SportsWrath

Dragon's Mock

Dragon

I was messing around with the mock draft simulator on Pro Football Network and this is what I came up with for us. I didn't accept any trades this time (as the offers were terrible) and some players fell to unexpected places, but I think I'd be ecstatic if this was how the draft fell for us. 

11 - Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama

42 - Wyatt Davis OG Ohio State

76 - Alim McNeill DT NCST

116 - Quincy Roche EDGE Miami

196 - Camryn Bynum CB California 

201 - Larry Roundtree III RB Missouri

Thoughts?

I swear I am he only one who does not want a WR in the first for us...tho it's almost a given we're getting one of the Alabama two.

I'd rather go OT or DE in the first...LB too if Parsons is there. 

Like the 2nd rounder.

3rd is where I am starting to look at WR.

Well there's a couple reasons I went WR in the first. Only 4 QBs went in the top 10... one of which was Washington trading up to 9 for Trey Lance. Pitts, Sewell, Slater, Chase and Smith were also all off the board when Dallass took Surtain. That left me with Waddle or Parsons and as much as I like Parsons, he's more of a luxury pick to me than the WR as the defense is the clear strength of the team right now.

The other thing is that regardless of the Golladay/Ross signings we still had the 31st ranked offense. God forbid KG goes down for any length of time and this offense is right back to what it was in 2020. The argument about the OL is valid, but just improving the OL doesn't solve the full issue. Part of the OL issues were caused by our skill position players being incapable of dealing with press man and other team's just pinning their ears back and sending 7-8 rushers on nearly every play. I dare a team to try that with Golladay and Waddle on the field rather than Tate and Slayton.

I'm all for an Edge after the 1st as long as it doesn't conflict with a larger need... so if we go OL in the 1st and the WR names in the 2nd aren't worth pick 42 then by all means... go Edge. I just don't think its as big of a priority as some other think it is. 

8 hours ago, Dragon said:

I was messing around with the mock draft simulator on Pro Football Network and this is what I came up with for us. I didn't accept any trades this time (as the offers were terrible) and some players fell to unexpected places, but I think I'd be ecstatic if this was how the draft fell for us. 

Thoughts?

I'd be fairly satisfied with this.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

I'd be fairly satisfied with this.

Version 2. This time, Slater, the guy I want, falls to us at #11.

#11: OT/G Rashawn Slater, Northwestern

#42: WR Elijah Moore, Ole Miss (every PFF simulation I run seems to have Moore falling to us here, and he's too good to pass on IMO)

#76: EDGE Patrick Johnson, Tulane

Trade. Giants trade #116 to the patriots for #120 and #188

#120: DT Bobby Brown, Texas A&M

#188: OT Jaylon Moore, Western Michigan

#196: RB Rhamodore Stevenson, Oklahoma

#201: CB Bryce Thompson, Tennessee

10 hours ago, Dragon said:

Thoughts?

Not familiar with McNeill and Bynum but love the rest of it.

3 hours ago, mastershake said:

https://postimg.cc/KR8G28Q5

FYI: Waddle, Smith, Chase, and Slater were all taken before #11 so I traded down to #15 and still got a quality lineman in the first, and quality reciever in the 2nd.

I try to stay away from PFF cause I'm not a fan of their rankings but that's a damn good draft. 

its a shame that we won the " Chase Young  " game against Washington 2 seasons ago otherwise things would be a bit easier. (and lets hope Andrew Thomas doesn't turn out to be the next Ereck Flowers.

Nice draft Dragon ......i think we end up with Waddle too but i definitely want EDGE in the 2nd round

I'm also starting to favor taking Ben Cleveland (OG Georgia), or Deonte Brown (OG Alabama) if we don't address OL in the 1st or 2nd. Cleveland for familiarity with Thomas and Deonte Brown because he looks like he picks his teeth with defenders. 

17 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

After the first pick all I know is I want Wyatt Davis and Roche. 

I know I've mocked Roche to us numerous times. 

Unless they go DE in the first. 

Roche is funny... I started off really liking him too, but the more I watch the less I like him.

28 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Roche is funny... I started off really liking him too, but the more I watch the less I like him.

Well I mean he's a third/fourth round talent.

The liklyhood the guy even starts or is even on the team in four years is beyond luck and a rarity in the NFL. You're not trying to find a 14 year starter just someone who can fit in the system. 

I feel like Graham would love his versatility.