SportsWrath

Will New Year's Day in the Meadowlands matter?

BadEgg

If the Eagles get in I think they make a legitimate run.

But I don't know if I see the Jets beating the Giants anymore. Don't get me wrong, I would love for it to happen because the Cowboys could wrap it up Sat, but this is a game that the Giants should win.

I don't think the eagles would stand a snowballs chance in hell against the Saints or the Pack. By a good run I assume you mean they play in the NFCC. If they play either the saints or the pack before the NFCC they will IMO lose. I don;t think they match up well vs either of these teams if by chance one of these teams gets knocked off early, then I would have to agree with a "deep" run.

As far as the Giants, this team is so erratic there is no way to gauge them. They seem to be a team that can be easily demoralized. The Eagles loss this year will never leave me, they where punked, and to me, once you get punked like that everyone knows your a pussy. A few int's or blown plays early and they fold. The whole play off scenario for this division is proof of how weak these teams are.

At 8-8, our division is highly competitive and in most division games, even the lower ranked team brings their A-game. As a result, we all beat the hell out of each other. I wouldn't call it a disgrace as much as I'd say that there's no clear leader this year.

the Giants got schooled by Washington last week. They got punked by Philly at home. To me a competitive game is like the Dallas game. If you think Washington brought their "A" game I could not disagree more. 8-8 doesn't mean that our division is highly competitive. These teams stink. being a leader with a .500 record is being the best of the worst. And even that is debatable.

Aside from the packers all division play is competitive as far as win loss records for prospective divisions. 9ers clinched with the same division record as the sea hawks, Saints clinched one division game ahead of Atlanta. The point is these teams already clinched the division with close records within the division. This sparks the age old argument of getting rid of the Division crown playoff bid and going by record.

Lets put this into perspective a little more the only wins Washington has this year is from the east. For me this is the nail in the coffin for the argument. A crappy team beating up only division rivals.

Let me stress here I like the face that one of our crappy division teams gets into the playoffs. But IMO there is no denying that there are other NFC teams that will not make it in that should over the Giants or whoever gets in from the NFC east. Just to throw one more log on that fire should the Giants have gotten in last year or should the seakawks? reminder they got in at 7-9.

the Giants got schooled by Washington last week. They got punked by Philly at home. To me a competitive game is like the Dallas game. If you think Washington brought their "A" game I could not disagree more. 8-8 doesn't mean that our division is highly competitive. These teams stink. being a leader with a .500 record is being the best of the worst. And even that is debatable.

Aside from the packers all division play is competitive as far as win loss records for prospective divisions. 9ers clinched with the same division record as the sea hawks, Saints clinched one division game ahead of Atlanta. The point is these teams already clinched the division with close records within the division. This sparks the age old argument of getting rid of the Division crown playoff bid and going by record.

Lets put this into perspective a little more the only wins Washington has this year is from the east. For me this is the nail in the coffin for the argument. A crappy team beating up only division rivals.

Let me stress here I like the face that one of our crappy division teams gets into the playoffs. But IMO there is no denying that there are other NFC teams that will not make it in that should over the Giants or whoever gets in from the NFC east. Just to throw one more log on that fire should the Giants have gotten in last year or should the seakawks? reminder they got in at 7-9.

I like the playoff system the way it is. I'm not in favor of changing the rules for the rare occurrance of what happened last year with Seattle.

My point about the NFC East was that we always play each other tough and that this year there is no clear cut leader in the division.

As far as the Giants, this team is so erratic there is no way to gauge them. They seem to be a team that can be easily demoralized. The Eagles loss this year will never leave me, they where punked, and to me, once you get punked like that everyone knows your a pussy. A few int's or blown plays early and they fold. The whole play off scenario for this division is proof of how weak these teams are.

Can't argue that. If the Jets win Saturday and Philly manages to knock off Dallas, the one thing we as fans will not have to worry about is the Giants beating Dallas, allowing the Eagles in through the back door. The team WILL mail it in.

I don't think the eagles would stand a snowballs chance in hell against the Saints or the Pack. By a good run I assume you mean they play in the NFCC. If they play either the saints or the pack before the NFCC they will IMO lose. I don;t think they match up well vs either of these teams if by chance one of these teams gets knocked off early, then I would have to agree with a "deep" run.As far as the Giants, this team is so erratic there is no way to gauge them. They seem to be a team that can be easily demoralized. The Eagles loss this year will never leave me, they where punked, and to me, once you get punked like that everyone knows your a pussy. A few int's or blown plays early and they fold. The whole play off scenario for this division is proof of how weak these teams are.

I don't know about that. I think the Eagles have just enough speed to keep up with the like of GB and NO if Vick plays well. I think between Vick's running and McCoy's running, they can slow it down if necessary and hold the ball.

I also think that they have just enough on defense to make life difficult for these teams, even more so for GB.

What struck me about their lopsided win against Dallas was not the fact that they scored 35 and held Dallas to 7. It was the way they did it. There defense didn't dominate the Cowboys. The Eagles offense held on to the ball for long periods of time, and never really gave the Cowboys offense a chance to get in any consistent rhythem.

With all that being said...

Detroit probably wins the Superbowl... ;)

I like the playoff system the way it is. I'm not in favor of changing the rules for the rare occurrance of what happened last year with Seattle.

My point about the NFC East was that we always play each other tough and that this year there is no clear cut leader in the division.

And my point was that if you compare most division head to head records they are very very comparable, when you look at win loss record over all they are not. Meaning 8-8 stinks no matter what your standing is in the division because of the aforementioned.

I don't know about that. I think the Eagles have just enough speed to keep up with the like of GB and NO if Vick plays well. I think between Vick's running and McCoy's running, they can slow it down if necessary and hold the ball.

I also think that they have just enough on defense to make life difficult for these teams, even more so for GB.

What struck me about their lopsided win against Dallas was not the fact that they scored 35 and held Dallas to 7. It was the way they did it. There defense didn't dominate the Cowboys. The Eagles offense held on to the ball for long periods of time, and never really gave the Cowboys offense a chance to get in any consistent rhythem.

With all that being said...

Detroit probably wins the Superbowl... ;)

Tim Tebow has a better QB rating then Vick. Vick maybe the most over rated QB I have even had the displeasure of watching. I don;t think you have seen enough of Philly this year. I have seen and or heard ever single game of theirs. They may compete with the Pack but I have little doubt that they will lose. i think if you did you would agree.

Hindsight is 20/20... Reese was being praised a few weeks ago when the Eagles where in free fall and we were 6-2... to that.. Reese has done a good (not superb) but a good job... after this season it's actually easy to spot the weaknesses... those who play at an average level should get average pay (Canty)... I don't see the point of having Rolle and Ross on the roster one is a big mouth and the other just can't play... besides Web, T2, and Prince should do just fine at CB. Clearly Baas has been a bust...

I'm no GM but like I said it's very easy to spot the deadbeats this time around more than any other season I can remember... and for fuck's sake we need a PROVEN DC.. not some one season wonder... one trick pony if you will.

Agree....

Egg,

Funny you bring this up, my old roommate texted me the other day and told me there are 16 combinations on who can win the East, Cowboys have 10, Giants have 5..Eagles have 1.

We then agreed if the Eagles got in, they'd be the last team you'd want to face in our opinion. They can run the ball, McCoy was probably the best back in the NFL this season and they can rush the passer.

But like you said, we'll end up seeing a Chargers vs. Lions Superbowl.