SportsWrath

New kick off rule.

7 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

oh wow, that's actually a really good idea. I presume there will be special rules for on side attempts too. 

I believe no on side kick until the fourth quarter and your team has to be trailing, if I read correctly.

Other than that it's the same type of on side play. 

No fair catches anymore.  Kicks into endzone need downed.  Two differwnt touchbacks...if bouncing into endzone from in front and downed, it comes out to 20.  Kicks into endzone and downed come out to 30.  

This makes kicker a real position to invest back into now.

Sure you have a guy who can kick 90% but if he's giving the team back the ball on the 35 all the time it probably won't matter much.

Definitely going to see more returns...and will be interesting to see the strategy on the return side.

Kicking team doesn't wanna kick short of the 20...that comes out to the 40 same as kicking out of bounds.

Kicking team doesn't wanna blast it into or through the endzone...that touchback comes out to 30.

Kicking team ideally wants to bloop it with hang time down inside the 5...so it bounces into endzone or is returned.  If bouncing into endzone and touchbacked, comes out to the 20.  

That's pretty straightforward.  The return side is where we will see the creative plays because of the kicking team's desire to drop it inside the 20 but not endzone.