SportsWrath

Dockery

gateb

if he was so good why did he get moved to the slot after halftime?

I believe Midas it was more of a matchup issue. Carter is bigger than Smith or Keyshawn and the throw that Weinke made for the TD was a well thrown ball but it might have been less effective if there had been a bigger corner. That's just my opinion.

One thing about Dockery is that he shows the ability to reason out when to go for the ball for a runback, or pass deflection ...and he does not play 15 yards off of his guy. Now he may not be All-World ... but he is better in my opinion than most of the Giants starters in the secondary.

Well I may be partial since I have seen Dockery play for MS State the three years prior to joining the Giants but I think you have a good, solid CB there. He plays tight and smart. He may never make the pro-bowl but he won't make many mistakes. I don't think you can ask for much more in this league.

GO STATE!

Well I may be partial since I have seen Dockery play for MS State the three years prior to joining the Giants but I think you have a good, solid CB there. He plays tight and smart. He may never make the pro-bowl but he won't make many mistakes. I don't think you can ask for much more in this league.

GO STATE!

Yes I agree with you. You can actually see how different he plays from the other DB's back there in that he plays tight, is not afraid of being beat deep and understands what the offense is trying to attempt by knowing the down and distance to go for a first. He can only get better as he matures.

I just like the fact that he was step for step with Carter and every play. I know he gave up two long plays, but he had pefect coverage on those plays. i think we may have a winner.

Yeah...you can just see that he has the skills to play. Dick Lynch often talks about a DB having a knowledge of the game in front of you..knowing the down and distance to go...which quarter is it...how much time is left...all of these things factor in the difference between a good DB and a mediocre to lousy one. If it is 1 and goal on the 8 yard line you cannot give a 10-15 yard cushion because you are already conceding the touchdown. Also your objective is to pass defense and not go for the interception unless the receiver is setting up to catch outside of the endzone and you have safety help over the top to tackle the guy in case you miss and the receiver catches it. And if it is 3 and 20 on his side of the field you can play a little looser and your objective should be in attempting to get a big play like a runback interception for a TD. Dockery has shown that he can think out there after only a few games...whereas Webster is still playing the same way all over the field with his 10-15 yard cushions. Bad coaching and not enough football knowledge for the player.

Yea, "Ever had" was a bold statment., but it has been a long time.

It is both sad and pathetic...when we drafted the two Wil's, supposedly we were set for the next ten years. One was always hurt and the other one could not hold onto the ball if he had two vats of Lester Hayes' special "Stick'um" on his hands.