SportsWrath

Damn we are pretty banged up...

NYSportsInFL

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Giants receiver Plaxico Burress left practice early Wednesday with back spasms and has been listed as probable for the Texans game.

Also listed as probable for Sunday's game are fullback Jim Finn (ankle), receiver Amani Toomer (ankle) and cornerbacks Corey Webster (back) and Frank Walker (hamstring).

Defensive end Osi Umenyiora (hip flexor), linebacker Brandon Short (quad), cornerback Sam Madison (hamstring) and wide receiver David Tyree (ankle) are questionable and defensive end Justin Tuck (foot) and receiver Sinorice Moss (quad) are doubtful.

Only Walker practiced on Wednesday.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Giants receiver Plaxico Burress left practice early Wednesday with back spasms and has been listed as probable for the Texans game.

Also listed as probable for Sunday's game are fullback Jim Finn (ankle), receiver Amani Toomer (ankle) and cornerbacks Corey Webster (back) and Frank Walker (hamstring).

Defensive end Osi Umenyiora (hip flexor), linebacker Brandon Short (quad), cornerback Sam Madison (hamstring) and wide receiver David Tyree (ankle) are questionable and defensive end Justin Tuck (foot) and receiver Sinorice Moss (quad) are doubtful.

I don't mean to sound Fab Four-esque but when is Moss going to see the field? I think he has only suited up for one game so far, or am I wrong?

I don't think all of the guys listed above will miss this next game. Some maybe rested to get ready for the Bears and let their injuries heal of course. Moss hasn't been needed as Carter is mannign the 3rd slot.

Plax was listed as probably for last week and played well. I'm not concerned there. Same with all the other probables. I really feel that Osi, Short, Madison, and probably even Tyree would all be playing if it were a division rival or a big game.

I've read rumors they're talking IR for Moss.

Well, if you're going to be dinged up, this is the game to be dinged up. Osi, Short, and Tuck kind of fall into that "no shit" category, and Moss--is that a surprise? Actually, Osi and Short actually being "questionable" is an upgrade, isn't it?

Toomer will play. I don't know how effective Burress will be, though.

The thing that's making me nervous is that too many of our CBs are going to be playing hurt. We're going to have to hope that Carr spends a lot of time looking at the NJ sky.

Great, 2003, 2004 all over again... :TD:

Nah. If it were like those years, all these guys would be on IR.

to be honest .... we are not banged up at all

ok we lost LA ( sad , but not a disaster )

all of the guys mentioned will be back in 2 or 3 weeks , we dont have a long list on IR

we still have a lot of depth ( IMO )

if we lost Tiki , Eli , Plax , AP , Strahan ...... then we would have problems .... but we dont

by week 9 you cant avoid having minor injuries

i think are team looks strong and there is nothing to worry about

GO Gmen

I hate to sound pessimistic, but our depth is our strength, and we're slowly losing it.

You are pessimistic. Every team by this time of the year has injuries. And those injuries we have don't take months to heal. Osi can be back against the Texans but will probably rest and get ready for the Bears. Plax and Toomer are just precautionary... they miss practice.. not games.

We're fine.

wow can anyone imagine our cornerbacks being RW and dockery if those players cant play. We need a good secondary this week or we will not win. Houston has a good passing game and some GREAT recievers.