SportsWrath

So if Getty goes, do they hit the reset button again?

BlueInCanada

There was no secret that Getty was almost fired this offseason, and Mara laid down the challenge of Getty making a plan that will pull this team out of the gutter it's been in the last 4 years.

However let's say he doesn't pull it off.

Williams signs the tag, Judge doesn't have a good first year, Dimes hits the historic year two slump for QBs, etc.

So Getty "retires" and Mara goes hunting for a new GM.

Very rarely does any new GM wants to work with the previous GMs coaches, roster, staff, etc. Look at how quickly Getty threw JRs players out the door.

So if it happens, does Judge get bounced after a year? Does the team go through another rebuild? Are Jones and Judge safe under a new GM? Or does Mara just hand him the keys to the city?

Judge will be given at least 3 years to right this ship in the right direction. All the other coaches after coughlin were puff soft fucks without a proper plan or clue and neither a capability to hire capable coordinators. Judge looks like a guy with a plan. This team is literally just a better OL away from competing. I hope that gets fixed with better coaching. I mean, if we could fuck Flowers up the way we did and he actually goes and becomes serviceable for other teams, I hope the current coaching staff can get the most out of the players. If anything, Williams should fucking play his heart out because he knows he is getting paid what he doesnt deserve so far for his play. 

We'll have no idea until we see what Joe Judge is. 

If he's Coughlin Jr, he gets three years to get things turned around. 

If he's Ray Rhodes, he'll probably be one-and-done with a new GM.  No GM wants to come into a situation where their head coach is a dick. 

On 3/31/2020 at 2:35 AM, Iceman_NYG said:

Judge will be given at least 3 years to right this ship in the right direction. All the other coaches after coughlin were puff soft fucks without a proper plan or clue and neither a capability to hire capable coordinators. Judge looks like a guy with a plan. This team is literally just a better OL away from competing. I hope that gets fixed with better coaching. I mean, if we could fuck Flowers up the way we did and he actually goes and becomes serviceable for other teams, I hope the current coaching staff can get the most out of the players. If anything, Williams should fucking play his heart out because he knows he is getting paid what he doesnt deserve so far for his play. 

Shurmur got two.  Judge is going to have to earn that third year with more wins than the last two years.

Gettlemen is a genius at giving himself excuses to prevent getting fired. Last year was all about turning the page on Eli and developing a new QB, so we largely forgave him for the poor season, plus praised him for getting us Daniel Jones.

With this upcoming season, he has several built in excuses:

- New coaches/new systems.

- Lots of turnover in free agency.

- Given that he blatantly failed to address the offensive line in free agency, if he drafts OL and expects them to start, he can simply say we have young players at key positions on the O line who we're developing.

- Well, I only brought in Williams for a season and a half.

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

Gettlemen is a genius at giving himself excuses to prevent getting fired. Last year was all about turning the page on Eli and developing a new QB, so we largely forgave him for the poor season, plus praised him for getting us Daniel Jones.

With this upcoming season, he has several built in excuses:

- New coaches/new systems.

- Lots of turnover in free agency.

- Given that he blatantly failed to address the offensive line in free agency, if he drafts OL and expects them to start, he can simply say we have young players at key positions on the O line who we're developing.

- Well, I only brought in Williams for a season and a half.

He's addressed the offensive line, just not very well. Reese had the same problem... he got some players but they weren't any good. 

17 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

He's addressed the offensive line, just not very well. Reese had the same problem... he got some players but they weren't any good. 

Well, that's what I really mean. He hasn't been able to produce a capable offensive line. 

But this offseason, I don't think he's addressed it at all. If you're telling me we're going into the season with a rookie at RT/LT, Spencer Pulley or a 2nd - late round Center, and Nate Solder at LT, then the off-season has been a failure. Keep in mind, between Solder, Hernandez, Pulley, Zeitler (who I like), Fleming, etc.

Best case scenario is Nick Gates rises to the occasion, we hit big on an OT and C in the draft, and Hernandez takes a leap forward. That's an awful lot to count on there. I would have felt a lot better if we brought in Graham Glasgow at C, Bulaga at RT, and drafted Andrew Thomas or Michael Bechton at LT.