SportsWrath

Can't afford more than 44 players.

BlueInCanada

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Plus 20 on IR.

This is a stupid line of criticism.

We have 44 active players on the payroll.

Is it really that hard to understand or do you need it spelt out? lol 

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-giants/ 

And we barely have 1 million in cap. 

Let's look at a winning team like the Cards, they have 50 active players on payroll. 

Are are still 2 million under the cap.  

The Pat's got a full roster and are 5 million under the cap.

The Packers have 53 players and are still 4 million under the cap.

What's so stupid about wanting to be better than being one of the highest paying teams with only 44 players and still being 4 and 10? 

Even the Ravens who has gone three IR and Covid hell have more players active lol 

7 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

We have 44 active players on the payroll.

Is it really that hard to understand or do you need it spelt out? lol 

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-giants/ 

And we barely have 1 million in cap. 

Let's look at a winning team like the Cards, they have 50 active players on payroll. 

Are are still 2 million under the cap.  

The Pat's got a full roster and are 5 million under the cap.

The Packers have 53 players and are still 4 million under the cap.

What's so stupid about wanting to be better than being one of the highest paying teams with only 44 players and still being 4 and 10? 

Even the Ravens who has gone three IR and Covid hell have more players active lol

Lol, my dude, the reason we're talking about this is the Giants break out their active roster and their covid inactive players separately on the team's official roster page. Not all teams do this; some just display them all as active roster players.

The eight active players we are missing are on the covid list.

The Patriots also have only up to 45 active players; they have seven on their covid reserve. 

I spot checked the Chiefs too, since I'd seen them in the news for covid as well. Same deal, the entire covid reserve list is displayed in the active roster.

This is just plain empty criticism. The Giants front office sucks, but this is not why.

On 12/22/2021 at 6:23 PM, CrazedDogs said:

Lol, my dude, the reason we're talking about this is the Giants break out their active roster and their covid inactive players separately on the team's official roster page. Not all teams do this; some just display them all as active roster players.

The eight active players we are missing are on the covid list.

The Patriots also have only up to 45 active players; they have seven on their covid reserve. 

I spot checked the Chiefs too, since I'd seen them in the news for covid as well. Same deal, the entire covid reserve list is displayed in the active roster.

This is just plain empty criticism. The Giants front office sucks, but this is not why.

Well if you’re spending as much money as the winning teams and your team sucks…