SportsWrath

Ortiz says he still should be considered for MVP

TheShocker

"but I'm not going to win it. They give it to [Rodriguez] one year, even though his team was in last place, so now they can't play that BS anymore, just because your team didn't make it. They gave it to Alex that year because of his numbers. But they always have a reason to vote for whatever, so that's why I don't worry about it."

i think he forgot the part where a-rod also won a gold glove at ss that year.

"but I'm not going to win it. They give it to [Rodriguez] one year, even though his team was in last place, so now they can't play that BS anymore, just because your team didn't make it. They gave it to Alex that year because of his numbers. But they always have a reason to vote for whatever, so that's why I don't worry about it."

i think he forgot the part where a-rod also won a gold glove at ss that year.

and there was nobody else worth consideration.

Sounds like a Red Sox player...next we'll hear that Manny doesn't want to play. Oh, wait...nevermind.

and there was nobody else worth consideration.

Sounds like a Red Sox player...next we'll hear that Manny doesn't want to play. Oh, wait...nevermind.

:o

Carlos Delgado was robbed of the MVP that year. He had a higher average (.302-.298), had 42 HR (A-Rod had 47), and had 145 RBI to A-Rod's 118. And Delgado's team didn't finish last.

Delgado received a few 8th place votes and was left off of one reporter's ballot. Something was definitely up. A-Rod must have bought that award that year.

Carlos Delgado was robbed of the MVP that year. He had a higher average (.302-.298), had 42 HR (A-Rod had 47), and had 145 RBI to A-Rod's 118. And Delgado's team didn't finish last.

Delgado received a few 8th place votes and was left off of one reporter's ballot. Something was definitely up. A-Rod must have bought that award that year.

you can do other things besides hit HRs to help a team, you know

is that the year he wasn't standing for god bless america?

Jeter's reaction:

A day after Ortiz said that Jeter should "come hit in this lineup, see how good you can be," Jeter responded succinctly yesterday.

"I don't have to do it in his lineup," he said. The captain shrugged when asked further about Ortiz's comments, saying, "I'm not thinking about the MVP right now. We're thinking about winning a division. We've still got something to play for."

He then added, "No one here's focused on individual awards."

.....Spoken like a true MVP. :clap::clap:

I'm saying he won GG at SS that year...

He deserved the Gold Glove, but he didn't deserve the MVP. I will never understand why he won it that year. I thought it was who's most valuable to his team. THEY FINISHED DEAD LAST. Where would they have been without A-Rod that year? You can only do better than last place, so how valuable was he to that team? :confused: