SportsWrath

Giants WR: The Miami Thing

mastershake

He also didn't post pics to social media...I don't mind the trip, but the pics drew the attention.

He also said they are things he probably shouldn't have done.... and to have a veteran who was on the trip is beyond stupid...

Seriously, this whole thing is beyond stupid. Why are we really giving a fuck about this. Beckham dropped 3 passes on a Sunday because he was on a boat on monday in miami. Explain the connection

There's a connection... hanging out in Miami.. in the sun... partying etc... takes a toll on your body... which can explain why ODB was an inch short on some of those catches...

Cruz is hanging with these guys to remain relevant.

Yes... as a veteran he should've put an end to the idea...

There's a connection... hanging out in Miami.. in the sun... partying etc... takes a toll on your body... which can explain why ODB was an inch short on some of those catches...

If there's anything he did before the game that directly negatively affected his performance, I'm guessing it was the pre-game shirtless warmup. Because that was fucking stupid.

If there's anything he did before the game that directly negatively affected his performance, I'm guessing it was the pre-game shirtless warmup. Because that was fucking stupid.

That too... There's something to be said about being in complete focus... almost like you don't even want to talk to anyone...

theres no connection imo. You just don't do stuff like this because the media has a field day with it and makes it a distraction like that year Tony romo went to Cabo. Those guys are young and will learn but Cruz should know better

It looks incredibly bad now...that's why you don't take pictures and gloat about it.

Yeah of all the things that have been said about the picture and the trip down there, this is the second truth of it. I understand why it was done and I'm sure this wasn't a first time thing but I think it will be the last. For a team that has just underperformed year after year to come out and win that many games was something to celebrate.

Odell is going to have one crazy ass party after the Giants win a super bowl. :D

theres no connection imo. You just don't do stuff like this because the media has a field day with it and makes it a distraction like that year Tony romo went to Cabo. Those guys are young and will learn but Cruz should know better

Bro I played on soccer teams where coaches would forbid us from having sex for a week before an important game... we're not even talking about pro sports here... Flying to Miami, staying in the sun, partying, and flying back to NY... only to then fly to GB takes a toll on your body.... enough to make half a step behind... and messes up your focus... I do think it has a lot to do with it.

Bro I played on soccer teams where coaches would forbid us from having sex for a week before an important game... we're not even talking about pro sports here... Flying to Miami, staying in the sun, partying, and flying back to NY... only to then fly to GB takes a toll on your body.... enough to make half a step behind... and messes up your focus... I do think it has a lot to do with it.

I think no sex is bad advice, sex is good for you. Assuming no STDs and what not.

But yeah, all that flying around, partying, and then preparation that was more about optics than actual preparation... it all adds up to something not good.

And this hasn't been mentioned, and I'm sure pro athletes are another story up to a point, but personally I get used to the summer, and then I get used to the winter. And in between, when we get a day that is wildly out of whack one way or the other, I really feel it.... the cold is extra cold, or the hot is extra hot, and when I'm not used to it, it takes more out of me.

So we get these guys in Florida, and a few days later they're in Green Bay. And I know I can't be the only one that noticed that a couple of those guys, Beckham in particular, were not handling the cold very well at all. Beckham obviously couldn't get his hands warm and it was causing him a lot of discomfort on the sidelines. Maybe had he spent all that week preparing for a cold weather game, he wouldn't have been so bothered.

I think no sex is bad advice, sex is good for you. Assuming no STDs and what not.

But yeah, all that flying around, partying, and then preparation that was more about optics than actual preparation... it all adds up to something not good.

And this hasn't been mentioned, and I'm sure pro athletes are another story up to a point, but personally I get used to the summer, and then I get used to the winter. And in between, when we get a day that is wildly out of whack one way or the other, I really feel it.... the cold is extra cold, or the hot is extra hot, and when I'm not used to it, it takes more out of me.

So we get these guys in Florida, and a few days later they're in Green Bay. And I know I can't be the only one that noticed that a couple of those guys, Beckham in particular, were not handling the cold very well at all. Beckham obviously couldn't get his hands warm and it was causing him a lot of discomfort on the sidelines. Maybe had he spent all that week preparing for a cold weather game, he wouldn't have been so bothered.

Yep.. stone hands.

It has no relevance at all. It happened six days before the game. They practiced all week, they were in shape. They did catch some passes, they just dropped more than usual. Get over it. We have no running game to balance our attack. For all the bitching about beckham, how many times was he double teamed sunday. The kid is a lot of things but i never see him not trying. Honestly when you read some of ths shit, some people are more outragef at this then him trying to take norman out last year