SportsWrath

Giants WR: The Miami Thing

mastershake

I think no sex is bad advice, sex is good for you. Assuming no STDs and what not.

But yeah, all that flying around, partying, and then preparation that was more about optics than actual preparation... it all adds up to something not good.

And this hasn't been mentioned, and I'm sure pro athletes are another story up to a point, but personally I get used to the summer, and then I get used to the winter. And in between, when we get a day that is wildly out of whack one way or the other, I really feel it.... the cold is extra cold, or the hot is extra hot, and when I'm not used to it, it takes more out of me.

So we get these guys in Florida, and a few days later they're in Green Bay. And I know I can't be the only one that noticed that a couple of those guys, Beckham in particular, were not handling the cold very well at all. Beckham obviously couldn't get his hands warm and it was causing him a lot of discomfort on the sidelines. Maybe had he spent all that week preparing for a cold weather game, he wouldn't have been so bothered.

Did they miss any practice that week?. What other preparation do you want here, spend the off day in Greenland?

Bro I played on soccer teams where coaches would forbid us from having sex for a week before an important game... we're not even talking about pro sports here... Flying to Miami, staying in the sun, partying, and flying back to NY... only to then fly to GB takes a toll on your body.... enough to make half a step behind... and messes up your focus... I do think it has a lot to do with it.

Imo the only thing that should've caused a problem was the multiple flights. That being said... losing DRC, getting lax on defense before the end of the 1st half (allowing them to take momentum), the OL being the OL, not being able to establish a running game, Trevin Wade being exposed again, the offense becoming completely stale after the first few drives, and Eli having about 200 passes batted down at the line also had a lot to do with why we lost as well.

Nobody gave them a chance. Everyone picked the packers. The spread was 5.5 and the money line was +210

They were talking almost every single day how NY had the best defense, didn't look like it to me that night. but I never fall for the shit anyway.