SportsWrath

Did you guys see this?

JerseyJint

EVENING UPDATE

Evening Update: For the first time in this camp, the Giants had more than a handful of players miss practice with injuries. The backup running backs were particularly hard hit. Derrick Ward broke the fifth metatarsal (the outside bone) in his foot. Brandon Jacobs had an irregular heartbeat and will undergo a stress test tomorrow. With Ward and Jacobs sidelined, punt and kickoff returner Chad Morton played a lot at running back and rookie free agent James Sims had his workload increased.

- Guard Chris Snee injured his knee early in practice and will undergo an MRI tomorrow.

- Linebacker Carlos Emmons (burner), tight end Visanthe Shiancoe (knee cyst), defensive tackle William Joseph (bruised leg), wide receiver Sinorice Moss (strained quad) and running back Little John Flowers (hamstring) did not practice.

- Linebacker Brandon Short and safety Will Demps, who are limited to one workout a day, and LaVar Arrington did not practice in the evening.

- With Emmons, Arrington and Short sidelined, Reggie Torbor and Chase Blackburn worked with the first team.

- The big play in the late practice was Corey Webster’s interception of a Manning pass intended for Jim Finn in a green zone drill. Had it been a game, Webster would have had a 95-yard touchdown.

- Today’s attendance of 3,510 was the largest non-scrimmage day crowd since July 24, 1996. The camp total is now 15,815.

:furious::furious::furious:

Injuries are part of the game including practice. I would be skeptical of these guys don't get injured. Hell I sprained too fingers yesterday at the beach after making an acrobatic catch (football)... does that mean I'm out for the season?

Guest MontyPython
Hell I sprained too fingers yesterday at the beach after making an acrobatic catch (football)... does that mean I'm out for the season?

we could all be so lucky!

;)

we could all be so lucky!

;)

haha... I'm just saying man. Those dings are pretty common. Yeah I pulled a muscle.. soooo? Yeah I so and so sprained his ankle.. soooooo? It's part of the job.

Several key players did not participate in the workout, most notably starting right guard Chris Snee and reserve running back Derrick Ward, who are the most seriously hurt and are out for an undetermined length of time. Snee has a knee injury suffered in yesterday’s practice and Ward has a fracture in his foot sustained while walking out of a meeting. He will undergo surgery tomorrow.

Also missing practice were linebacker LaVar Arrington (knee), defensive tackle William Joseph (leg), linebacker Carlos Emmons (burner), defensive end Adrian Awasom (back) and wide receiver Sinorice Moss (quad).

On the plus side, tight end Visanthe Shiancoe (knee) returned to practice. Running back Brandon Jacobs returned to practice, as did rookie back Little John Flowers.

“Last Friday we had, I think, two guys riding the bike on the side, and now we probably have six or eight,” Coughlin said. “It’s unfortunate – they’re part of this thing. Hopefully we’ll get them back as fast as they’re over there (not practicing). Shiancoe came back today. I hope we’ll get some more people back relatively soon, but we’ll see.”

It’s a mystery if one of those players will be Snee.

“That’s something I don’t know,” Coughlin said when asked how long he “presumed” Snee would be out. “They have to see how it responds to the treatment and see how fast we can get him back. It will take a little bit.

“The only update that I have right now is that they’re going to treat the knee at this point in time. They’re not going to recommend surgery.”

Snee started all 17 games last year at right guard and all 28 he has played since joining the Giants as a second-round draft choice in 2004. He was replaced on the first team by Rich Seubert, the starting left guard before suffering a devastating leg fracture in 2003.

From Giants.com

Ward out for a couple months, jacobs is practicing again i think, and snee is a couple days.

Even though Snee is probably our best and most promising lineman, i have no worries with rich seubart being inserted into his spot.

Ward out for a couple months, jacobs is practicing again i think, and snee is a couple days.

Even though Snee is probably our best and most promising lineman, i have no worries with rich seubart being inserted into his spot.

I'm not too worried about Snee. He'll probably miss a couple of weeks and maybe a couple of games but he knows the deal and missing practice time shouldn't be that big of a concern. Not to mention it's great having a guy like Seubert that can come right in.

I'm not too worried about Snee. He'll probably miss a couple of weeks and maybe a couple of games but he knows the deal and missing practice time shouldn't be that big of a concern. Not to mention it's great having a guy like Seubert that can come right in.

Right on. Come to think of it, we should feel lucky Snee has time to recover before the opener. Ward's injury though unfortunate isn't that big of deal since we still have Jacobs. And Suebert is very solid himself.

Can someone please enlighten me as to how someone fractures his fucking foot while going or coming from a meeting??

FUCK! These guys are supposed to take hits from monsters the schmucks go down while going to a meeting?? :confused:

Beats the hell out of me man.