SportsWrath

Giants over the cap by 3 million.

BlueInCanada

"Zeitler, Tate, Solder"

Cutting these three alone should save ~$24-25mm in cap space.

Other cuts we'll likely need are Pulley ($2.75mm), Levine Toilolo ($3mm), Cody Core ($2mm). Plus if we cut Hernandez, that's ~$2mm.

I also think we should cut Engram if we can replace him. That frees up $6mm.

4 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

To be fair it's because of the cap going down this year.

Most teams are going to be over the cap.

But it's going to be a wild offseason.

A lot of big contracts are going to get cut.

It's also because 3 of our top 4 contracts are currently Solder, Zeitler, and Tate, taking up a combined $42mm in cap space...and only about ~$24-25mm if we cut them, for approximately $17-18mm in dead cap on these three.

Thanks DG.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

It's also because 3 of our top 4 contracts are currently Solder, Zeitler, and Tate, taking up a combined $42mm in cap space...and only about ~$24-25mm if we cut them, for approximately $17-18mm in dead cap on these three.

Thanks DG.

Yeah he's not a cap manager at all lol 

Post cuts, at the start of free agency, I think we'll essentially be at ~$30-32mm in cap space available, with Leonard Williams and Dalvin Tomlinson as key free agents. This means we probably only have enough cap space for one "major" free agent signing (which might be Williams), cannot afford both Williams and Tomlinson, plus we're likely going to be entering the draft with three gaping holes on the offensive line.

I'd like to reiterate: Solder, Hernandez, Cam Fleming, Spencer Pulley....all are DG duds. Zeitler was an okay acquisition. Plus again, it's the OL moves DG did NOT make which bug me as well.

I bet the offseason plays out like this.

Leonard Williams 5 years $80mm

WR Curtis Samuel 3 years $25mm

Rest of FA acquisitions are depth signings / scrubs.

Draft TE Kyle Pitts or best WR available in the 1st round. 2nd round, pass rusher or CB.

Once again, we have no OL to support this team. 6-10. Idiot DG relies on Hernandez at RG, Lemieaux at LG, and Peart at RT. We're fucked.

It's a guess at best because the cap hasn't been released yet.  They think the salary cap is going to be a specific number and therefore the Giants will be over the cap.  That salary cap number puts a third of the league over the cap.