only chance is if we keep possession of the ball, and score on most of our possessions. We absolutely need to keep the defense off the field as much as humanly possible, especially in the first half, so they have some gas in the fourth quarter.

Captain Obvious says "you're welcome."

Thank you Captain Obvious. :P

Out of all the teams that made it to the playoffs in the NFC. Only the Eagles scare me the most....They just know our weakness to well. I really think if some way, some how, we get pass the Eagles. I think the Giants are going to the SB. I think a second go round against the Bears, Saints, Seattle will be to our advantage.

Out of all the teams that made it to the playoffs in the NFC. Only the Eagles scare me the most....They just know our weakness to well. I really think if some way, some how, we get pass the Eagles. I think the Giants are going to the SB. I think a second go round against the Bears, Saints, Seattle will be to our advantage.

They know us well and we know them well. When John Fox was our DC, our games always came down to the wire... great defensive games. Now both teams' D isn't as good and their coaching staff is devising better game plans than ours.

I suggest the Giants contact John Fox and have him come work for us this week. His mission: Devise a game plan against the Eagles. (hell I don't see why not. If I was in the Giants FO, I'd pick up the phone and call the guy).

The saints will murder us if we play them again.

The same Saints who lost 6 games this season? The ones who lost to Washington? Any team is beatable. It's a matter of having the right game plan as I stated above.

They know us well and we know them well. When John Fox was our DC, our games always came down to the wire... great defensive games. Now both teams' D isn't as good and their coaching staff is devising better game plans than ours.

I suggest the Giants contact John Fox and have him come work for us this week. His mission: Devise a game plan against the Eagles. (hell I don't see why not. If I was in the Giants FO, I'd pick up the phone and call the guy).

The same Saints who lost 6 games this season? The ones who lost to Washington? Any team is beatable. It's a matter of having the right game plan as I stated above.

And we're the same Giants that have found ways to lose games every way imaginable this year.

And we're the same Giants that have found ways to lose games every way imaginable this year.

and years past. Minnesota and 49ers come to mind. But I think the formula is keep our D off the field. obviously im stating the basics... ball control.. wear out their D.. etc. but our Defense looks lost there.. QBs get all the time they need to find an open receiver and there's always a reciever wide the fuck open.

Didn't the Giants keep records of John Fox's schemes?

Didn't the Giants keep records of John Fox's schemes?

Fassel showed up to his apartment one evening wearing bell bottom pants and a collared shirt open way to low and intimidated him with his "Playoff Guarantee" move, forcing Fox to turn over his magic scheme book. Being an offensive minded coach, Fassel couldn't handle the defensive brilliance and burned the book.

The formula for victory is obvious, get the ground game going to keep the Eagles off the field. The Eagles will be looking for this, so Gilbride will need to find a way to get Jacobs more involved in the game, and also to force the Eagles defenders to respect the playaction pass. Get some quick WR screen passes out to Plax and Moss...but don't leave them out there 1 v 1 with a DB who will force them outta bounds quickly. Motion Shockey to the slot and have a blocker out there...this will draw an LB or safety out of the box giving the ground game some relief.