SportsWrath

13 running plays

GorillaNJ

Know whats funny? Yesterday before the game I said with our situation, LT out, second WR out, banged up defense, etc, we'd top our season high of number of carries. I was sure we'd have 40 or more carries, and we have 13.

Can these coaches really be this bad? I mean, maybe i am totally off on the running thing, but how do you come up with our game plan and decide to throw every play with our injuries. Right now our 2 best players on the team and playing are Tiki Barber and Brandon jacobs. This is getting rediculous.

Guys, the Jags shut down our running game. Common sense tells me when this happens, you spread 'em out to relax their D a little. We did spread 'em out.. with like 3 minutes remaining in the fucking game.

How many of our receivers got open? How many created seperation? And when they did, Eli got them the ball.. granted he was under duress... and when he got them the ball, they dropped it.. or when they caught it they caughed it up. Pin this one on the coaches for not going to spread offense early in the game when our running game was shut down.

Guys, the Jags shut down our running game. Common sense tells me when this happens, you spread 'em out to relax their D a little. We did spread 'em out.. with like 3 minutes remaining in the fucking game.

How many of our receivers got open? How many created seperation? And when they did, Eli got them the ball.. granted he was under duress... and when he got them the ball, they dropped it.. or when they caught it they caughed it up. Pin this one on the coaches for not going to spread offense early in the game when our running game was shut down.

They did not shut anything down, the Giants did not even try to establish the run. First play of the game was a run, out of a running formation. From then on it was a passing minded offense

:furious: This game was within 10 points until the last 5 minutes and the Giants only ran the ball 13 fucking times?

Only two "Drives" over 3 minutes... and 5 under a minute and a half?

Has a team Ever won a game like that? I doubt it.

Maybe the reason reason was THEY COULDN"T RUN!!!!

Maybe the reason reason was THEY COULDN"T RUN!!!!

And you made this brilliant annalysis based on 13 rushes? How about the Bears game in which they ran 21 times and did very well doing so.

Running controls the clock, even when it is ineffective. Sonner or later, a back like Tiki will break one, that helps to swing the momentum. Running Jacobs would punish the defense and wear them out.

They did not shut anything down, the Giants did not even try to establish the run. First play of the game was a run, out of a running formation. From then on it was a passing minded offense

this is correct, we are increasingly beginning drives and series of downs with passing plays. i HATE passing on first down

I'm glad that I am not the only one who thinks the play calling is retarded at best. You could make a case for the Jags game that Tiki was shutdown (although it is really hard to get in a rhythm with 10 carries) but the Bears game was a major fuck up. Tiki was averaging like 5 yards a carry (even without the big run) and he still only gets 19 carries. :confused: Hell Jones got 30 with only 113 yards (3.7 yards per attempt); that's probably why the Bears are 9-1. Fucking ridiculous. If Tiki is tired then give Jacobs the other 10+ carries. I think that if your sitting at home and you wonder what is going on with the play calling then there is a serious coaching issues. <_<

Also on a side note I am not usually a huge Shockey fan but at least he gives a shit. It was nice to see somebody care about the pitiful O's performance.

And you made this brilliant annalysis based on 13 rushes? How about the Bears game in which they ran 21 times and did very well doing so.

Running controls the clock, even when it is ineffective. Sonner or later, a back like Tiki will break one, that helps to swing the momentum. Running Jacobs would punish the defense and wear them out.

Then you didn't watch the same game I saw. Every time Jacobs ran the ball he was STUFFED. Remember the 3rd and 1. Thats why Eli needed to step it up. THE RUNNING GAME WAS STOPPED COLD!!!!!!!!

Then you didn't watch the same game I saw. Every time Jacobs ran the ball he was STUFFED. Remember the 3rd and 1. Thats why Eli needed to step it up. THE RUNNING GAME WAS STOPPED COLD!!!!!!!!

Jacobs had 3 carries..... Tiki had 10.... You think that the running game should be abandoned? We should change your name to HuffJEEPenangle

Why do these people not understand someone with a vast knowlege of football.

Because someone who claims to have a vast knowledge of football doesn't even recognize when he is asking a question and properly puncuates it?

Here is a better question: Why is it that someone with a vast knowledge of football doesn't see that when we rush the ball more than 20 times we win, and if we rush less than 20 we lose, regardless of YPC? It is about keeping a defense honest and getting a rythem. 10 carries for your pro bowl RB is not giving him even a chance to get a rythem and open up the game.

Because someone who claims to have a vast knowledge of football doesn't even recognize when he is asking a question and properly puncuates it?

Here is a better question: Why is it that someone with a vast knowledge of football doesn't see that when we rush the ball more than 20 times we win, and if we rush less than 20 we lose, regardless of YPC? It is about keeping a defense honest and getting a rythem. 10 carries for your pro bowl RB is not giving him even a chance to get a rythem and open up the game.

OK, I will try again. If you look at the games where we rush 20 or more times a game, you will notice that we are gaining more then 1 or 2 yards per carry. When the ground game is working, you keep on running. when it is not, you have to STOP. Monday night was a perfect example. Tiki had no where to run. DITTO Jacobs. They stopped the run cold and made MANNING throw the ball. And the way manning looked, it was the perfect plan. In other words. THEY WATCHED THE BEARS GAME!!!! :furious:

OK, I will try again. If you look at the games where we rush 20 or more times a game, you will notice that we are gaining more then 1 or 2 yards per carry. When the ground game is working, you keep on running. when it is not, you have to STOP. Monday night was a perfect example. Tiki had no where to run. DITTO Jacobs. They stopped the run cold and made MANNING throw the ball. And the way manning looked, it was the perfect plan. In other words. THEY WATCHED THE BEARS GAME!!!! :furious:

You cannot run the ball 13 times and expect to win, I don't care about the YPC, I don't care if they had 25 carries for 26 yards instead of 13 for 26. You pound the rock if you have running room or not, you do not abandone the run in hopes of beating a team that is a bette5r pass defense anyway and now does not have to repect the run. They should have went to 2 back sets and ran counters and Jacobs in the middle.

Your vast knowledge of the football isn't so fast, but i will say you have as much knowledge as Huff and TC.

So they tried your way, they gave up on the run after the first half and then they got shat on..... Great Game Plan :TU:

So they tried your way, they gave up on the run after the first half and then they got shat on..... Great Game Plan :TU:

:clap:

BigJeep: Great gameplan kid. Can we put the blame on your shoulders now?

Let us not forget, the passing game wasn't working either. Perhaps we should've given up on that as well and just punted the ball on first down.

It's so sad how bad this OC is. Why hasn't Coughlin taken over the play calling?

Tiki was the leading rusher and he gets 13 carries

Manning has been playing horrible and he throws 40+ times (AGAIN)

The Hurry Up offense works so well for Manning and we go away from it.

Horribly predictable play calling

No trick plays to catch the D off guard (I'm not a huge fan of trick plays but when your team is playing shitty, a trick play could spark something)

One thing the coach did well was manage his challenges (Yeah they were pretty easy challenges) but I wanna give coughlin some credit.

Please EA or ANYONE above the coaching staff FIRE HUFFNAGLE PLEASE!!!

Maybe if we had a Quarterback that could throw the ball reasonably well [ at least as well as ROMO ], we wouldn't have to run the ball 20 to 30 times to gain 20 yards. This is a no brainer. Monday morning Arm Chair quarterbacks are always right. We didn't throw the ball enough or we didn't run the ball enough. Your choice. PLayers come and go, but the Giants will always be here. :)