SportsWrath

Will New Year's Day in the Meadowlands matter?

BadEgg

Last week I had the Cowboys beating Tampa and the Giants beating the Skins. I never thought the Giants would lose that one, but I did think that the Jets would beat the Giants. I though the Cowboys would beat the Eagles and it would come down to New Years day.

But now, I have no idea what the Cowboys will do against Philly.

And I think Philly's destroying the Jets helps the Giants. I can't see the Jets feeling too confident after that beating. But they can't let the Jets slow the game down and keep the score low, like the Skins did.

But If I'm being honest, of the 3 NFC East teams, if one get's hot, I think the Eagles have the potential to do the most damage in the playoffs. But who knows.

That was basically what I was think BK, I really hate the fucking Eagles.

You do have to tip your hat to the Eagles a little bit. In the offseason, they did the most to try and improve their team. The Cowboys did not address the secondary and getting Rob Ryan, without more, is not enough. Meanwhile, the Giants probably could have done more with their LBs or O-line, no?

You do have to tip your hat to the Eagles a little bit. In the offseason, they did the most to try and improve their team. The Cowboys did not address the secondary and getting Rob Ryan, without more, is not enough. Meanwhile, the Giants probably could have done more with their LBs or O-line, no?

We fans have been Screaming about our LB core for years now. It's like they forgot there are 2 or three players on the field every down between the line and the secondary that need perform a function of stopping an offense also...

When your LB core is debilitated by the loss of a Johnathan Goff then something was really wrong to begin with

While I I do hate the Cowboys and the Eagles. I will be (Chokes back some Vomit) rooting for the Cowboys over the Eagles because if the fucking Eagles somehow take the division I might be suicidal

Agreed. Right now I hate the Eagles more than the Cowboys. If the Eagles somehow take the division... :atomic:

Absolutely. I wasn't impressed with the Oline group entering the season. The Lbers didn't seem as bad, but losing Goff and Sintim, particularly Goff, and then Boley being out a few weeks hurt a lot. Blackburn is no all-star but he is dependable, so I'm happy to see him back.

Frankly, if the Giants spent almost all their picks on LBers and Olineman, I wouldn't be upset.

While I I do hate the Cowboys and the Eagles. I will be (Chokes back some Vomit) rooting for the Cowboys over the Eagles because if the fucking Eagles somehow take the division I might be suicidal

Agreed. I'm pulling for the Cowboys to beat the Eagles, and obviously the Giants to beat the Jets.

I want that final game be for all the marbles, with no side-show bullshit; I'd be sick to my fucking stomach if the Eagles slide in there at 8-8.

Honestly, if the Giant lose to the Jets, and get knocked out of playoff contention, I'd rather see the Giants just roll over and take it in the ass the final week, and get #3 schedule and a better draft pick.

The only thing worse than a meaningless game would be a meaningless game that benefits the Eagles.

We fans have been Screaming about our LB core for years now. It's like they forgot there are 2 or three players on the field every down between the line and the secondary that need perform a function of stopping an offense also...

When your LB core is debilitated by the loss of a Johnathan Goff then something was really wrong to begin with

Reese has fucked up this roster, and the salary cap.... a bunch of overpaid underperformers have us in Free Agency Purgatory.

if anyone thinks either of these teams can compete with SF, GB or NO, they are sadly mistaken.

Eagles have the athletes to give those teams trouble. I hope they get in.

we beat sf at home. NO was bumped by seattle last year.

GB just lost to KC! anything can happen. obviously

if anyone thinks either of these teams can compete with SF, GB or NO, they are sadly mistaken.

The Eagles are best equipped to play with these teams. And I agree that SF,GB, and NO are all better than the NFC East.

But the Cowboys beat the 49ers and the Giants gave them trouble. Any team that can score and play some semblance of defense can give the 49ers trouble. I'm not sold on them because they beat Pitt. And what's laughable is that one commenator started throwing around the "E" word when writing about SF/Pitt. Yes, now SF is elite. They beat Pitt because the QB was hurt and Pitt was not very explosive on offense. The type of team that SF will match up well against.

I think teams will also be able to hang with GB with a little luck. Still not sold on running game and defense. But NO in NO is trouble.

The Eagles are best equipped to play with these teams. And I agree that SF,GB, and NO are all better than the NFC East.

But the Cowboys beat the 49ers and the Giants gave them trouble. Any team that can score and play some semblance of defense can give the 49ers trouble. I'm not sold on them because they beat Pitt. And what's laughable is that one commenator started throwing around the "E" word when writing about SF/Pitt. Yes, now SF is elite. They beat Pitt because the QB was hurt and Pitt was not very explosive on offense. The type of team that SF will match up well against.

I think teams will also be able to hang with GB with a little luck. Still not sold on running game and defense. But NO in NO is trouble.

Yea I'm pretty impressed with the 9ers going in. Remember they didn't have their best defensive player either. Probably the best defensive player in the league (at least one of ) in patrick willis. The defense is certainly Elite. So is their special teams. Their only problem is red zone scoring, which could be a pitfall.

Reese has fucked up this roster, and the salary cap.... a bunch of overpaid underperformers have us in Free Agency Purgatory.

Hindsight is 20/20... Reese was being praised a few weeks ago when the Eagles where in free fall and we were 6-2... to that.. Reese has done a good (not superb) but a good job... after this season it's actually easy to spot the weaknesses... those who play at an average level should get average pay (Canty)... I don't see the point of having Rolle and Ross on the roster one is a big mouth and the other just can't play... besides Web, T2, and Prince should do just fine at CB. Clearly Baas has been a bust...

I'm no GM but like I said it's very easy to spot the deadbeats this time around more than any other season I can remember... and for fuck's sake we need a PROVEN DC.. not some one season wonder... one trick pony if you will.

We competed with SF and GB just fine.... It's NO we just can't seem to beat.

Yea I'm pretty impressed with the 9ers going in. Remember they didn't have their best defensive player either. Probably the best defensive player in the league (at least one of ) in patrick willis. The defense is certainly Elite. So is their special teams. Their only problem is red zone scoring, which could be a pitfall.

Wasn't Patrick Willis on the trading block or FA this past offseason?

IMO Eagle are going to take the division. at 8-8 our division is a disgrace.

At 8-8, our division is highly competitive and in most division games, even the lower ranked team brings their A-game. As a result, we all beat the hell out of each other. I wouldn't call it a disgrace as much as I'd say that there's no clear leader this year.

IMO Eagle are going to take the division. at 8-8 our division is a disgrace.

If the Eagles get in I think they make a legitimate run.

But I don't know if I see the Jets beating the Giants anymore. Don't get me wrong, I would love for it to happen because the Cowboys could wrap it up Sat, but this is a game that the Giants should win.

If the Eagles get in I think they make a legitimate run.

But I don't know if I see the Jets beating the Giants anymore. Don't get me wrong, I would love for it to happen because the Cowboys could wrap it up Sat, but this is a game that the Giants should win.

Could say the same thing about Washington both times, Seattle, and the Philly loss.