SportsWrath

The Reason Tiki is Retiring

jerseygiantfan

NFL Rumors & Notes

Tiki Barber's wife was the catalyst behind the Giants star's decision to hang up his helmet. A longtime friend of Barber says she made him afraid he'd suffer a catastrophic injury that would turn him into a lousy dad. The 205-pound running back is heading for the broadcasting booth at age 31 because Ginny Barber has been "nagging him for a long time - and with others present - that he'd better retire before he has a crippling injury," Barber's friend says. If that happened, Ginny told him, "he couldn't participate in raising his children."

Posted November 02, by Ben Maller

That bitch! :furious:

NFL Rumors & Notes

Tiki Barber's wife was the catalyst behind the Giants star's decision to hang up his helmet. A longtime friend of Barber says she made him afraid he'd suffer a catastrophic injury that would turn him into a lousy dad. The 205-pound running back is heading for the broadcasting booth at age 31 because Ginny Barber has been "nagging him for a long time - and with others present - that he'd better retire before he has a crippling injury," Barber's friend says. If that happened, Ginny told him, "he couldn't participate in raising his children."

Posted November 02, by Ben Maller

That bitch! :furious:

Can't really say it isn't true, she sounds like a nag but she has a point.

She does have a point. Tiki is not a really big guy and he gets a lot of carries. Ever see Earl Campbell these days ? he can barely walk. He should just ask TC if Brandon Jacobs can split the load with him next year.

He needs to play one more year!

I wishe he would, but family comes first. The only thing that bothers me is I get the feeling Tiki doesn't desire to play anymore. He's still a great RB, but i can't rule out that he's simply keeping up his rep for his future. oh well, itstill helps us this year.

I wishe he would, but family comes first. The only thing that bothers me is I get the feeling Tiki doesn't desire to play anymore. He's still a great RB, but i can't rule out that he's simply keeping up his rep for his future. oh well, itstill helps us this year.

Yeah that's the difference between him and his brother.....Tiki is a better player but wants to quit and Ronde said he won't leave til the kick him out.

Yeah that's the difference between him and his brother.....Tiki is a better player but wants to quit and Ronde said he won't leave til the kick him out.

Fair to say the body of a CB takes far less punishment than that of a running back. On a different note, the running game isn't only about the running back. It's about the offensive line. a running back is only as good as his OL is.

Yep, i loved tiki from when he played for UVA and was ecstatic when we drafted him, but in all honesty, I'm kinda dissappointed in him. not so much retiring early, but he just doesn't have a desire to play anymore.

I watched Inside NFL last night and she was up there with the Barber mother. Mrs. Tiki did not look happy at all watching the game. I could see her feeling that way. And, she's hot enough for him to want to appease her.

is she Japanese or Chinese? I haven't seen to many pictures of her, but she defiantaly looks Asian

Can't really say it isn't true, she sounds like a nag but she has a point.

She does have a point. Tiki is not a really big guy and he gets a lot of carries. Ever see Earl Campbell these days ? he can barely walk. He should just ask TC if Brandon Jacobs can split the load with him next year.

no she doesn't...I know a guy who lost his leg in a car accident and is raising his 4 kids just fine. By the time Tiki is un able to "Walk" he kids will probably be playing football in the NFL.. I think its a poor reason and I for one don't think its true.

Tiki has other plans and ideas on what he want to do with his life. He doesn't see himself as a football player anymore and its perfectly fine.

no she doesn't...I know a guy who lost his leg in a car accident and is raising his 4 kids just fine. By the time Tiki is un able to "Walk" he kids will probably be playing football in the NFL.. I think its a poor reason and I for one don't think its true.

Tiki has other plans and ideas on what he want to do with his life. He doesn't see himself as a football player anymore and its perfectly fine.

Ofcourse he has other things in mind and he doesn't wanna play amymore. But from the wifes side of things, 1 bad hit and her husband could be paralized for life or even dead.

:huh: