SportsWrath

Eli Manning wants to be highest-paid player in NFL

Nas

Throughout this entire episode - not once has Eli himself ever said he wants to be the highest paid player in the NFL. Anyone who starts negotiations will have to start there to be able to arrive at a fair number for both parties.

That being said, Eli is currently second to only Favre in games started continuously. That is something we just cannot afford to overlook. He has been solid as a rock back there while we can look to fix other more glaring problems in the team.

2) I don't think there is a QB out there more suited to handle pressure of NY and NY media more than him

3) He has taken worse teams than what Ben or Rivers and kept them competitive

4) The new offensive system is going to bear fruition this year for sure - provided the OL can provide at least minimal protection - plus he hasn't had a decent running game in ages!!!

5) He has been clutch as hell - yes, he has had those ugly 3 INTs per quarter type nonsense games and has shat the field on many occasions - but then again so did Favre.

He is our best option and he is going to finish his career in Big Blue. Pay the guy - the guaranteed money will obviously be the key. Plus - he has restructured multiple times already to be able to accommodate other players on the roster.

Art Stapleton @art_stapleton 2m2 minutes ago

Eli Manning: “The reports are all wrong. Never been said, never come out of my mouth, never said it to my agent.” #NYG #Giants

James Kratch @JamesKratch 4m4 minutes ago

Eli doesn't know where rumor came from. Says Tom Condon never set highest paid as goal either. #Giants

Dan Graziano @DanGrazianoESPN 3m3 minutes ago

Manning: "I don't compare myself to other quarterbacks that way, in terms of salaries."

Ebenezer Samuel @ebenezersamuel 4m4 minutes ago East Rutherford, NJ

Eli Manning suggested that whoever put report out there was "trying to make a name for himself."

Art Stapleton @art_stapleton 5m5 minutes ago

Manning says he got a voice mail from an upset Archie Manning regarding the report. #NYG #Giants

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 2m2 minutes ago

Eli Manning: “The reports are all wrong. Never been said, never come out of my mouth, never said it to my agent.” #NYG #Giants

James Kratch ‏@JamesKratch 4m4 minutes ago

Eli doesn't know where rumor came from. Says Tom Condon never set highest paid as goal either. #Giants

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 3m3 minutes ago

Manning: "I don't compare myself to other quarterbacks that way, in terms of salaries."

Ebenezer Samuel ‏@ebenezersamuel 4m4 minutes ago East Rutherford, NJ

Eli Manning suggested that whoever put report out there was "trying to make a name for himself."

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 5m5 minutes ago

Manning says he got a voice mail from an upset Archie Manning regarding the report. #NYG #Giants

Great, now he's grounded. :laugh:

Forgive me for being skeptical but I highly, highly doubt that he doesn't want to be the highest player in the NFL, and I highly, highly doubt that this fact was not conveyed to the Giants. If this were any other NFL player, this would reek of a planted media story to drum up media and NFL attention in the hopes to ramp up contract negotiations. It shouldn't be any different with Eli even if he says it is. I generally take that guy's word but in this particular case, I have little doubt that he or his agent have told the Giants that they want to get paid.

Forgive me for being skeptical but I highly, highly doubt that he doesn't want to be the highest player in the NFL, and I highly, highly doubt that this fact was not conveyed to the Giants. If this were any other NFL player, this would reek of a planted media story to drum up media and NFL attention in the hopes to ramp up contract negotiations. It shouldn't be any different with Eli even if he says it is. I generally take that guy's word but in this particular case, I have little doubt that he or his agent have told the Giants that they want to get paid.

It's probably semantics. Is Eli asking for more money than Rodgers etc.? Probably. Did he say the words "I want to be paid more than Rodgers" probably not.

It's probably semantics. Is Eli asking for more money than Rodgers etc.? Probably. Did he say the words "I want to be paid more than Rodgers" probably not.

This. I think Condon started out with the money being the highest, and media got some quote from some Giants' official. But it was never said, "I need to be the highest paid." The way I am taking this is the Giants are really trying to publicly let Eli know that expectations for this contract need to be lowered relative to past negotiations.