SportsWrath

So let it begin

JayD

36 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Thibs needs more weight and a second move.  The whole Strahan Process needs to occur for Thibs.

Definitely. And if I recall Strahan came out of college pretty lean himself and didn't put up great (double digit) sack numbers until year 5.

Even Tuck and Osi didn't really get going right away in years 1-2.

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Definitely. And if I recall Strahan came out of college pretty lean himself and didn't put up great (double digit) sack numbers until year 5.

Yeah, those guys didn't have redbull back then.   Red Bull gives you wiiiiiings.   :D

And stop being a Debbie Downer.    I want us to start 1-0.    

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

I like to set my expectations low so I'm never disappointed but potentially pleasantly delighted.

Also my approach.  I call it being realistic.  That said, I think.we are perfectly capable of a 10 win season with the upgrades we have made.

Two things really need to happen.  First, defensively...the pass rush needs to improve or the secondary needs to get coverage sacks.  With two rookie CBs and the passing attacks the NFL is seeing these days, I am not banking on the latter.

Secondly, offensively, we need quick decision making from Jones.  He has proven to be accurate when he knows where he is going with the ball.  He has weapons.  Kafka/Jones communication and prep will be huge.  That quick decision making and quicker release was a big reason Eli developed beyond the early years and it's a step I think Jones can reasonably take this year.

So yeah, tough division...but I'll max it out at 10 wins..

54 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Also my approach.  I call it being realistic.  That said, I think.we are perfectly capable of a 10 win season with the upgrades we have made.

Two things really need to happen.  First, defensively...the pass rush needs to improve or the secondary needs to get coverage sacks.  With two rookie CBs and the passing attacks the NFL is seeing these days, I am not banking on the latter.

Secondly, offensively, we need quick decision making from Jones.  He has proven to be accurate when he knows where he is going with the ball.  He has weapons.  Kafka/Jones communication and prep will be huge.  That quick decision making and quicker release was a big reason Eli developed beyond the early years and it's a step I think Jones can reasonably take this year.

So yeah, tough division...but I'll max it out at 10 wins..

Yep. Anywhere from 7 to 10 wins seems to be the probable range for this team, barring any injuries.

On 9/6/2023 at 7:05 PM, mastershake said:

For sure... on the defensive line I think you need at least 3 years to get comfortable and 4-5 years to really learn the position, the offensive line and some of the other offensive/defensive check downs.  So much to learn while you are still wrestling with 300+ corn eating huskers. :laugh:

On 9/8/2023 at 7:25 PM, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

For sure... on the defensive line I think you need at least 3 years to get comfortable and 4-5 years to really learn the position, the offensive line and some of the other offensive/defensive check downs.  So much to learn while you are still wrestling with 300+ corn eating huskers. :laugh:

Am sure Thibs has a chip looking at where Hutchinson is at currently. Thibs seems like a smart guy - and he gets to practice against Thomas on a daily basis - there should be marked improvement this year i feel.