SportsWrath

My explanation of Kiwanuka's mistake

YankeeClipper

I believe that Kiwi went to tackle Vince... Thought he threw the ball and did not want to continue tackling because of the way the NFL is creating the league into a two-hand touch game not allowing any hits on the QB...I dont think Kiwi is a quitter, I think he just did not want to risk a roughing the passer penalty that they give out these days like fucking candy...

I believe that Kiwi went to tackle Vince... Thought he threw the ball and did not want to continue tackling because of the way the NFL is creating the league into a two-hand touch game not allowing any hits on the QB...I dont think Kiwi is a quitter, I think he just did not want to risk a roughing the passer penalty that they give out these days like fucking candy...

Those were my thoughts, exactly. It's like, if he lets him go, the play goes on. If he tries to take him to the ground, the whistle blows immediately and he then gets called for roughing. We're so gun-shy at this point, but a lot of it is self-inflicted.

I agree he did not want a 15 ysrder for making a tackle... At the same time he should know that the fucker had the ball in his hands still

Not blaming it all on Kiwi, he'll be good. But he just should have held onto him. And, if it comes to it, pick the motherfucker off the ground and smash him to the turf and take the 15 yard penalty.

What good would the 15 yard penalty do.

I thought he acted like he heard a whistle blow all the Giants seemed to relax at the same time as Kiwa did the one that had the chance after that was demps and he was left in the dust :TD:

That is why when both of our bookends went down my guts turned to jelly. Because you had two guys with at least 15 or more years of game experience between them and one thing you can say for Strahan is that he always finishes his plays. This is the one time I would have accepted a roughing penalty. But something has to give with this roughing the passer shit. Either bring the in the grasp rule back, or take the dresses off and let these bastards get drilled like football players. These fucking elite owners who never played the game are fucking it up with all of their pansy competition committee rules changes.

I agree he did not want a 15 ysrder for making a tackle... At the same time he should know that the fucker had the ball in his hands still

Exactly. While I understood what went throw his mind, there's no fucking excuse for not using his eyes to see where the ball is. Wtf, these people play with no passion.. no common sense even.

Exactly. While I understood what went throw his mind, there's no fucking excuse for not using his eyes to see where the ball is. Wtf, these people play with no passion.. no common sense even.

I don't understand what a pass rusher is supposed to do. If he keeps his head up, he gets called for hitting the QB with his head, helmet to helmet etc., if he puts his head down and drives through the QB's waist, like Kiwi did, he has to have some kind of freak back of the head vision to know if the QB threw the ball. If the QB didn't throw the ball he has to place the QB on the turf like a girl on a bed of roses then politely appologise for hurting his feelings and return to the huddle, making sure he doesn't celebrate a good play. If he did throw the ball, he has to let go of the QB exactly as he did.

That was a lose lose situation for Kiwi once his head was at Young's hip to make the "tackle". The league needs to fix this rule. :furious:

Although I agree that Kiwi played that play keping in mnd the pussiness that the league has incorporated into the QB position, but my question is is that if he is smart enough to know that you cannot treat the Qb like a RB, WR or TE how come stupid ass Frank Walker does not know the same thing? :confused:

Mind boggling play and quite frankly still could have been rectified had Will Demps simply made a tackle, something a safety is supposed to do in that spot :furious:

Although I agree that Kiwi played that play keping in mnd the pussiness that the league has incorporated into the QB position, but my question is is that if he is smart enough to know that you cannot treat the Qb like a RB, WR or TE how come stupid ass Frank Walker does not know the same thing? :confused:

Mind boggling play and quite frankly still could have been rectified had Will Demps simply made a tackle, something a safety is supposed to do in that spot :furious:

demps shows terrible tackling form time and again. never wraps his arms and takes bad angles to the ball.

Exactly....if Demps makes the tackle we chalk this up as a simple rookie mistake. Also a good statement on how a rookie can have a certain understanding compared to a veteran of a certain number of years and the rookie has a better idea of what to do in that type of situation. :doh: Demps comes from the big hit school of tackling ...if I hit him then he should automatically fall down, asshole you have to hit him and wrap up because without the wrapup the RB or WR has a chance to right himself and continue on with the play. Hit + Wrapup leads to imbalance resulting in a tackle.