SportsWrath

Coughlin

Lughead

you really think Scott Pioli is going to come in here and be happy to keep Tom Coughlin as head coach?

Let me tell you what's going to happen. We're going to go to washington this saturday and get our asses handed to us and Coughlin will be fired that week. We'll get a new GM and that guy will chose our new coach.

I will dance in the streets when i hear the news too.

you really think Scott Pioli is going to come in here and be happy to keep Tom Coughlin as head coach?

Let me tell you what's going to happen. We're going to go to washington this saturday and get our asses handed to us and Coughlin will be fired that week. We'll get a new GM and that guy will chose our new coach.

I will dance in the streets when i hear the news too.

let's hope you're right

Its like you guys dont know the Giants at all. Coughlin will be here for at least the next 2 years.

i know where you're coming from, but the recent media/fan backlash is really getting loud, almost too loud to ignore. we can dream can't we? :cwy:

i know where you're coming from, but the recent media/fan backlash is really getting loud, almost too loud to ignore. we can dream can't we? :cwy:

This team would have to be owned by Helen Keller for them not to hear the complaints by players, fans, and press.

I'd be really surprised if they didn't shit-can Coughlin at this point.

The Giants Org is not one to go by knee jerk reactions of fans or the media. I just hate to see everyone get there hopes up, when there is zero chance Coughlin gets fired this season.

I agree that the number of people calling for his head far exceeds the chances he's actually let go, especially considering what head coaches become available this year compared to what head coaches become available next year. And nobody is going to accept a one year gig.

The Giants Org is not one to go by knee jerk reactions of fans or the media. I just hate to see everyone get there hopes up, when there is zero chance Coughlin gets fired this season.

how is this a knee jerk reaction? we're a super bowl caliber roster with a 7-8 record. if we lose the washington game then coughlin will have two out of 3 seasons where we finished up 1-7. this is all unacceptable. is the ownership old fashioned? yes. zero chance? i think that's an exaggeration

I don't see anything in that article that suggests he's safe. To the contrary, the story has been (and it even says so in the article) that he was safe barring a total collapse. Remember, this story started circulating about 4 weeks ago, before they'd totally collapsed. I don't think he's safe at all, and I don't even think he'll be safe with a win this weekend. I think management has to realize he's lost the team.