SportsWrath

We're in for trouble..

so-cal dub

I've been thinking the same thing.

That said though, the Tampa defense rolled over and was leaving receivers wide open all afternoon. There were a couple nice throws I saw from Romo, and he does give his receivers more time to get open, but the Tampa defense was leaving huge holes.

I think Romo's going to be a star but keep in mind this is a QB who has started 5 games in his career. No matter how great the QB, all young ones faltered at some point. Hopefully that day will come against us, in 18 degree weather with heavy snow :TU:

I was noting how he played compared to Eli.

Romo seems to have more mobility, a quicker release, and the ability to throw on the run. He also seems to be making pretty good decisions with the ball. He seems to have average mechanics, but a quick release. I'd say they both have average arm strength.

I can't really find an area where Eli outshines him, at this respective points in their careers. Eli seems to have a slow release, average arm strength, makes dumb decisions (over and over again) and bad mechanics (the latter two areas is where he was really supposed to have a leg up on Rivers and Roethlisberger).

Romo seems to have more mobility, a quicker release, and the ability to throw on the run. He also seems to be making pretty good decisions with the ball. He seems to have average mechanics, but a quick release. I'd say they both have average arm strength.

I can't really find an area where Eli outshines him, at this respective points in their careers. Eli seems to have a slow release, average arm strength, makes dumb decisions (over and over again) and bad mechanics (the latter two areas is where he was really supposed to have a leg up on Rivers and Roethlisberger).

Romo is exceptional at making throws with touch.

I'm not taking away anything from Romo but I'm not jumping ship on Eli either. Eli has a half-effort receiver in Plax and lost his 2nd receiver for the season. And now he's not been getting hte protecion he needs. All we have to do is take care of business against the Titans Sunday. Then hopefully have most of our injured plyers back by the time the cowboys come to town.

Well, the crazy thing about Romo is how he's playing with a line that was highly criticized coming into this year. So either he's that good or the line has really stepped up. Romo had all day to throw, and got the ball where it needed to be. 22 for 29 for 306 and 5 TD? That's no mistake. Plus the fact he's completing passes at over 70%. He looks more like the #1 pick then the #1 pick does. So much for "learning" on the job huh Eli?

Romo is great, Romo is great, you will be hearing this shit untill he blows up, and he will as soon as the pressure gets to him. Dallas offensive line is much better than it was at the begining of the year, and the giants have gone the other way. Dallas receivers are fast and they don't stop working to get open.

Romo is great, Romo is great, you will be hearing this shit untill he blows up, and he will as soon as the pressure gets to him. Dallas offensive line is much better than it was at the begining of the year, and the giants have gone the other way. Dallas receivers are fast and they don't stop working to get open.

I'm not sure if he's great. He's off to a great start, and he's played better than Eli since he's been in there. He'll come down to earth at some point, but if these last four weeks are any indication, he's gonna be a good one. Also, they've been rolling him out of the pocket pretty regularly, so it's easier for him to avoid the rush (good luck trying that with Eli).

My big problem is this: Eli has never, NEVER had a four game stretch like this. And seeing what we gave up to get this guy, and what the Cowboys gave up to get Romo, that pisses me off. :furious:

I'm not sure if he's great. He's off to a great start, and he's played better than Eli since he's been in there. He'll come down to earth at some point, but if these last four weeks are any indication, he's gonna be a good one. Also, they've been rolling him out of the pocket pretty regularly, so it's easier for him to avoid the rush (good luck trying that with Eli).

My big problem is this: Eli has never, NEVER had a four game stretch like this. And seeing what we gave up to get this guy, and what the Cowboys gave up to get Romo, that pisses me off. :furious:

NO your big problem is you don't like Eli and never have. Eli has had nothing but negative press and a lot of so called fan reaction when he does not play well, and the reason why is the way he was drafted (like Elway) half the team is hurt, he gets fucked up plays given to him except when they are in no huddle where he calls the plays. His favorite receiver is out (in my opinion the best on the team) he had a good record last year a winning record so far this year with a beat up team.

Man, I HATE to say it... hate it, hate it, HATE IT... but Romo is for real.

And Eli sucks.

We're in some trouble... we're gonna have to play this guy for at least the next four years.

Eli doesn't suck. His supporting staff are less supportive.

And I'm not worried about Romo. We just have to shore up our D and get it to play like Giants D is supposed to play... John Fox era. Our D is missing half of its team and if there's one guy that I think should be cut in the offseason, its Emmons. I can't stand his underachieving ass.

I've been thinking the same thing.

That said though, the Tampa defense rolled over and was leaving receivers wide open all afternoon. There were a couple nice throws I saw from Romo, and he does give his receivers more time to get open, but the Tampa defense was leaving huge holes.

Wow, reminds me of this Giants defense (#47 and #23). Those two guys come to mind when we talk about open recievers.

:P

NO your big problem is you don't like Eli and never have. Eli has had nothing but negative press and a lot of so called fan reaction when he does not play well, and the reason why is the way he was drafted (like Elway) half the team is hurt, he gets fucked up plays given to him except when they are in no huddle where he calls the plays. His favorite receiver is out (in my opinion the best on the team) he had a good record last year a winning record so far this year with a beat up team.

I've loved and supported Eli till this past week. I've defended him a hundred times to my Eagles and Cowboys pals. I've just gotten off the bandwagon.

And he's gotten great press when he's played great, but this is New York... if you're a bum of a first-round pick, expect to get run out on a rail (ask Cedric Jones, Ron Dayne, et. al. about that). If you're a first rounder, you had better produce in this town.

If you're a first-round QB, who refused to play in another city, who New York had to give up three picks to acquire... man... you had better be better than average. And Eli doesn't even look to be average right now.

i still can't believe they bounced back from that washington loss

Yeah I thought they would continue to tank, even after that Carolina win. Thought they caught lightning in a bottle on that one. But all is not lost. I am still not sold on the resurrection of the Cowboys just yet. Its still wait and see for me.