SportsWrath

Giants sign QB Webb

Herc

Giants sign QB Joe Webb to reserve/future contract

Jan 08, 2021 at 11:18 AM

The New York Giants have signed versatile quarterback Joe Webb to a reserve/future contract.

Webb was signed to the team's practice squad on December 8 and promoted to the active roster on December 19. He appeared in two games for the Giants on special teams and recorded one solo tackle before being waived on January 2.

Originally a sixth-round pick of the Vikings in 2010, Webb has played for six teams during his 10 years in the NFL

The 34-year-old has compiled a versatile stat line throughout his career. Webb has completed 90 of 159 passes for 888 yards and three touchdowns. He has registered 50 rush attempts for 326 yards (6.5 avg.) and four touchdowns to go along with 10 receptions for 74 yards, and has also returned 18 kickoffs for 401 yards (22.3 avg.).

giants.com

2 hours ago, Nas said:

No he wasn’t.    He was pretty good actually.  We had bad coaches who wanted to lay their failures on the young man.

What are you talking about? Lol 

"Pretty good" "Lay failures" 

He was a practice squad QB for a single year in 2017 with this team.

It's alright to like players but I have no idea what you're even trying to say lol

16 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

It's alright to like players but I have no idea what you're even trying to say lol

That's a very long way of saying you disagree.    I happened to see talent that was never developed.    You saw another player who didn't pan out.   It's not a right or wrong answer... Just different opinions.  

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Jesse Palmer/Jack Stroud 2.0?

At least Palmer lasted his whole rookie contract.