SportsWrath

The owner of the Angels guarentees a "Big Bat" next season

so-cal dub

...or maybe he's talking about Manny, since that makes a lot more sense than a guy who's universally hated by everyone who comes in contact with him.

They did mention manny, but said they want guys who can play the field, and wont quit. And they will lure A-rod back to short stop.

i heard figgins and weaver would be involved in any package for a-rod. personally i think the yanks are better off with weaver and figgins. when was the last time the yanks had a dominating young pitcher, and no one mention wang please, cuz by the time they both develop they'll be worlds apart

i heard figgins and weaver would be involved in any package for a-rod. personally i think the yanks are better off with weaver and figgins. when was the last time the yanks had a dominating young pitcher, and no one mention wang please, cuz by the time they both develop they'll be worlds apart

Shit yeah! I havent heard that one yet, but I totally agree with you.

unless a-rod turns it around in the postseason it's not going to get bette.r the a-rod new york situation will be even uglier next season and he's making a ton of money anyway. figgins would be a nice spark at the bottom of the linup and with him and melky on the team you can give damon more days off andlead off figgins and put mekly in center. and weaver's just gonna get better. the pads had the first pick the year verlander and weaver were drafted and i cursed the fact thatthey drafted a ss even though khalil greene had just broken out. whatahorrible horrible decision it was to not draft one ofthose two

unless a-rod turns it around in the postseason it's not going to get bette.r the a-rod new york situation will be even uglier next season and he's making a ton of money anyway. figgins would be a nice spark at the bottom of the linup and with him and melky on the team you can give damon more days off andlead off figgins and put mekly in center. and weaver's just gonna get better. the pads had the first pick the year verlander and weaver were drafted and i cursed the fact thatthey drafted a ss even though khalil greene had just broken out. whatahorrible horrible decision it was to not draft one ofthose two

I'm not totally sold on Weaver yet but being his age and what he's shown so far, you cant beat that deal. Plus Figgins is utillity, so you can put him wherever, except of catcher and pitcher. He would be a HUGE gain. If the Yanks dont win the Series this year, you can bet your ass Arod is leaving next year.

I still think the Nats are going to trade Soriano.

It'd be funny as hell if the Phillies refuse to give Ryan Howard more money and he gets traded eventually due to the disagreement between him and management.

Of course Sori's name came up too, but if Arty had his choice, he wants Arod.

They did mention manny, but said they want guys who can play the field, and wont quit. And they will lure A-rod back to short stop.

Yeah, we'll see whose trade value is higher this offseason. That is if the Sox want to trade Manny. We already know how the Yanks feel about ARod. Wonder why that is.

Yeah, we'll see whose trade value is higher this offseason. That is if the Sox want to trade Manny. We already know how the Yanks feel about ARod. Wonder why that is.

He cant handle the pressure of NY and he's like a fish out of water playing 3rd.

This is all rumors, though. Arty did say though he guarenteed the fans a "Big Bat" and word of mouth he wants Arod above all and would pursue him.Lets see if George lets him go. If some of these rumors are true, I think he will. Of course when you guarentee a big bat, every name gets thrown in the mix. We'll see.

He cant handle the pressure of NY and he's like a fish out of water playing 3rd.

This is all rumors, though. Arty did say though he guarenteed the fans a "Big Bat" and word of mouth he wants Arod above all and would pursue him.Lets see if George lets him go. If some of these rumors are true, I think he will. Of course when you guarentee a big bat, every name gets thrown in the mix. We'll see.

I was being sarcastic with the "wonder why that is" line. I don't buy the "fish out of water at 3B" thing. He was fine there last year, almost gold glove caliber. I don't think he'd be having any easier a time at SS this year. His head's not in the game.

Anyway, I would hope a team like the Angels would be smart enough to realize they have the upper hand in any trade involving ARod. I seriously doubt they'd give up Weaver and half their bullpen for him. These rumors tend to take on a life of their own once they get started.

I was being sarcastic with the "wonder why that is" line. I don't buy the "fish out of water at 3B" thing. He was fine there last year, almost gold glove caliber. I don't think he'd be having any easier a time at SS this year. His head's not in the game.

Anyway, I would hope a team like the Angels would be smart enough to realize they have the upper hand in any trade involving ARod. I seriously doubt they'd give up Weaver and half their bullpen for him. These rumors tend to take on a life of their own once they get started.

I was thinking the other way, that the Angels can't afford A-Rod without raping their team. I'm also thinking their big bat will be Bonds, or even Sheffield.