SportsWrath

Ready to win the 2020 MVP

BlueInCanada

I'll be surprised if Barkley doesn't have an MVP in him. It wasn't talked about much, but his pass blocking was exploited last season, especially while he was having ankle issues. He needs to round out his game because he was more likely last season to end a drive with a missed block than with a long touchdown.

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

I'll be surprised if Barkley doesn't have an MVP in him. It wasn't talked about much, but his pass blocking was exploited last season, especially while he was having ankle issues. He needs to round out his game because he was more likely last season to end a drive with a missed block than with a long touchdown.

This dude isn’t doing anything if we don’t fix this line. Heck, I bet Barkley will put up MVP type number if we get him an average line.

1 minute ago, NeMesiS said:

This dude isn’t doing anything if we don’t fix this line. Heck, I bet Barkley will put up MVP type number if we get him an average line.

yeah, I can count on one hand the number of 'Emmitt Smith' holes he's received in his first two years.... they were all TDs. 

11 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

yeah, I can count on one hand the number of 'Emmitt Smith' holes he's received in his first two years.... they were all TDs. 

The only one I can think of is the 70 yarder he had against Washington his rookie season. 

I won't discredit Emmitt too much, because his vision to see those holes opening was what made him special.

That said, I would have loved to see Barry behind that line in his prime.  Emmitt was good, but he wasn't close to Sanders despite stat lines.

But yeah, I was glad to see resources spent on the line this offseason for both Jones and Barkley.  That trend needs to continue next year with a little more help on defense...Carter and Ximines are huge wildcards this season.

I hope that a little offensive consistency bodes well for a more rested defense and more pressure on opposing QBs...but that's a big step to take.

I just want a season of football...thats a bigger concern for me

Reading about how he's been working out like Tiki used too, this gives me hope he's basically going to carry the team this year.

If Garret has shown anything he has a run first mentality which means Barkley should have plenty of opportunities to make defenders look silly.

7 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Reading about how he's been working out like Tiki used too, this gives me hope he's basically going to carry the team this year.

If Garret has shown anything he has a run first mentality which means Barkley should have plenty of opportunities to make defenders look silly.

This is what has me excited too. Garret also has had experience working with one of the Best OLs football for years now and am sure there are quite a few things he can impart to the OL from his Dallas days. Barkley is WAY more talented than Zeke is - cant wait to see what Barkley is capable of. Hope we have a full season.