SportsWrath

How many times is Mike Glennon going to be sacked tonight?

Sephiroth

How many times is Mike Glennon going to be sacked tonight?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How many times is Mike Glennon going to be sacked tonight?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

About as many times as "This season is over!!!!" is posted in the gameday thread.

Fucking place is more depressing than the P and R section yo lol

Might just hop over to the Reddit gameday instead at this point.

Yeah, seems to have spilled over here also. I am just kidding when I make fun of the line. I could care less really. I am not that invested. I am more invested in the team as a whole. 

7 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

About as many times as "This season is over!!!!" is posted in the gameday thread.

Fucking place is more depressing than the P and R section yo lol

Might just hop over to the Reddit gameday instead at this point.

I am convinced this place needs a "like" button like facebook

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

Just once. Peart gave it up.

The OL really wasn't that bad last night. Just saw that Wiggins played almost the whole game for Lemieux, and he didn't embarrass himself. Hernandez was good after the first drive. Peart settled down. Thomas looked very good. 

I don't know why people are freaking out before the first preseason game. 

On 8/15/2021 at 10:55 AM, CrazedDogs said:

Just once. Peart gave it up.

The OL really wasn't that bad last night. Just saw that Wiggins played almost the whole game for Lemieux, and he didn't embarrass himself. Hernandez was good after the first drive. Peart settled down. Thomas looked very good. 

If you go back and look again, Wiggins was fucking horrible. Peart played well after giving up the first sack, but that's like putting out the fire after your kitchen burned down. The other three weren't terrible in the passing game but were below average opening up running lanes.

I predict the Cleveland d-line will be a real eye-opener for the o-line apologists this week.

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

If you go back and look again, Wiggins was fucking horrible. Peart played well after giving up the first sack, but that's like putting out the fire after your kitchen burned down. The other three weren't terrible in the passing game but were below average opening up running lanes.

I predict the Cleveland d-line will be a real eye-opener for the o-line apologists this week.

One sack is the kitchen burned down?

5 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what I was thinking, I did see Wiggins have difficulty against the back end of the Jets roster.... so how decent could he have done against the starters.

Overall the first team OL was somewhere around fair-to-poor on Saturday, but there were some reasons for optimism. Hernandez looked a lot better than I expected. Thomas was confident and competent. Gates was solid - I think he's becoming a very respectable player, by the way. Peart may be a very significant question mark, but he had some really good blocks too. 

It's going to come down to health on the OL more than ever. 

4 hours ago, Joe Guyden said:

One sack is the kitchen burned down?

One sack in ten or twelve passing downs will get you about 50 sacks a season. Not good, really bad.

But I think it's more that the sack was on directly on the offensive lineman. Coverage sacks are a different story.